Consumer confidence continues decline

webfact

Consumer confidence continues decline

By The Nation

800_d9df9a5d6e946ac.jpg?v=1570688783

Thanawat Polvichai, the director of the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce’s Centre for Economic and Business Forecasting

The Consumer Confidence Index fell again in September for the seventh consecutive month despite the introduction of economic stimulus measures, the director of the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce’s Centre for Economic and Business Forecasting said on Thursday (October 10).

Thanawat Polvichai said the index dropped to 72.2, its lowest point in 39 months. It stood at 73.5 in July 2016.

The assessment indicates that consumers believe the global economy has yet to recover, Thanawat said.

He attributed the lack of confidence to uncertainties over global trade, Brexit, Thai politics and low prices commanded by Thai farm products.

Tags:

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30377274

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-10

3 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Indeed; the chosen few billionaires just love ripping off their own countrymen, but the locals are just starting to wake up and realise how they are taken for mugs.   Many of our Neighbours are now avoiding the Supermarkets as much as possible and using local shops and markets as much as they can.

lol you are delusional ... they are dumb as ever, they think the stuff is expensive because it's from faaaaaaaar away

but you can travel on the other part of the planet and buy it for 50% less

• Haha 1

He attributed the lack of confidence to uncertainties over global trade, Brexit, Thai politics and low prices commanded by Thai farm products.

99.9 & of Thai citizens do not even know what Brexit stands for, nor would they know where it takes place and why. 

How's there a lack of confidence to "uncertainties over global trade"if the majority of Thai don't have a clue what global trade means?

Where are these low prices commanded by Thai farm products? 

One of these 100 % statements that do not make sense. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

The assessment indicates that consumers believe the global economy has yet to recover, Thanawat said

I had an economics student ask me about the world economy a few years ago. I told her that the question was too expansive. Also, I only take as much interest in it then I need to. It isn't something I look into too much. She told me she didn't know either.

Anyway, if an economics student, who should have a basic grasp of the global economy, doesn't know, how would your average consumer? I mean she asked me the question premised on me not being from Thailand; ergo, I should know all about life in the outside world. 

• Haha 1

The only thing going well in Thailand are the government ministers who are paid very well and the large army with 1300 Generals buying new equpiment. Thailand has an army of 350,000 men They prob could get away with having an army of 100,000 plus army reserve

• Like 2

18 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Yeah, right! Thai consumers worrying about Brexit... Most Thais could not even locate Britain on a world map if you gave them 3 minutes to find it.

Also, most Thais aren't farmers these days, so why should they worry about "low prices commanded by Thai farm products"?

I have my doubts if they could even find Thailand on a world map considering there is nothing else in the world except for Thailand to these people.

2 hours ago, ubon farang said:

The only thing going well in Thailand are the government ministers who are paid very well and the large army with 1300 Generals buying new equpiment. Thailand has an army of 350,000 men They prob could get away with having an army of 100,000 plus army reserve

IMO, you can't make a soldier to the Minister of Education, or similar and expect a better educational system. 

That's exactly what Pinochio wants not even understanding the complexity of his decisions.

And the ordinary folks are suffering more and more that the government even provided a hotline for people who want to commit suicide.

Isn't that proof enough of the failed government? 

24 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

I have my doubts if they could even find Thailand on a world map considering there is nothing else in the world except for Thailand to these people.

There are some neighboring countries they look down at and the rich people usually have some of them employed for their snobby kids, to do the household and other work. 

I faIl to understand what makes them to a better race.