Multiple Entry For China

Dropped by my friendly Chinese Embassy over by Fortune IT to get a new multiple entry 6 month visa and was politely informed by the staff that I have to get letter from the Chinese Government and have Thai work permit.

Now I had my letters from the Chinese companies I do business with in China and realized that an additional requirement for a letter from the government will all but shut down anyone trying to apply. So I took it as "no more multiple entry, we dont do".

The work permit issue is something altogether differant. As I work in China and live in Thailand, I can imagine it might be a bit of a problem to get a Thai work permit for working in China. :o Being rather naive about things in general, I had always vaguely assumed that if someone from country A wanted to visit country B that the forms and requirements would be almost identical at any of embassy or consulate of country B. I just have a picture of me wandering into the China Embassy in Los Angeles and being required to pop over to Thailand and get a work permit before accepting my application for entry into China.

While waiting in line to pick up the dual entry visa, had the chance to converse with another who had a similar experience. Differance was they just told him, "We no do anymore" "no more multiple entry". End of subject.

Anyone know of any changes in China regarding visa applications? Or is this a bit of Thailand rubbing off on the Chinese Embassy?