Software For Retail Store

guardian

My friend will be soon opening a silver jewelry store in New Jersey and has asked me to help find a software to run the store.

Though I consider my expertise in computers to be in mid-level, I am still confused regarding accounting softwares. I'd like to know what's the difference between a Point of Sale (POS) software and an accounting software?

Here's what he needs: He'll be buying jewelry here in Thailand and shipping them to USA. He wants to maintain stock along with images of each design along with model number and the store he bought them from. And then he needs a software in his store where either himself or his employee would just simply key in the code number and print the bill out.

Is there any single software which would do all of this or does he have to buy 2 softwares? I've been trying to find information about this for about 2 weeks now and it did not strike me to post asking here, until I saw another post requesting for POS software for a cafe.

Guest Reimar

A POS software is used for to run Retail Business from small to big sites but it didn't include a full accounting software.

With an good pos you can do:

1. Inventory

2. Purchasing

3. Selling

4. Invoicing

5. Manufacturing

6. Job Orders

7. keep track of curtomersd

8. keep track of vendors

and and .....and!

A quite good software for Tetailing is: Golden Inventory, you can find info at: http://www.execuitivpro.com

Anopther is: http://imagicinventorysoftware.com

take a look at the sites!

But keep in mind, best is to looking for an software with possibility to connect via Internet as well as able to export the Data as CVS format!