Non-O (retirement) visa extension & multiple re-entry permit at Samut Prakan - Report

We did a TM30, Non-O (retirement) visa extension & multiple-entry re-entry permit at the Samut Prakan immigration office. Here was the whole procedure:

The day before, I got the guarantee letter for my bank balance from my Kasikornbank branch. I showed them a copy of last year's letter but anyway they seemed to have a template for this letter on their system. I was slightly concerned that I would need to get one dated the same day as the application, but turns out that one dated the day before was acceptable.

Then first thing in the morning I withdrew some money at an ATM and updated my bank book in the machine so it showed the balance from the same day.

Arrived at the Samut Prakan immigration office at 8:15. It's only a couple of minutes' walk from Pak Nam BTS station. There were about 10 people queuing in front of us. By the time they opened at 8:30 there were another 20 people behind us, so it's worth arriving early.

After a 20 minute wait my girlfriend submitted a TM.30 to register my arrival as guest living at her condo. Most extenders wouldn't need to do that on the same day as applying for their extension, but a TM.30 needs to be "on file" with the address matching the address on the TM.7. We got that done by 9am then got a new waiting ticket.

Then back outside to the now-open copy shop (a white mobile shed) to get a copy of the TM.30 receipt and my bank book balance page.

These were the documents accepted for the visa extension (all passport copies signed in blue ink):

• TM.7 completed. I had printed the PDF double-sided on one page and filled it by hand in advance.

• 1 x passport photo glued to the form

• Passport (>18 months remaining)

• Copy of passport photo page

• Copy of passport original visa page

• Copy of previous extensions/re-entry permit pages

• Departure card TM.6

• Copy of departure card TM.6

• Bank book

• Old bank book because the new one started very recently

• Copy of bank book front page

• Copy of bank books' transaction/balance pages (last 6 months)

• Guarantee letter for bank balance

• TM.30 receipt

• Copy of TM.30 receipt

• 1900 Baht

• NO map required

• NO rental agreement required (as I'm staying as a guest)

That was done by about 10am. They then photographed me and sent me to go and buy a copy of the 1900 Baht receipt they had just given me, so I could give it to them ????

I then got another waiting ticket for the multiple re-entry permit. These were the documents they accepted for that (all passport copies signed in blue ink):

• TM.8 completed. I had printed the PDF double-sided on one page and filled it by hand in advance.

• 1 x passport photo glued to the form

• Passport

• Copy of passport photo page

• Copy of passport original visa page

• Copy of previous extensions/re-entry permit pages

• Copy of new visa extension stamp page

• Departure card TM.6

• Copy of departure card TM.6

• 3800 Baht

Finally they photographed me again.

All done and away at 10:30am. Much faster than doing it all at Chaengwattana the last few years.

By the way, we did ask if future TM.30 submissions would be required if I went to other provinces, but they said no, only if I fly back from overseas. App or website submissions fine.

Edited by thaitanic
Add about TM.30 at the end
  • Like 1

You mention the bank gave you a "Copy of bank books' transaction/balance pages (last 6 months)"

Only 6 months ? Would they not give you the full year ? I believe the full year takes a few days whereas 6 months can be done on the spot. Was that your experience ?

Thanks

22 minutes ago, bobonzo said:

I plan on doing the 65K/month deal so that's why I asked

How long it takes to a one year statement depends upon the bank you use.

It takes a week at Bangkok Bank. I got one well in advance of the day I applied for my extension in August. The day before I applied I got a one month statement showing my most recent transfer (not shown on the one year statement) and a standard bank letter.

• Like 1

Thanks for the detailed information to get the  Non-O ( retirement )visa. 
I got my one year extension at the Korat Immigration Office , last month. 
This is my 9th year of extension with multiple entry visa. Very friendly staff at the Immigration office in Korat. 
I submitted the Affidavit for my Pension Income . We did not submit the TM 30  form .
The lady officer told us that at the time to report for the 90-Day , we should present TM 30 form. 
I never had to inform if I go away for a short trip overseas. Now it is not clear for me .  Do I have to inform the immigration? . Please confirm this for me.