EU tells PM Johnson to stop playing 'stupid' Brexit blame game

webfact

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Can somebody please give Boris a ring & tell him that the EU do not want the UK to leave,

The guy is just not in touch with reality

We all know that the EU does not want the UK to leave.....

Although to be fair, they're working on a pretty good 'compromise' - leave in name only, whilst still paying.....

We all know that the EU does not want the UK to leave.....

Although to be fair, they're working on a pretty good 'compromise' - leave in name only, whilst still paying.....
What we all know is that there is no Parliamentary majority for no-deal Brexit and nor has there ever been.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

His job is to uphold parliamentary procedure. Johnson broke parliamentary procedure by proroguing parliament for the length of time that he did. Now threatening to breach parliamentary procedure (and democracy) by refusing to comply with the Benn Act.

Hardly surprising that Bercow is more than a bit miffed and howling Brexiteers see him as the devil incarnate.

Bercow by name,berk by nature

6 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

fair enough - good luck with that shame you think the 'elites' that stand to prosper most from this wholly misguided Brexit venture are the one's that will feed you with weasel words but no real improvements in the prospects for the average working man or the communities where they come from. All you will get for your disgust is a more rapid decline from where we are. Maybe if I had ended up in my late 50s with pretty much f'all I would feel differently but that's not the case. As for the exchange rate up till Brexit day the reasons you state are correct - but 10 - 15 baht in every pound has been lost to Brexit and a hard brexit would probably add another 5 to that. Money that many here on fixed incomes and maybe families to support can ill afford to lose. Anyway ultimately we are all little people  - Que sera sera

Im going to and agree with most of your post, 90% of it. tbh in many ways it dosnt matter what the outcome of Brexit is, the elites who stand to prosper have the same mo, no one is going to convince me the EUs leaders and elites have my countries best interest at heart anymore than I believe my own elites care one jot about the people, I do think there is more control possible and flexibility to change that if not in the EU, im big on independence and prepared to take a lot of pain and sacrifice for that, i do understand others arnt. I do disagree about the future of the exchange rates, in the short term I agree it will worsen as the markets cash in but it may well bounce depending on the moves of the gov, we can do a lot of instant policy changes as independent, in the longer term I have no idea given its been in the mid 20s before and up in the 90s. Nor does anyone else, there are only guesses and projections none of which are ever accurate so i dont bother worrying about that. Nothing ever stays the same and the world is in rapidly increasing state of flux and change. Que sera sera indeed ????

Of course I sympathise with people on a budget, I am too and wouldnt wish hardship on anyone and family, you and yours included so apologies for sounding so harsh. I had to decide where our kids got an education, we chose the UK over Thailand so returned home, put that first and made huge life sacrifices for the intention later again living full time in Thailand. Unfortunately that is becoming more unlikely every passing year and its not the Exchange rates concerning us longterm, that changes, can be planned for or overcome somewhat and belts tightened. Its the other things like family unit security and the ever increasing requirements and rules there are my real concern, we all know what they are etc. Thailand imo is going in totally the wrong direction for a westerner to live, raise a family and or be secure as one. Cant and wont risk my family being split up on the whim of some corrupt gov official, immigration goal post being changed or awful new impossible hoop to jump through so the home is now likely to remain the UK where they are allowed to stay permanently with full rights etc. The world imo is shrinking and will continue to rapidly for everyone but the uber rich as tech, global economic issues and others take hold and lock things down. I would prefer independence as a small modest nation than take orders in a state i believe is less democratic and intent on becoming an empire. 

We are indeed all small fish in the scheme of things.  Be well and happy. 

Im going to and agree with most of your post, 90% of it. tbh in many ways it dosnt matter what the outcome of Brexit is, the elites who stand to prosper have the same mo, no one is going to convince me the EUs leaders and elites have my countries best interest at heart anymore than I believe my own elites care one jot about the people, I do think there is more control possible and flexibility to change that if not in the EU, im big on independence and prepared to take a lot of pain and sacrifice for that, i do understand others arnt. I do disagree about the future of the exchange rates, in the short term I agree it will worsen as the markets cash in but it may well bounce depending on the moves of the gov, we can do a lot of instant policy changes as independent, in the longer term I have no idea given its been in the mid 20s before and up in the 90s. Nor does anyone else, there are only guesses and projections none of which are ever accurate so i dont bother worrying about that. Nothing ever stays the same and the world is in rapidly increasing state of flux and change. Que sera sera indeed [emoji6]

Of course I sympathise with people on a budget, I am too and wouldnt wish hardship on anyone and family, you and yours included so apologies for sounding so harsh. I had to decide where our kids got an education, we chose the UK over Thailand so returned home, put that first and made huge life sacrifices for the intention later again living full time in Thailand. Unfortunately that is becoming more unlikely every passing year and its not the Exchange rates concerning us longterm, that changes, can be planned for or overcome somewhat and belts tightened. Its the other things like family unit security and the ever increasing requirements and rules there are my real concern, we all know what they are etc. Thailand imo is going in totally the wrong direction for a westerner to live, raise a family and or be secure as one. Cant and wont risk my family being split up on the whim of some corrupt gov official, immigration goal post being changed or awful new impossible hoop to jump through so the home is now likely to remain the UK where they are allowed to stay permanently with full rights etc. The world imo is shrinking and will continue to rapidly for everyone but the uber rich as tech, global economic issues and others take hold and lock things down. I would prefer independence as a small modest nation than take orders in a state i believe is less democratic and intent on becoming an empire. 

Rambling on and on about nothing much while worrying if Boris is going to stiff the true Hard Brexit believers.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

28 minutes ago, englishoak said:

Im going to and agree with most of your post, 90% of it. tbh in many ways it dosnt matter what the outcome of Brexit is, the elites who stand to prosper have the same mo, no one is going to convince me the EUs leaders and elites have my countries best interest at heart anymore than I believe my own elites care one jot about the people, I do think there is more control possible and flexibility to change that if not in the EU, im big on independence and prepared to take a lot of pain and sacrifice for that, i do understand others arnt. I do disagree about the future of the exchange rates, in the short term I agree it will worsen as the markets cash in but it may well bounce depending on the moves of the gov, we can do a lot of instant policy changes as independent, in the longer term I have no idea given its been in the mid 20s before and up in the 90s. Nor does anyone else, there are only guesses and projections none of which are ever accurate so i dont bother worrying about that. Nothing ever stays the same and the world is in rapidly increasing state of flux and change. Que sera sera indeed ????

Thanks  - very nice words  and I'm sure you made the right choice of bringing the kids to the UK and I pretty much agree with most of your analysis. In the end life is short and being kind and civil to each other is the best way to go. Britain's still a great country with a great people hope all goes as well as it can for you and your family you seem like a top bloke whatever your views on Brexit and in the end that's what matters most for us "the little people".  Nearly had a tear in my eye ....nearly.....????

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Archived