The carnage continues: 554 dead this month, year to date 11,462

webfact

11 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Why do you hate men? I'm a good driver, but my wife isn't.

I not hate men. Men are “better” drivers, always win F1.

but study show woman are safer driver. Sure

11 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

It's a worldwide phenomenal that men are better in technique and driving, 

That seems to go back to a time long ago ( thousands of years) when we had to protect you and do all the practical things while you "only" had to give birth to our babies and prepare some food for us. Innit?

Calm down. 

I just look the research.

https://www.confused.com/on-the-road/cost-of-motoring/women-really-are-safer-drivers

your country. Every country the same.

And what I see myself. I not blind person. Most the time the crazy driver I see are men. I want to shoot them.

Your son friends 13 people die two week ago. I never see the woman drive like that guy. 

Thankyou you do all the practical thing wonderful man while the woman just take care you and make you delicious food. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, marqus12 said:

From the numbers you gave, it appears that Thailand
has more that twice the road mortality per capita than the world average

My congratulations

And male 70% of the mortality in the world.

My congratulations.

7 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Every country is not the same, driver education and law enforcement are the difference!

Please show me which country more woman than man die.

Just now, Yinn said:

Please show me which country more woman than man die.

A new study suggests that women, in fact, may be more dangerous behind the wheel than men. Researchers at the University of Michigan analyzed 6.5 million car crashes in the U.S. between 1998 and 2007. Female drivers were found to be involved in 68.1 percent of all crashes, according to The Daily Mail.

https://www.syracuse.com/news/2011/07/women_worse_drivers_more_crashes_than_men_less_driving.html

26 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Most the time the crazy driver I see are men. I want to shoot them.

I agree with this, however, most of the accidents i've avoided were women entering the main road from a small soi without looking for oncoming traffic.

7 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

A new study suggests that women, in fact, may be more dangerous behind the wheel than men. Researchers at the University of Michigan analyzed 6.5 million car crashes in the U.S. between 1998 and 2007. Female drivers were found to be involved in 68.1 percent of all crashes, according to The Daily Mail.

https://www.syracuse.com/news/2011/07/women_worse_drivers_more_crashes_than_men_less_driving.html

There's a reason why soccer moms opt to buy a small van rather than a large sedan.

There's also a reason why there are more soccer moms on the road than soccer dads too.

"In 2018, there were 75,978,000 women aged 16 and over in the labor force, representing 46.9% of the total labor force. 57.1% of women participate in the labor force, compared to 69.1% of men."

https://www.catalyst.org/research/women-in-the-workforce-united-states/

Since these workers are in the office, shop, factory or wherever their 9-to-5 takes them, it's highly likely that there will be more women on the road than men for the greater part of the working day (only the relatively rare house-husbands do the family shopping). It's not that they're more dangerous, there's just more of them running into things or being run into.

But I won't detract from the ritual, testosterone-fueled, mythical machismo that men are better drivers.

19 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Charlie link say USA woman drivers worse than man. Ok Charlie find the country have woman drive kill more than man. Yinn wrong.

I think USA woman drunk and drug more than Thai woman and other country. Maybe that. IMO

Maybe watch Natty in Fast Furious to much. Try to copy.

But Charlie link also say....

A 2004 study found almost the complete opposite, however. According to The Guardian, Scottish researchers said 94 percent of accidents causing death or bodily harm involved male drivers.

Speeding drivers were found to be twice as likely to get in a car crash, and men were found then to engage in more reckless driving than women.

Anyway. I want self driving computer car come quickly. More safe for everyone. Human, man and woman make mistake to much.

14 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

I agree with this, however, most of the accidents i've avoided were women entering the main road from a small soi without looking for oncoming traffic.

If you can accurately tell the gender of any miscreant car or bike driver as you are busily braking or swerving to avoid them, you've missed your vocation.

Considering most car windows here are tinted and a lot of the more savvy bikers have tinted-visors or full-face helmets, the most unrealistic stretch of the imagination post of the day award goes to...

19 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

I hate it like that. 

Charlie link say this problem because the woman to short.

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

Speeding drivers were found to be twice as likely to get in a car crash, and men were found then to engage in more reckless driving than women.

I know I certainly push the envelope when driving compered to when Mrs NL's is behind the wheel.

I'll let you know how it goes after the gender reasignment.

9 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

If you can accurately tell the gender of any miscreant car or bike driver as you are busily braking or swerving to avoid them, you've missed your vocation.

Considering most car windows here are tinted and a lot of the more savvy bikers have tinted-visors or full-face helmets, the most unrealistic stretch of the imagination post of the day award goes to...

Obviously I'm talking about bike drivers.

16 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Have you ever read the truth about anything? 

yep, 

the elections were fair and just

The number of tourists is on the increase

Thailand is the centre of the world

My dead friends gave me the watches

The PM will reduce corruption

I'm sure there are a few more out there that can be added.

One big issue for me is the design of roads. If acknowledging driver behavior or policing as problems then minimising the risk would work better. Eg. A 3way T-intersection near my place had regular serious accidents. People turning right from the main road or u-turn colliding with upcoming traffic and cars turning right from the side street. So they closed off the right turn into side street.
Coming off a u-turn bridge in the right lane needing to cross three lanes to make a left turn into Tesco. 20m away. They should not design roads that make it physically possible to need to make a drastic move like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

4 hours ago, sir charles IV said:

Coming off a u-turn bridge in the right lane needing to cross three lanes to make a left turn into Tesco. 20m away. They should not design roads that make it physically possible to need to make a drastic move like this.

There used to be a similar u-turn on Sukhumvit, south of Pattaya, about 275 meters south of Makro and heavily used. It was quite dangerous as you had u-turning traffic in both directions on what is a 3-lane (each-way), very fast dual carriageway. They closed it causing great inconvenience as that meant 2 km between traffic light controlled u-turns. After months of complaint and debate, they inserted 2 new, much narrower u-turns, allowing only u-turning in a single direction (one for north-south traffic, the other for the contra-flow) separated by about 25 meters. Unfortunately, this safety brain fart resulted in the u-turn nearest Makro being only about 50 meters from the Makro entrance making that u-turn much more dangerous.

old.jpg.b88e1f9580ba8fcec794c3a0c00cd46f.jpgnew.jpg.8cf69d8f07b04910017c27023a2dce4e.jpg

We all know that Thai have bad driving skills. They can't even park! 

A Female Thai freind.. An older 50 something showed up at my house.. I motioned her to park in under the metal awning.. A nice shady spot... She only had about a foot clearance either side of her car. Metal poles held up the structure... She never hesitated... Didn't slow down too much and swiped the front bumper into the metal post!! 

The really incredible bit... She wasn't even aware she had hit the post! I showed her her damaged car! 5555.  Idiots at the wheel. 

On 10/15/2019 at 1:15 PM, seajae said:

they simply refuse to recognize that if the made the police enforce the current road rules this figure would drop, they also need to purchase cars instead if pick ups(bet someone is making a fortune in kick backs on that one) so that they can patrol the roads instead of sitting in the offices. Road bikes would also be a good idea but again this would be too much to expect from any thai govt or the police force. Much easier to make up committees to think up BS ideas & write/complain about the many deaths than to actually do what is needed

If they patrol the roads , the bell ringer (who rings the bell every hour to wake them up) will be out of a job

Archived