Bank safety deposit boxes safe?

Anyone have any experience using a bank safety deposit box in LOS? I'm a little hesitant using one considering the low pay scale of bank employees. If I was getting paid what they do I might get sticky finger too. Paranoid or justified caution?

Noticing 54 views it looks like a few people might appreciate the fact that disregarding the safety issue banks, well at least Bangkok Bank, require a savings account opened and a B100,000 balance maintained before one can even rent a box. I found two private services on Silom Rd. which don't require a minimum, one is Securor though again whether there's a safety issue here is still up in the air.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone have any experience using a bank safety deposit box in LOS? I'm a little hesitant using one considering the low pay scale of bank employees. If I was getting paid what they do I might get sticky finger too. Paranoid or justified caution?

You can find a bank away from the city center silom/sukhumvit/pratunam since most banks will tell you that they ain't got any. Yes, you need one if you're doing business here. I used the services of the Bangkok Bank, Bangkapi branch, never had any problems. Now I rent a box at the Thai Farmers bank. Can;t see how a corrupt employee can open the box since the key you're keeping is required to open the box. your key and his key: then bingo... the box opens. Ain't that wonderful?

• 11 months later...

hi,

Bangkok bank, they just asked me to have a bank account.

you must pay 2500 bht as a guarantee (you get back when you give back the keys), and 432 baht for 1 year renting of the safety box.

what's the price and conditions in the others banks?

thanks.