World Bank slashes Thailand’s GDP from 3.5 to 2.7 per cent

webfact

5 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:
12 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Economy slowing down has other factors that are perhaps not taught in the global Ivy league schools of economics,

Immigration hassles on retirees who do spread the news in their homelands and consquently, deter others,

Well written response.  And yes, as a suffering expat, I no longer recommend this place.  On social media—I let them have it—BoT takes full blame for this predicament.

And once again two mighty poster on the famous TVF- booard go through length to make others believe the bif power of the, in reality, insignificant expat community.

18 hours ago, WeekendRaider said:

but in today's world 2.7 percent GDP growth is not bad at all

Figures can mean anything.... 

2.7% GDP growth of a healthy economy can be good..

but on the flip-side what's 2.7% of sod-all?..... 

My bank account is about to go up $100, my mate's account is going down $100....I won the bet...lol

Hell,  this was written on the wall months ago. For the rest of this month into next month, big changes are coming. Hang on tight....My weegee board is running hot and straight....:cheesy:

20 hours ago, WeekendRaider said:

strange.  in the past we would use the word "slash" when the result was a large reduction.  but in today's world 2.7 percent GDP growth is not bad at all, even almost compared to China in it's "trade/5G war".  not bad at all!

It may be ok in a mature Western economy but It’s not good for a developing (Tiger) economy. Look at the recent growth of Thailand’s neighbours,like Vietnam and Thailand is almost bottom in the region. China would be in serious trouble if its growth fell to less than 4.5%. More worrying is the long term trend signalled by poor educational performance (see article about Thailand’s critical thinking being the world’s worst) and unstable political situation. It’s not encouraging 

I keep seeing sarcastic comments about a submarine, as if it serves no purpose. How else are our dear government leaders to escape when it all goes ta-tas up and the borders have been closed? But that's selfish thinking, to have a weak baht. Good luck to 'em and riches for all. 

Archived