How To Clean Outside Of Ibook G4

lotus eater

I’m having a lot of difficulty in finding an effective solvent/cleaning product to use to get the grime off the outside of my white ibook g4. Every kind of wet tissue that computor shops suggest and sell is not remotely effective. I tried pure alcohol and that was mildly effective but requires a lot of hard work and really only works if I apply my nail behind a cloth and thus scratch it off. It’s very slow and laborious this way.

Is there anything that will dissolve or soften the grime for a firm wiping off – without damaging the ibook surface?

I’m having a lot of difficulty in finding an effective solvent/cleaning product to use to get the grime off the outside of my white ibook g4. Every kind of wet tissue that computor shops suggest and sell is not remotely effective. I tried pure alcohol and that was mildly effective but requires a lot of hard work and really only works if I apply my nail behind a cloth and thus scratch it off. It’s very slow and laborious this way.

Is there anything that will dissolve or soften the grime for a firm wiping off – without damaging the ibook surface?

Try StayClean (สเตคลีน) available in most supermarkets. I use it to clean our PCs and other equipments which turn brown because of my smoking.

opalhort

• 3 months later...

Browsing my subscriptions box I've noticed that I didn't acknowledge the repplies to my query. For some reason I must have been off line for a while and never saw the responding posts.

Apologies & thanks.

Dish washing liquid was no good - it was among the first things I tried.

I've wasted a good deal of money trying the suggetions of computor shops in Chiang Mai - nothing really worked. (Except as I mentioned the pure alcohol - and that only partially. I'd since just given up and lived with the grimey look.)

However I'll give Stayclean and Loyd a shot when I'm back in CM. (I wonder where I'm going to find Loyd - maybe Meadish would give me a clue to save me time.