Laos still giving visas?

There is much talk about farang getting turned away in Laos trying to get Thai visas. Everyone has a different story based on their situation. But my question is: Is there any official word issued about restrictions at Laos consulates specifically regarding tourist visas, and ED visas. I am an American. Thank you.

Lots of ED visa refused for wrong paperwork or blacklisted school. Repeat Ed visa might get interviewed in thai. First tourist visa not an issue but might require bank account with 20K+ baht. Best use a visa run service. They know best and they are cheap. 

• Like 1

maybe this was cover some where but can't find the answer so here we go..... if going to LAOS can we get visa at the border or do we have to apply before, how does it work as I was anticipating a trip over there (European passport holder)

Just now, Mavideol said:

maybe this was cover some where but can't find the answer so here we go..... if going to LAOS can we get visa at the border or do we have to apply before, how does it work as I was anticipating a trip over there (European passport holder)

You pay and apply at the border. Price vary depending on nationality. You may save money by paying with USD instead of Thai baht. Bring a passport photo and a pen. 

3 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

You pay and apply at the border. Price vary depending on nationality. You may save money by paying with USD instead of Thai baht. Bring a passport photo and a pen. 

thks, is it same arriving at airport

Lao consulate rule is no setv for previous stay history over 90days.

Things tightened up due to huge numbers of hassle applications visa run companies dumped on them, they became overcrowded and had too many visa abuse applications so policy changed and general policy on visa issue anywhere and at immigration entry has changed abruptly .