Pattaya: Police chief dies from suspected heart attack on way to meeting in Bangkok

rooster59

Pattaya: Police chief dies from suspected heart attack on way to meeting in Bangkok

pat.JPG

Image: Daily News

Pattaya's acting station chief Pol Col Atinan Nutchanat has died aged 59 just one year ahead of retirement from the force. 

Pol Col Atinan was on his way to a meeting in Bangkok when he began experiencing chest pains and passed out.

His driver took him to Muang Chonburi hospital where doctors managed to revive him with CPR but shortly thereafter his heart stopped again and he was pronounced dead at 1.49 pm. 

Doctors told INN it looks as though he suffered a heart attack. 

Atinan was originally from Lopburi and was a graduate of the police school Class of 36.

Before taking up the acting head of the Pattaya police on September 2nd of this year he was the police chief at the Muang Chonburi station. 

He would have retired at the age of 60.

Sources: INN and Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-19

16 minutes ago, HLover said:

Not usually.

That's what I thought....this is the last person I would expect to have a heart attack.

But it's getting more and more common. Healthy males keeling over after a workout

and even a run.

Condolences... that's too soon to go.

16 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Sad, when so close to retirement and the life he worked all the years for.

I'm 55 now and consider myself retired from the age of 50 - with early pension release and property in the UK, I feel pretty ok financially (silly Thai extensions changes not withstanding). I worked hard, bought my house, saved and only spent money on fast women when I could spare it !!

Point is , when you start to see your school friends dying off and all your family pretty much gone, if you do not retire early, you will have little time to enjoy it when you do and I doubt I could win a game of Battleships or twister against death like Bill and Ted.

1 hour ago, justin case said:

lol

a heart attack is caused by lack of blood to the heart

if it happens in the head, it is called a stroke

'Obesity. Obesity is associated with high blood cholesterol levels, high triglyceride levels, high blood pressure and diabetes. Losing just 10 percent of your body weight can lower this risk, however.' 

This was listed as fourth biggest factor in Heart attack risk after such things as age/smoking.

On 10/21/2019 at 6:52 AM, mikebell said:

'Obesity. Obesity is associated with high blood cholesterol levels, high triglyceride levels, high blood pressure and diabetes. 

Just as many people have these issues but are not obese.  I am thin with a good diet and my cholesterol was 250.  Mothers side of family.

Started statins several years ago to normalize it.

Many smokers are thin ( I bet this Police C was) but their blood pressure of course will be high.

Much of it however, is hereditary.

Archived