Jomtien Condo Owners Sue For Sea View

george

I have read all sorts of things regarding errors in measurement and many kinds of imaginary lines. The problem is that it is difficult if not impossible to find an additional 100 meters from MSL when the actual measurement is only 100 meters to start with. Perhaps you can look for a sand pumping barge to extend MSL.

The more I consider it the more I am convinced that city hall and vt7 have made a grave error, in the undertaking of the court order , to measure 200m, as stated in issue 9.

They have testified to the court that the map informs to measure out to a point 100m into the sea from MSL.They have further testified that issue 9 words then state to measure 200m landward from this point to establish the restricted zone.

When the court asked for this to be done, the surveyors could not achieve it , they could not comply with the city hall and vt7 testimony.

In making the measurement they did take ,from MSL , the surveyors have given tacit agreement that MSL is the starting point for the measurements stated in issue 9.

Lets be frank about this.

City hall and vt7 said the map indicated to make a 100m measurement from MSL 100m out into the sea.

The surveyor has given lie to this because they could not achieve it.

They had no problem taking a measurement from MSL.

If the legislators had intended a 100m measurement from MSL , they would have said so.

They didnt. "Words mean what they say"

After AsiaLawWorks betrayed the plaintiffs, they secured the services of Khun Surachai Trong-ngam, Thailand's foremost crusading environmental attorney. He has taken on major corporations on issues of dumping, pollution, and other damage to the environment. He wins most of the time.

The plaintiffs had to convince Surchai that their crusade against View Talay concerned a crucial environmental issue -- that of over development and protection of Thai beaches. If Surchai did not think the case was about defending the enviroment, he wouldn't have taken it on. He doesn't work for anyone and any cause.

q

I admire Khun Surachai but how are these articles specifically related to this case? Can he testify in Court for you that MSL = CCL? Does he also hold an engineering degree?

The question is does he know enough of the judges not farang claptrap :o

Dear spacebass

Your statement "The question is does he know enough of the judges not farang claptrap". :D

Read this interesting article on Thailand king who palace worked very hard to set up a honest Admin Supreme Court. All the court orders I read about in the newspapers and talk about with Bangkok legal experts tell us the Admin Supreme Court is intelligent and acts honestly and correctly in their decision. We do not need to know or influence the Judges.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080821/en_af...lthpeopleroyals

Thai king world's wealthiest royal: Forbes

Thu Aug 21, 3:47 PM ET

NEW YORK (AFP) - With a fortune estimated at 35 billion dollars, Thailand's King Bhumibol Adulyadej is the world's richest royal sovereign, and oil-rich Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan of Abu Dhabi is far back at No. 2, Forbes magazine reported Thursday.

King Bhumibol, 80 and, at 62 years on the throne the world's longest-serving head of state, pushed to the top of the richest royals list by virtue a greater transparency surrounding his fortune, Forbes said.

It said that the Crown Property Bureau, which manages most of his family's wealth, "granted unprecedented access this year, revealing vast landholdings, including 3,493 acres in Bangkok."

Forbes called it a good year for monarchies, investment-wise. "As a group, the world's 15 richest royals have increased their total wealth to 131 billion dollars, up from 95 billion last year," Forbes said on its website.

We are looking forward to a fare decision of our appeal which point out the flaws of the so-call expert witness report. :D

Thailand is a country of laws and :o honorable ASC Judges.

Edited by stopvt7

Dear spacebass

Your statement "The question is does he know enough of the judges not farang claptrap". :D

Read this interesting article on Thailand king who palace worked very hard to set up a honest Admin Supreme Court. All the court orders I read about in the newspapers and talk about with Bangkok legal experts tell us the Admin Supreme Court is intelligent and acts honestly and correctly in their decision. We do not need to know or influence the Judges.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080821/en_af...lthpeopleroyals

Thai king world's wealthiest royal: Forbes

Thu Aug 21, 3:47 PM ET

NEW YORK (AFP) - With a fortune estimated at 35 billion dollars, Thailand's King Bhumibol Adulyadej is the world's richest royal sovereign, and oil-rich Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan of Abu Dhabi is far back at No. 2, Forbes magazine reported Thursday.

King Bhumibol, 80 and, at 62 years on the throne the world's longest-serving head of state, pushed to the top of the richest royals list by virtue a greater transparency surrounding his fortune, Forbes said.

