EU tells PM Johnson to stop playing 'stupid' Brexit blame game

webfact

8 hours ago, SheungWan said:

The "I have run out of patience" strategic argument from the Hard Brexit team. emoji1782.png

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You may need to check your definition of patience. Whatever it is, I ran out of it when the inept T. May achieved <deleted> all. 

Why do you erroneously refer to ‘Hard Brexit team’ ? 

My posts advocate no such thing. Only if the UK cannot get any cooperation from the EU in shaping a deal, that will receive parliamentary approval, would I opt for a No Deal exit. 

Now, in case you hadn’t noticed, the T. May negotiated offering was totally rejected by parliament. There is no ‘deal’.

Boris Johnson’s commendable efforts to seek changes, that parliament might vote through, have been met with obstacle after obstacle from the EU side. That doesn’t give much hope for cooperation on future trade deals etc.

We have an impasse. We can’t seem to get a revised deal from the EU and no amount of extensions look likely to change that. In which case we should just leave and get on with dealing with whatever ‘no deal’ Brexit means.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, puipuitom said:

In Dec 2013 Cameron already came with the referendum idea. Nearly 6 long tears the British could prepare on.. what if.. then next... Till now.. NOTHING done.

You may have missed the fact the UK are dealing with foreigners over the issue....????

You may need to check your definition of patience. Whatever it is, I ran out of it when the inept T. May achieved all. 

My posts advocate no such thing. Only if the UK cannot get any cooperation from the EU in shaping a deal, that will receive parliamentary approval, would I opt for a No Deal exit. 

Now, in case you hadn’t noticed, the T. May negotiated offering was totally rejected by parliament. There is no ‘deal’.

Boris Johnson’s commendable efforts to seek changes, that parliament might vote through, have been met with obstacle after obstacle from the EU side. That doesn’t give much hope for cooperation on future trade deals etc.

We have an impasse. We can’t seem to get a revised deal from the EU and no amount of extensions look likely to change that. In which case we should just leave and get on with dealing with whatever ‘no deal’ Brexit means.
Parliament rejected no-deal. Hard Brexiteers pretend not to notice.

You may need to check your definition of patience. Whatever it is, I ran out of it when the inept T. May achieved all. 

The Not-Hard-Brexit team.

There is no cliff. You appear to be getting hysterical. Better take your pills, find the tin foil hat and go have a lie down [emoji38].

In other news, the "impartial" speaker John Bercow is now having secret meetings with the President of the European Parliament to block No Deal. Another nice bit of collusion from the traitorous Remainers.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/british-parliament-speaker-john-bercow-met-with-eu-counterpart-to-stymie-clean-brexit/

John Bercow certainly not impartial in defending Parliament. Johnson's actions broke the law in suspending Parliament. Very important that no-deal is not represented to the EU as the will of Parliament during that suspension period. What's going on? A reasonable question when faced with Johnson's continual lying. Maybe the EU can speak with the Hard Brexiteer claque and ask them. Righteo [emoji1782]

Now for once you have posted something on the ball... "Your" emijon.....[emoji23]
The Hard Brexiteer lament of 'just get it over with' is certainly a dishonest one as their supposedly innocent race for the line is 100% reserved for no-deal. And coyly avoids their illegal use of Parliament suspension to achieve the objective. As if nobody else notices. [emoji1782]

1 minute ago, SheungWan said:

The Hard Brexiteer lament of 'just get it over with' is certainly a dishonest one as their supposedly innocent race for the line is 100% reserved for no-deal. And coyly avoids their illegal use of Parliament suspension to achieve the objective. As if nobody else notices. emoji1782.png

Well that is how you think Ronald, at least you are consistent....????

Maybe the “Not quite so hard Brexit team”.
Well that is something giving the uber Conspiracy Theory Brexiteers a couple of sleepless nights wondering if Johnson might not quite lead them to the promised land. Brexit Party and UKIP standing by to stick it to Boris if he stumbles.

3 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

The consistent dishonesty that no-deal Brexit was voted on by the referendum is pretty obvious. Not exactly rocket science to spot it.

There you go again, like a scratched record, round and round with the same ol' blabber.....Quoting something that was never there....????

There you go again, like a scratched record, round and round with the same ol' blabber.....Quoting something that was never there....[emoji3064]
Unfortunately, too many Hard Brexiteers want a free pass to repeat untruths and get away with it. Get upset when pointed out.

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

There is no cliff. You appear to be getting hysterical. Better take your pills, find the tin foil hat and go have a lie down ????.

In other news, the "impartial" speaker John Bercow is now having secret meetings with the President of the European Parliament to block No Deal. Another nice bit of collusion from the traitorous Remainers.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/british-parliament-speaker-john-bercow-met-with-eu-counterpart-to-stymie-clean-brexit/

That was the main thing that struck me too from beautifulthailand's post pointing out the talks between 'neutral' Bercow (????) and the EU - to block brexit!

12 minutes ago, el torro said:

That was the main thing that struck me too from beautifulthailand's post pointing out the talks between 'neutral' Bercow (????) and the EU - to block brexit!

His job is to uphold parliamentary procedure. Johnson broke parliamentary procedure by proroguing parliament for the length of time that he did. Now threatening to breach parliamentary procedure (and democracy) by refusing to comply with the Benn Act.

Hardly surprising that Bercow is more than a bit miffed and howling Brexiteers see him as the devil incarnate.

11 hours ago, englishoak said:

You seem rather desperate to find an enemy, thats not me "friend" I couldnt care less about you one way or another.  i dont care about the exchange rate either  which is what I think your probably most upset about and blaming Brexit for. Really thats  more about bad economic management and QE the past decade. I do however care about the little honesty thats left in my country and its electoral political system and why I can and will no longer vote either Labour or Liberal.. and I will use my vote and as said before im not the only disgusted one who will.

fair enough - good luck with that shame you think the 'elites' that stand to prosper most from this wholly misguided Brexit venture are the one's that will feed you with weasel words but no real improvements in the prospects for the average working man or the communities where they come from. All you will get for your disgust is a more rapid decline from where we are. Maybe if I had ended up in my late 50s with pretty much f'all I would feel differently but that's not the case. As for the exchange rate up till Brexit day the reasons you state are correct - but 10 - 15 baht in every pound has been lost to Brexit and a hard brexit would probably add another 5 to that. Money that many here on fixed incomes and maybe families to support can ill afford to lose. Anyway ultimately we are all little people  - que sera sera. 

Archived