Comparing Philippines and Thailand

EricTh

2 minutes ago, wisperone said:

You contradict yourself.

Yes, in quality of food ways, I know ... but I think it's not worth arguing about, until you go and eat PH food yourself.

Maybe some like it, some not.

As good as the variety of Thai food is, I certainly can't eat it day in / day out.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just another Youtuber earning money on clicks and can live as a king in a 3rd world country by just making a few videos every week.  That's the young generation for you, hate it or love it. 
I wonder where he pays his tax? 

On 10/9/2019 at 5:25 PM, donnacha said:

Yes. He does a good job of presenting information that a lot of people are interested in.

Based on his viewing curve, this individual ten-minute video has already earned him between $2K and $3K, and by the end of next year it will have earned him between $4K and $6K.

Most YouTube videos continue to earn money for years but the monthly amount drops over time. Some lucky videos, however, actually gain more momentum and earn more money per month as the years go by. 

That is likely to be the case with this guy's videos because he has been consistently producing around 3 videos per week since he started 3 years ago, totaling over 400 so far, and currently has 336K subscribers. His most popular video has generated 1,178,509 views in just seven months, already earning him between $3.5K and $6K.

Cumulatively, over the past 3 years, his channel has earned him between $130K and $220K, with most of that money coming this year.

All this suggests he will keep hammering away and building his audience, meaning that his older content will keep getting new views and earning money far into the future.

Absolute nonsense regarding YT earnings.  99.99999% make nothing. There is no reason to think this video is any different. 

50 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Absolute nonsense regarding YT earnings.  99.99999% make nothing. There is no reason to think this video is any different. 

Most people make nothing because they don't get enough views. This video has 558,272 views. 

You get paid for the number of views you get. It depends on the niche how much. It can be $3 per 1000 views, less, but I also heard about people getting over $10 for 1000 views (videos about finance get high paying ads).  I think it is safe to say that he made at least $2000 with this video.  And this will increase if the video gets more views later.  If you make a video like this every week and do not pay taxes you have a nice income. Especially when you live in the Philippines.

23 hours ago, Trentham said:
  • Comparing Philippines and Thailand. They are both countries where pot bellied old farts go to get sex when they can't get it at home anymore.

Yes exactly.

And thank goodness there are places like these still available in the world.

5 hours ago, wisperone said:

Really?

I guess that depends on your tolerability of poor quality food. To each their own.

You failed to specify which of my two comments about food you are objecting to.

I said that the Philippines has better food than many countries. You might not be in a position to see the truth of that statement until you have traveled in as many African and ex-USSR countries as I have. I understand that, if your experience is limited to Thailand and other major tourist destinations, the Philippines might not be as immediately easy. In the context of the world as a whole, however, it is pretty easy to feed yourself in Phils.

If, on the other hand, you objected to my statement that food is "astonishingly good in Thailand and Vietnam", well, I stand by that. Those countries have food cultures that are bizarrely good, I would put Italy in the same category. Cooking and eating are religions in those countries.

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I can cook pancakes wherever I am, just need flour and a frying pan.

Cooking is easy, and you can eat food from every country in the world without leaving your home.

Yeah. While chewing over the idea of staying in the Philippines again, I've been thinking a lot about eggs. Anything simple I can make for myself without having to worry about eating out, except for fun of course.

I once hid a rice cooker in my Davao hotel room and used it to make porridge in the morning, boiled eggs in the afternoon, and hot water for coffee throughout the day. This time, I really should find some form of cheap accommodation that includes a simple kitchen ????

It's funny how you get from one to another ????

This girl, the girlfriend from Finn, the guy in OP's opening video ... she also vlogs now.

He's a good video editor and makes excellent Drone shots ... she's fun and lovely to see them together, vlogging each other traveling around the Philippines. 

Filipino's love them, whether local or working/living abroad. Read those comments.

Expats here in Thailand are getting too absorbed into immi rules and other issue's/problems, they become often very negative over the years.

After watching a series of all those vlogs, I was thinking to myself, yes, why not go and check it how life is there for a year or two.

It certainly would make a nice change ... so many beautiful islands to explore and travel around.

