Fire Bricks

cmjc

Dear Mr. Issan Farang;

Superior: Not similar.

The bricks I bought would put those 'things' to shame:.. they remind me of processed cheese.

It's labelled cheese, sold as cheese, but one bite informs you it certainly is NOT cheese, it is processed chemical pulp, fit only for grouting the lavatory wall.

Sir, you should hot-foot to the indicated spot, and you will be able to make your own decision, and place your order. I was offered a discount for batches of 2000. It is a veritable brick heaven.

The artificially coloured 'thing's you illustrate, will crumble to dust in an earthquake, not even worthy of the name "brick".

The bricks I bought were fired to 900 degrees, and cooled over two weeks.

It goes without saying... Take a hammer to test them before you buy.

My bricks measure approx: 45mm x 190mm x 95mm (2" x 7" x 3.5") but he also has, ready to build, large quantities of others measuring 9 inches long.

He has gently curved ones to build around water wells also.

I do not possess a camera, but if you take yours, the Proprietor would gladly show you his own house, which he built himself, from bricks he made. Perhaps you could take pictures to post here, to show the quality of his workmanship.

The missus will enjoy the pottery too.

Have fun :)

58 minutes ago, alan grice said:

They dont burn very well, charcoals better.!.

The very thought that prompted Msr. Antoine Lavoisier to invent the La Beau Briquette, which as you are well aware, is highly inflammable and used to light charcoal.

51 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Yet another topic about Bricks it. :thumbsup:

Hanoverian bricks are excellent, Italian Pisa bricks rubbish, and Frog-bricks can't even smash a Citroen's windows in.

We should never have gone in, they even measure them in millimetres... nuff sed!

• Haha 2

• 7 months later...

Idle Hands Make...

...Things from Bricks:

Houses, Garage, Granny Flat, Gardener's Outhouse, Barbecue, Gentleman's Folly, Pool Pump House, Man-Cave, Water- feature, well-surround, Hobbit house, Furnace, workshop, Brick space-heater, Gazebo, zyat etc...

About 15km North of Maechan, just before entering Huai Krai on the LEFT side of the Main Highway, I see Mr. Jantawan has put up the sign, and now has stacks of his quality fire bricks by the road-side.

Ideal for idle hands :)

19 minutes ago, cmjc said:

Idle Hands Make...

...Things from Bricks:

Houses, Garage, Granny Flat, Gardener's Outhouse, Barbecue, Gentleman's Folly, Pool Pump House, Man-Cave, Water- feature, well-surround, Hobbit house, Furnace, workshop, Brick space-heater, Gazebo, zyat etc...

About 15km North of Maechan, just before entering Huai Krai on the LEFT side of the Main Highway, I see Mr. Jantawan has put up the sign, and now has stacks of his quality fire bricks by the road-side.

Ideal for idle hands ????

Used some of his items on a recent build

P4010829.JPG

P4010832.JPG

P4010835.JPG

• 5 weeks later...

Apologies for the delay in responding; I had termites in my laptop.

Well bricked Sir, that's the spirit!

Your hand-built structure will last longer than our flesh, I suspect.

It put's my 32 brick oven to shame!

How were the bricks to work with?

Lovely colours of the tiles and bricks.

Which are easier?

I watched them tiling a huge floor area of a sala, using large sized tiles, and it was quite a job getting them flat AND level, but worth the effort when rainwater runs off nicely.

How did you get the brick load home?

I understand Mr. Jantawan delivers by lorry.

Btw. Last year, he showed me inside his own brick house with a roaring open fire inside, lovely plain brick towering inside walls. I was surprised it was only single-wall, not double layers for insulation. It does get cold enough in Winter here to warrant cavity-insulation, and it'd save a lot on heating and air conditioning bills.

Well done! ????

PS. What did you use to get the smooth light-grey finish on the outer wall? 

Edited by cmjc
spelling

• 2 months later...