Video: Five injured and pick-up driver arrested as students go flying

webfact

Video: Five injured and pick-up driver arrested as students go flying

1pm.jpg
Picture: Daily News

Dash cam footage from a road within Kasetsart University in Bangkok showed a pick-up lose control and collide with three motorcycles being driven by students. 

The accident happened on Thursday next to a line of shops at the university known as KU Avenue - the dual carriageway leads to Viphavadee Road. 

It is not an area where you might expect anyone to be driving at speed, notes Thaivisa. 

1pm1.jpg
Picture: Daily News

Five students were injured, three seriously and one remains under observation at nearby Viphavadee Hospital. 

The driver of the pick-up, Ratthawit, 37, was arrested and charged with negligent driving causing injury. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-25

It's very lucky no one was killed,why was the pickup driver going

so fast in an area like that,I hope they tested him for Alcohol and

drugs too,he should be charged with more than just negligent driving.

regards Worgeordie

The wife and I happened by that spot going to lunch at the little group of restaurants at Kasetsart yesterday, after the pickup and motorcycles had been taken away, but the car it hit while going out of control on the curve was still there. 

No question the driver was going much much too fast, on a curve on a small road on a uni campus, and no question the students were lucky not to be killed.  There are speed bumps on the Kasetsart campus, but it's clear there need to be more.  I'm always telling the wife it's awful that so many students ride around on motorcycles without helmets; maybe this video, as terrible as it is, will drive the point home to more students.

Read the headline!!

The pick up "lot control".

Nothing to do with the driver!

LMAO

What a bunch of frikkin idiots.

Now they'll no doubt be taking note of the scooter number plates and buying lottery tickets-a-plenty!

I coudn't see a single one of the scooter passengers wearing a helmet and the drivers' helmets were obviously unfastenedas they came of immediately. 

Muppets

I can't imagine what those girls thought when he came round the bed and started to lose control... a few nightmares to come.

This guy needs to be seriously charged and banged up for a while to get the message through.

This is simply horrendous !

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

It's very lucky no one was killed,why was the pickup driver going

so fast in an area like that,I hope they tested him for Alcohol and

drugs too,he should be charged with more than just negligent driving.

regards Worgeordie

He will be treated in the normal way all idiots seem to enjoy

9 hours ago, webfact said:

It is not an area where you might expect anyone to be driving at speed, notes Thaivisa. 

Here I learned to expect high speed even on narrow streets of small villages as often seen in our village!

7 hours ago, glennb6 said:

should that have been me riding and I had survived, I doubt that the pickup truck driver would have after I beat the life out of him!

Yep.

If that was one of my children on those mopeds, i would have beaten the driver to a pulp.

Happily continued until he no longer had breath exiting his body.

9 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

JT - so your answer is to add more speed bumps and enforce Helmets rather than deal with the cause of the problem -  Speed that doesn’t fit road conditions....reckless driving

Some things can not be changed.  Thai driver education is a joke and modern cars with air conditioning, loud speakers, music, smart phones on the dashboard playing videos, only serve to distract the driver.  New cars run so smoothly that people have no idea of how fast they are going.  Few people look at the speedometer or have any idea what speeds they are going or what the speed limits are.  I approach driving very seriously   This is only going to get worse and more common. 

I hate speed bumps because I do drive carefully and after 49 years of driving, not a single moving violation.   But speed bumps would help slow down traffic in certain areas.  Wearing helmets can help one protect themselves against some things they can't control but they can defend against a little bit anyway.

Archived