New hotel

kevin612

"Holiday Inn Express" on Soi Buakhao.

Booking.com says open since April 23, 2019.

I doubt it, but it was open in late July when I passed by.

Kind of upscale for this neighborhood :biggrin:

Don't mix up with the regular Holiday Inn.

Just seen that it is on the list in post above.

23 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

"Holiday Inn Express" on Soi Buakhao.

Booking.com says open since April 23, 2019.

I doubt it, but it was open in late July when I passed by.

Kind of upscale for this neighborhood :biggrin:

Don't mix up with the regular Holiday Inn.

Just seen that it is on the list in post above.

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

A quick google of "new hotels in Pattaya" shows this site.  New, 2017-2019

https://www.travel-penang-malaysia.com/new-hotels-in-pattaya.html

Holiday Inn Express is opened as far as I can tell.  Looks decent from the outside.  It's right on Buakao so might be a little noisy if facing the street.

I have walked around Navana nature resort.  Really nice place surrounded by gardens and greenery.  I'm sure it's not cheap.  Out of the way if you're not driving but lots of baht busses going by to Pattaya. The beach and view of Laem Chabang port is not so great but everything else about that place looks nice.

23 minutes ago, johng said:

Do they prohibit drinking of booze in the hotel ( restaurants included ?? ) or just don't have a mini bar in the rooms ?

As far as I know they don't sell alcohol, which would include minibars. I don't know if it is OK to take your own into your room. There are plenty of nearby boozing options, Drinking Street for one.

There was a short lived thread on here about it being dry, about 10 or 11 months ago.

Update: Just checked the hotel website and it states that the hotel does not sell alcohol but patrons can bring their own and there is no corkage charge.

The Stay midway down Soi 10.

The Whisper between Buakhao and Buakhao 15.

Access Inn on Sai Sahm near Lengkee.

All reasonably new and clean. I have found that the better quality of the finishing, the hotel's "newness" lasts longer. If they have good housekeeping and maintenance, even better. The worst must be the LK chain with their chintzy, faux French chateau embellishments that are worn out and grubby within a few months of opening. Their slack housekeeping and poor maintenance doesn't help much either.

Archived