Elon Musk Brands Himself An ‘Idiot’ In Thai Cave Rescue Defamation Lawsuit

webfact

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Musk was "piggy backing" on what could have been a complete tragedy except for the brave souls that carried out the rescue and lets not forget one Thai man gave up his life in trying to help.

Fortunately the men that did oversee the rescue knew from their vast experience what they were doing. Musk didn't.

17 hours ago, JamJar said:

What is it that irks you about him being branded as a diver? 

Which descriptor would you like?

He is a caver, not a diver - not too difficult to see or understand the difference, well - not for most people. 

18 hours ago, JamJar said:

I was just thinking the same about your post...

What makes you think that Vernon's comment was unwarranted? Do you have some insider knowledge?

Musk himself repeated his scurrilous claim and did his utmost to try to prove it, despite having no evidence.

Sorry, but your post has no substance to it at all.

I actually posted about his quote of calling himself an idiot on Tuesday; https://news.sky.com/story/elon-musk-is-a-thin-skinned-bully-says-thai-cave-rescuer-11830547

Is his comment about himself, unwarranted?

Don't try to equate their actions.

Would you call me a child abuser because I disagree with your post?

To call any man worth his salt a "paedo" is a a gross and bad insult -however all you Musk Lovers try to  spin it.

13 hours ago, JamJar said:

To be fair, he is probably afraid of the punitive damage and legal costs. But it serves him right. He just went too far.

I note that whilst PJPom indicated with an emoticon that they didn't like my post, they totally avoided answering my question.

The question was "Would you call me a child abuser because I disagree with your post?"

Clearly the answer was no, since they offered no reply at all(other than an emoticon).

Musk had exactly the same options as you do.

He chose the lowest path. Slung the vilest mud and took a gamble that there might be skeletons in Vernon's cupboard. Really nasty.

He took a gamble and lost. It is only right that he should pay.

It's not Vernon who took the gamble. Vernon only suggested that Musk's idea was sh*t shot. Some might think an entirely valid opinion.

No different from the minor differences of opinion that we have here every day. 

Stop defending his behaviour. It is quite reprehensible.

I have my open water license and agree that musks idea wouldnt have worked but the way vernon responded was way ouy of line too. To claim that elon had no care at all for the kids is a horrible thing to say when as far as we can prove elon was honestly trying to help. Lets face facts he is good about electric cars and things like that and space travel. But he may very well have 0 expierence in caving and scuba diving and legitamtly didnt have the expierence to know that his idea couldnt work. If anything needed to be said best to wait till after the rescue then say it and explain with practical reasons vs an attacking hateful type reply. Vernon made an attackative comment and based on his situation at the time set himself up for a pedo comment reply. Neithet was right but it is what it is. If this was not young boys a pedo comment never would have been made im sure. Both attacked a sensitive area for the other.  Both in my opinion are acting like children with musk showing the only maturity in this with his admitting his pedo comment was out of line. Not once did vermon ever say he was out of line for calling musks attempt to help a PR stunt with no care or concern at all. Both should have just had a private tslk after it was all over said their appologies to each other and let it be. Vernon is known as a hero people are not going to look at him as a pedo. And those who do are childish and very well could do so regardless of musks comment or not and he just needs to be a man and ignore those children. Im not going to say its about money as myself for such a comment i feel that on a defemation side 50-100k is fair with no other damanges caused. Even if no one sees him as a pedo still the emotiomal mental and so on affects it caused him needs to be compensated as the emotional and mental affect of fear and worry of how people will look at him can be very server. 

19 hours ago, londonthai said:

I don't think any thai billionaire would have admit to any mistake

Not sure any Thai billionaire would publicly label someone "pedo guy."

You've certainly stretched the " farang good, Thai bad" mantra to ridiculous lengths.

19 hours ago, Myran said:

Never understood the cult following of this guy or why people are branding him a genius. All of "his" ideas were invented years ago, including electric cars, rockets that can land and trains running in vacuum tubes (something invented decades ago, and which he hilariously enough said he wanted to file a patent for in an interview).

And no, he didn't successfully popularize electric cars, or his company wouldn't be hemorrhaging money every year at the expense of tax-payers' money.

Tesla is by far the finest electric car ever invented. So he deserves alot of credit for that. Name a better electric car. The Prius was first. But it is a hybrid and not nearly as nice a car. 

The tax credits were a federally funded program that made alot of sense. It is now finished. Still in place for some other electric cars, but not the Tesla. 

As a taxpayer I would rather have my taxes used to subsidize electric cars than buy missiles used to kill Yemeni mothers and children. 

19 hours ago, Myran said:

Never understood the cult following of this guy or why people are branding him a genius. All of "his" ideas were invented years ago, including electric cars, rockets that can land and trains running in vacuum tubes (something invented decades ago, and which he hilariously enough said he wanted to file a patent for in an interview).

