"OMG! Snake! Snake!" Big farang "Mister John" flees upstairs as King Cobra pays a visit!

rooster59

"OMG! Snake! Snake!" Big farang "Mister John" flees upstairs as King Cobra pays a visit!

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTU4NC83OTIwMjM4L2xvdHRvLmpwZw==.jpg

Image: Sanook

Sanook enjoyed themselves in a story about a king cobra that entered a three story house where a foreigner called Mister John is living with his Thai wife.

The wife told reporters that the one meter long snake surprised her husband who ran upstairs shouting "Oh My God! Snake! Snake!"

The media noted that John is a big chap of the "farang race" - in other words a caucasian.

Mae Sot, Tak, police in Thailand's north west called in the local snake catchers who found the snake coiled up behind a plastic storage bin. 

They soon had the miscreant in custody prompting Big John to face his fears and come out of hiding from upstairs.

The snake was returned to nature well away from people.

Now everyone is buying up lottery tickets based on the number of the dwelling - 9/184 might make you rich!

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-12

I came across one in the garage this morning, I suspected it was dead but wasn't taking any chances. The b-i-l gave it a prod with a long stick and was quickly able to confirm my suspicions that it was already deceased. I'd much rather assume one's alive and look a tit than assume one's dead and pay the price.

1 hour ago, moe666 said:

kind of a small king cobra only 1 meter, those big boys usually 3 or 4 meters

In some species of venomous snake immature specimens are more deadly than adults, because they inject more copious amounts of venom when they bite.  Don't know if it's true of cobras, but it is apparently true of the fer-de-lance of Central America.

1 minute ago, cmarshall said:

In some species of venomous snake immature specimens are more deadly than adults, because they inject more copious amounts of venom when they bite.  Don't know if it's true of cobras, but it is apparently true of the fer-de-lance of Central America.

It is true for king cobras.

Thais love a good laugh at foreigners with things like this. I sometimes take my friends prawn fishing and everyone is in stitches as my friends panic when it flinches or grabs them with its pincers. I don't mind as it's all part of the fun but they look upset when I casually sort it out. 

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Venemous snakes...damn any snakes....are to be handled by Thai people, not me. Bye. Let me know when its gone.

Scaredy cat. I used to hunt them in bare feet when I was a kid. Copperheads and tiger snakes.

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Scaredy cat. I used to hunt them in bare feet when I was a kid. Copperheads and tiger snakes.

It's not fear, it's the ability to discern when someone else should do the job. 

And as to your childish gambits, we all know about the lack of perception of danger in the unformed brain. Plus obviously, someone had to harvest food for the clan, yes? 

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You're a braver man than I am then. I caught a 'glancing' bite from an adder, in Devon (UK), a few years ago. Severe swelling and a nasty cramp of my calf for three days, ans a week or so of discomfort After that, if my dog wouldn't fetch her ball I would leave it.....she must have known the snake was there.
So, put me down for snakes (any), sharks ( I have a daughter in Queensland) and heights. Other stuff that I haven't come across I don't know yet but I reckon the list would grow.....crocodiles, Aussie spiders, etc. 

The size doesn't make a blind bit of difference. All Venomous snakes are capable of delivering a venomous bite, fresh from the egg. Some of the deadliest snakes (Saw-scaled viper, Russell's viper) tend to be on the tiddly side too. 

I'm disappointed in TV that no one has mentioned the '''One eyed....' yet....

I know its Saturday, but come on chaps.....buck up...

37 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

It's not fear, it's the ability to discern when someone else should do the job. 

And as to your childish gambits, we all know about the lack of perception of danger in the unformed brain. Plus obviously, someone had to harvest food for the clan, yes? 

A low blow with the unformed brain. I forgive you because i know you can't help yourself. FYI , I have eaten snake in Thailand. Tastes like chicken, only sweeter.

Personally, my phobia is sharks. Given your origins, other phobias may be leopard seals or orcas. You probably don't worry about polar bears due to the family ties. Decayed walrus flesh might be construed as cannibalism.

The unusually cool weather of late rendered a snake unable to slither away quickly enough as I walked my dogs on a familiar jungle path a fortnight ago. I missed it (bronze, 12", believed to be non venomous now that i've had the chance to look it up) by all of 4" ????

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The wife told reporters that the one meter long snake surprised her husband who ran upstairs shouting "Oh My God! Snake! Snake!"

keeping a healthy distance and your eye on where it is, is better than fleeing upstairs.

I'd rather know where it is.

Archived