I like both to me there is not much difference between Angeles City and Pattaya.  Smaller and no beach in AC.

But, lots of young sexy girls, golf, restaurants, a couple of nice malls, bars, gyms, etc. 

Plus, 90% good English and not many if any big tours/buses. And, the exchange rate has not deteriorated.

I plan on spending all of March and April next year in AC hate anything in or near Songkran.

37 minutes ago, balo said:

Well RedPhil is doing a good job promoting his friends in this thread.
I never clicked on any of his videos, sorry about that.  

haha, not my friends, don't even know them ... just saying they are doing a pretty decent job and it's not like the negative things people say, with their Thai expat cap on ... 

Also, and that's an interesting factor ... the PH tourist authorities even support and invite them ... what a stark contrast to Thailand. 

That was a bit my point posting those videos ... besides that I enjoyed their travels and reports around PH and all the islands.

It's definitely harder to find really good food in the Philippines. However, after a while here I started to get bored of only eating Thai food, and only being able to choose between poor quality pork, chicken or seafood (which I can't eat). Sometimes I just want something different and although I am a decent cook, there's always one or two ingredients I can't get locally and have to do a 3 hour round trip to Makro for.

Thai food is very tasty but eating only Thai food every single day becomes a bit of a grind. Bear in mind in I live in a very rural location - restaurants which serve "western food" will have sandwiches made from the worst bread in the world, the pizzas will have mayonnaise on them, and the burgers are made from pork mince!

People who come to Thailand for a 2 week trip are probably wowed by the food, but if they lived here permanently they would realise that it's usually very oily, fried stuff packed with loads of MSG and sugar.

On 10/10/2019 at 12:04 AM, Older and Wiser said:

Wow, so many posts, yet you're still an idiot who can't even spell the name of the place. What a dumb generalization.

i got robbed thier twice and the police didnt help me get my passport back . i never go back

6 hours ago, yogavnture said:
On 10/10/2019 at 11:04 AM, Older and Wiser said:

Wow, so many posts, yet you're still an idiot who can't even spell the name of the place. What a dumb generalization.

i got robbed thier twice and the police didnt help me get my passport back . i never go back

let me see if i understand this correctly; you respond to a post that calls someone an idiot for a spelling error, by saying "i got robbed THIER twice"

On 10/10/2019 at 10:45 PM, donnacha said:

Yeah. While chewing over the idea of staying in the Philippines again, I've been thinking a lot about eggs. Anything simple I can make for myself without having to worry about eating out, except for fun of course.

I once hid a rice cooker in my Davao hotel room and used it to make porridge in the morning, boiled eggs in the afternoon, and hot water for coffee throughout the day. This time, I really should find some form of cheap accommodation that includes a simple kitchen ????

i wish they would take down this thread. not much info being posted here. just jibberish

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:15 AM, Captain 776 said:

Another friend going to airport to fly back to Thailand.........him and his Flip wife........had bags n backpack beside them on sidewalk.......backpack grabbed..........had wallet, all cards, passport......EVERYTHING in backpack......GONE~!!

That's exactly why I wear "out-of-fashion" cargo shorts.

3 hours ago, yogavnture said:

how do i unsubscribe im in a black hole here 

Given that you have now posted seven barely comprehensible posts complaining that the posts of others are "gibberish", perhaps deleting your account would be a more effective way to avoid more discussions that are beyond your reading level.

There are many online forums were the level of discourse would make you feel more included. For example, you might find the comments section of YouTube to be intellectually stimulating.

5 hours ago, yogavnture said:
5 hours ago, cerox said:

Just another thread to unsubscribe with just rubbish being posted.

how do i unsubscribe im in a black hole here 

thought immigration kicked out all the african hookers?

23 hours ago, donnacha said:

Given that you have now posted seven barely comprehensible posts complaining that the posts of others are "gibberish", perhaps deleting your account would be a more effective way to avoid more discussions that are beyond your reading level.

There are many online forums were the level of discourse would make you feel more included. For example, you might find the comments section of YouTube to be intellectually stimulating.

only reason i evenn posted here was due to the sexist comments. i have a zero tolerance for that  

Archived