And no, he didn't successfully popularize electric cars, or his company wouldn't be hemorrhaging money every year at the expense of tax-payers' money.

So tell us about your skills. Never heared anything about you!

25 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Not sure any Thai billionaire would publicly label someone "pedo guy."

You've certainly stretched the " farang good, Thai bad" mantra to ridiculous lengths.

Good point. What Musk said was inane. He is beyond an ultra sensitive moron. He reminds me of another prominent and wealthy American. Very thin skinned little boys. If you cannot handle criticism do not seek the limelight. If you are in the limelight, no point in lashing out at every perceived critic. Very unmanly, and lacking in dignity, grace, heart and soul. Just another out of touch rich brat. 

19 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

He's a brilliant man but we all make mistakes. His words were poorly chosen and it is going to cost him something. Fortunately he's loaded so this is all going to go away soon. Probably the best thing to ever happen to Vern. Assuming he has a nice payday coming up.

I think he is a brilliant man but perhaps a bit of PT Barnum.  I think eventually his Tesla auto will go the way of the Desoto and Studebaker.  They were a novelty when they were the only credible option on the market.  Now with the big boys, Toyota, Honda, GM, Ford, BMW etc. in the market they will will their distribution and service network plus efficiency in manufacturing put his car company in the history books. He made his billions from Tesla selling the public the car company had a future. 

32 minutes ago, brian2f2f said:

Both in my opinion are acting like children with musk showing the only maturity in this with his admitting his pedo comment was out of line.

Yeah, sure. It  only took him two years and a court to grow up.

This is story of two mistakes. But one of the mistakes went outside the bounds of law. Elon is going to pay so the law is served.

It doesn't always work out like that. If Vern would have made disparaging comments about a Thai billionaire on such an auspicious day, he would have seen his life dumped upside down in rather short order.

You don't spit in someone's face if you don't want to get punched in the mouth.

"Musk claimed that the emails were off the record and that he merely intended to trigger a press investigation into Unsworth. “I didn’t expect Buzzfeed to publish an off-the-record email... "

Really? For someone who is supposed to be 'PR-savvy', he should know there is NO SUCH THING as 'off-the-record'. EVERYTHING is ON-the-record. The ONLY way out is to shut up. That's PR-101 for you, Mr. Musk.

He is being trying to look humble now as he is trying to manipulate the court by making himself look a arrogant fool in order that the penalty and fine will be at the lowest possible.

He is not being sincere at all but showing again how many faces he has when he wants to avoid paying large damages!!   

18 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Well Vern took the feel good story of the year and used his spotlight moment to <deleted> all over Elon's spirited and expensive efforts to help out. No one else felt like being a dick that day. But if you are going to play that game with a billionaire, you are going to see some next level response. Vern was foolish, but he got a payday anyhow. Could have been real expensive for him

Well, who looks foolish now that Musk, by his own submission, has admitted to lying about Vern? Then publicizing that lie to the disgusting Brit tabs with the intent to ruin Vern. Obviously not to you, but pretty much with everyone else of half decent character.

20 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

He only admits it to get a lesser sentence.

AFAIK it's a civil lawsuit, not a criminal one. He won't be going to jail, it's more a question of how much he will have to shell out for being an idiot.

10 minutes ago, pegman said:

Well, who looks foolish now that Musk, by his own submission, has admitted to lying about Vern? Then publicizing that lie to the disgusting Brit tabs with the intent to ruin Vern. Obviously not to you, but pretty much with everyone else of half decent character.

I never defended anything Musk did. Musk handled this terribly. But I know what <deleted> him off.

21 hours ago, Myran said:

Never understood the cultl following of this guy or why people are branding him a genius. All of "his" ideas were invented years ago, including electric cars, rockets that can land and trains running in vacuum tubes (something invented decades ago, and which he hilariously enough said he wanted to file a patent for in an interview).

Can you let us have the references for all this stuff that was "invented" years ago.

To get a patent you have to do more than simply have an idea. Maybe you are confusing science fiction with the real world.

3 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

I've always thought of Musk as something of a "carpet bagger" or "Slick Willie".  He hasn't really invented anything of substance but has "the gift of the gab" and has managed to extract large amounts of taxpayer $$'s from government.  It doesn't effect me so I have never made an issue of it.   On the other hand if he had of called me a pedophile I would be snapping at his heals like a rabid dog!  He needs to pay, and pay big.

There those who talk and those who do.

Musk has being able to disrupt and Change the Automotive industry.with Tesla. 

Resurrect US's space program withs SpaceX

Start a program for going to  Mars

Starlink has launched the first 300 satellite in a program to provide fast speed internet connection to everyone anywhere in the world. A game changer!!

IMO not bad for a "slick willy"   So he got piised off , said something inappropriate, 

Let him amongst as who has never done, throw the first stone. 

He has wronged and will pay!! Mostly with change found under the cushions of his couch LOL.

Archived