Pollution And Pregnancy In Northern Thailand

My wife and I live in Northern Thailand where the air has been quite bad for the past weeks. We just found out that we're pregnant and are trying to find any direct evidence if the pollution affects the FETUS (specifically information on PM-10 pollution levels). There are websites and information on the affects of people but we want to know the affects in pregnancy. If any of you know of such information, please pass it on. Thanks.

Incidently, the air seems to be getting worse again up here.

PM 2.5 and below are what one should be particularly worried about when it comes to the developing fetus. Anything in that range (PM 2.5, PM 1 etc) has the ability to enter the blood stream of the mother and possibly affect the fetus. There have been some studies showing low birth weight, pre-term births etc due to PM pollution.

It's something to think about, but I haven't found too many studies on the subject.

There are far more studies on children. A child's rapidly developing lungs are particularly susceptible to air pollutants.

if u go to govt worker health and safety sights u will find regulations for all chemicals and the rights of pregnant women in the work place and info on the affects of chemicals on the fetus etc.

this is for women working in a work place atmosphere but includes ppm (parts per million) danger levels for chemicals in the air, absorbed thru the skin, etc.

the american safety and health web site is good for this (OSHA) web site.

burnt plastics, insecticides etc can have an affect but before u get upset, its best to check out the info and if possible(?) get the parts per million info frm a thai environmental organization if there is one. surely someone is monitoring the air and whats in it???? (i'm an ex safety and health manager but dont have the lists in front of me and the web site i use often is in hebrew)>

then the question is: what stage of pregnancy, lenght of exposure, and what u can do about what s already been done . most work places monitor blood of pregnant women when exposed to lead and other heavy metals ; cant remember for synergic chemical reactions in air. and if u are affected, what exactly can u do about it? (heavy duty questions involving option of termination but ua re in thailand.)

what happens in other heavily polluted cities? in australia after their fires? etc.

bina

israel

small infants and children are even more directly suceptible and i'm sur eth incidents of asthma have tripled themselves.