Trump to host G7 summit at his Florida golf resort, sparking criticism

webfact

1 hour ago, zydeco said:

It just doesn't stop. Every day, every week, for year after year, now. Lowlife president surrounded by lowlife family, advisers, staff, and appointees.

And then cries at his fan rallies "they're always accusing me of something!  This time it's..."

1 hour ago, webfact said:

In a statement, House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler called the announcement "among the most brazen examples yet of the President's corruption." Nadler said the committee would continue investigating "regarding these matters".

And yet again, the great question "and what are YOU gonna do about it?" 

You Republicans should count your blessings, the strongest thing you guys having going for you is your adversaries are the Democrats.  I am not feeling optimistic about who will occupy the Oval Office on January 21, 2021.

Back in 2012 I saw Bernie being interviewed, he was asked about who in Congress takes influence money.  "All the Republicans do. All." he said.  When asked about the Dems he said "some."  How many?  "About 40%." 

I've thought about this now and then, I figure the GOP is paid to do the things they want done, and the Dems (I would suspect the leadership is in the 40%) are paid to not get in their way.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

She is next in the presidential succession order...

She'll name HRC as VP, then resign. Boom.

6 minutes ago, Becker said:

You would have to ask yourself what's going through the mind of a president

Fight or flight.

Gotta be tough for an NPD to be bared for the fraud which he is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Becker said:

I don't think there's an actual strategy at work here. He just seems to have completely lost it and, as I said, the grown-ups have all fled in horror so there's no one to correct this mental child.

Probably not a conscious one but he does have a kind of natural talent for horribleness. He's kind of on automatic. Remember the debate -- HRC calling him a puppet of Putin. Then he says -- you're the puppet. He's being impeached and now he wants to impeach the people impeaching him but the trouble with that is that they aren't in impeachable offices. So these responses are ingrained in him by now. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well to his base what looks horrible to the majority of the country looks wonderful to them. They often speak of him in terms of worship. 

would you give the keys of your house to an arsonist firefighter? They would. 

Edited by Opl
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I wonder if Nancy Pelosi will keep that venue after Trump and Pence had to leave the White house.

She is next in the presidential succession order...

https://www.newsweek.com/presidential-line-succession-nancy-pelosi-1278768

I think this is academic.

Pence may be worthy of impeachment and removal but that's just not going to happen.

The senate is in control of the removal part and I doubt the house will even bother to impeach him.

The dirty little secret that isn't a secret is that the majority of republican senators would prefer Pence as president to 45 anyway!

At this point it's too politically damaging to them to vote to remove 45, but that might change, and getting Pence as a replacement actually increases the chances for 45's removal. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I think this is academic.

Pence may be worthy of impeachment and removal but that's just not going to happen.

The senate is in control of the removal part and I doubt the house will even bother to impeach him.

The dirty little secret that isn't a secret is that the majority of republican senators would prefer Pence as president to 45 anyway!

At this point it's too politically damaging to them to vote to remove 45, but that might change, and getting Pence as a replacement actually increases the chances for 45's removal. 

I think you’re right. Also, for Pelosi to become president based on line of succession, Trump and Pence would need to be removed from office virtually simultaneously, as “President Pence” would immediately name his own VP, who would themself then be next in line over the Speaker.

“President Pence.” Rolls right off the tongue, doesn’t it. If it somehow happens, I feel he’ll be a completely impotent lame duck, unable to even get his own staff’s shoelaces tied, for a period of months only before the next general election.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

He'll probably have Ivanka there, checking them in and taking deposits."

Wearing a provocative bathing suit from her business collection...taking orders from the ladies in attendance...

It's a business...1st and foremost.

????

Trump's Business 1st and foremost

"Trump frequently visits his properties — primarily in Florida, New Jersey and Virginia — and has traveled to them more than 300 times since he was sworn into office, according to a compilation of information released by the White House."

Trump has repeatedly denied that he is using the presidency to promote his resorts.

Edited by Opl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Puchaiyank said:

He'll probably have Ivanka there, checking them in and taking deposits."

Wearing a provocative bathing suit from her business collection...taking orders from the ladies in attendance...

It's a business...1st and foremost.

????

"Wearing a provocative bathing suit from her business collection..."

Well, that is sure to make her father all hot and bothered.

"It's a business...1st and foremost."

It's a presidency first and foremost. However, he (like you) completely fails to realize what is obvious even to a slow ten year old. .

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, quandow said:

It's coming to light that Trump is in the hole to the tune of ~$125,000,000.00 in loans on this property, and it's in the red for about 69% over the last 3 years due to the Trump brand becoming undesirable.

Undesirable? I think we can use a stronger word than that.

Link: Trump brand 'has become toxic' for some people, Forbes editor says

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JAG said:

He really is " the gift that gives on giving" isn't he?

Yes and just when you think he can't possibly say or do anything lower and/or more outrageous he proves us wrong. I do think of lot of his appeal for his fans is the sick entertainment value of watching that.

Edited by Jingthing