Tony's gym closed on third road pattaya???

mickylongtime

Hi guys I would like to ask you guys if your have any news that Tony's gym has been closed, I was informed by my friend that its been closed that the one with the tennis courts and sauna, and pool, but the other side of the street sportsworld is still open, I purchased a lifetime 10years ago, so I've done OK on that one, but I'm returning in November for my winters holiday away from the UK and this b...... ks called Brexit good to get away from the thing, but looks like all the brits are going back home, will there be any brits left in Thailand soon ??? Lol ????

I see more Tonys Gym signs around Pattaya where a gym no longer exists than actual still functioning Tony's Gyms.  And it appears he is still using that same 20 year old picture of himself.  Isn't he like in his 60's now or something.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, shdmn said:

I see more Tonys Gym signs around Pattaya where a gym no longer exists than actual still functioning Tony's Gyms.  And it appears he is still using that same 20 year old picture of himself.  Isn't he like in his 60's now or something.

No he looks the same same as before, its just that he's been embalmed a few years back and has a permanent grin but apart from that, the gyms in a time warp, no changes there also, 

He used to have decent gyms in soi nerpluban and country club until he started using them as dumping grounds for old, broken, useless equipment.....then he implemented a 1 month minimum charge.....they all closed soon after [emoji58].....
Yes I used to go to Sukhumvit near the hospital. When it first opened it was great then all the equipment started breaking due to no maintenance. Then they changed it to needing to join up for a month so I left and went to fun gym.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8304F1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Kenchamp said:

Never trusted those life time membership deals.

What, you don't think a gym can sell one time lifetime memberships and keep earning a profit?  Pfffft, you people with your basic math skills think you know it all.

Edited by shdmn
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, shdmn said:

What, you don't think a gym can sell one time lifetime memberships and keep earning a profit?  Pfffft, you people with your basic math skills think you know it all.

He's obviously talking about buying a life time membership, then the gym goes broke, or shuts the doors to steal this membership money, and you are out of pocket the membership money.

Yes, rocket science I know. 

• Like 1