It said that the Crown Property Bureau, which manages most of his family's wealth, "granted unprecedented access this year, revealing vast landholdings, including 3,493 acres in Bangkok."

Forbes called it a good year for monarchies, investment-wise. "As a group, the world's 15 richest royals have increased their total wealth to 131 billion dollars, up from 95 billion last year," Forbes said on its website.

We are looking forward to a fare decision of our appeal which point out the flaws of the so-call expert witness report. :D

So can you give the names of the corrupt people you are suggesting to exist in this case?

Between the lines you accuse of corruption many times, but never in the open.

Enlighten us with your knowledge/opinion.

OhdLover said: "So can you give the names of the corrupt people you are suggesting to exist in this case? you accuse of corruption many times, but never in the open.

Enlighten us with your knowledge/opinion."

This is a honorable court! I'm sick of OhdLover / ThaiBob accusation of corruption! :D

You will find out that Rayong make a mistakes believing this so-called expert witness. Not all judges understand map reading. But, their was no need for this witness or this report. All they need to do was read city hall document and June 19 leter which explain why the building was issued an building permit which does not comply with Issue 8 and 9.

The Supreme Administrative Court did read Issue 9 maps before they made this statement: "Ministerial Regulation No. 9 .........................prescribed that the 200 meter line measured from the construction control line shown in the map .....................on the seaside (at MSL) ................shall be restricted from constructing of any building exceeding 14 meter high from road surface. Therefore, if the Construction Permit No. 162/2007 dated 28 November 2006 granted by the Defendant No. 1 to the Defendant No. 2 should appear to be unlawful against the Ministerial Regulation thereto as being claimed by the ten plaintiffs, the Court of First Instance should have sentenced this point of being unlawful, i.e. the judgment shall be focused on the permission of construction the building exceeding height limit by the Defendant No. 2. .......... :D

You do not need to read anything between the lines! Just add the facts! :D

post-44552-1219576840_thumb.jpg

post-44552-1219576925_thumb.jpg

post-44552-1219576994_thumb.jpg

post-44552-1219577067_thumb.jpg

post-44552-1219577730_thumb.jpg

Edited by stopvt7

OhdLover said: "So can you give the names of the corrupt people you are suggesting to exist in this case? you accuse of corruption many times, but never in the open.

This is a honorable court! I'm sick of OhdLover / ThaiBob accusation of corruption! :D

You will find out that Rayong make a mistakes believing this so-called expert witness. Not all judges understand map reading. But, their was no need for this witness or this report. All they need to do was read city hall document and June 19 leter which explain why the building was issued an building permit which does not comply with Issue 8 and 9.

The Supreme Administrative Court did read Issue 9 maps before they made this statement: "Ministerial Regulation No. 9 .........................prescribed that the 200 meter line measured from the construction control line shown in the map .....................on the seaside (at MSL) ................shall be restricted from constructing of any building exceeding 14 meter high from road surface. Therefore, if the Construction Permit No. 162/2007 dated 28 November 2006 granted by the Defendant No. 1 to the Defendant No. 2 should appear to be unlawful against the Ministerial Regulation thereto as being claimed by the ten plaintiffs, the Court of First Instance should have sentenced this point of being unlawful, i.e. the judgment shall be focused on the permission of construction the building exceeding height limit by the Defendant No. 2. .......... :D

Another stopVT7 twist; it is he and his choir that have hinted and/or implied corruption.

"But, their was no need for this witness or this report."...now that's a very intelligent statement.

"You do not need to read anything between the lines! Just add the facts!"..... Well, we can see you've added your "facts" (again). First this quote is not from the June 19, 2008 letter but the August, 2007 SC ruling, and secondly you've added "(at MSL)". Your "facts" are like Bush's CIA "facts" to justify his war in Iraq.

Another stopVT7 twist; it is he and his choir that have hinted and/or implied corruption.

"But, their was no need for this witness or this report."...now that's a very intelligent statement.

"You do not need to read anything between the lines! Just add the facts!"..... Well, we can see you've added your "facts" (again). First this quote is not from the June 19, 2008 letter but the August, 2007 SC ruling, and secondly you've added "(at MSL)". Your "facts" are like Bush's CIA "facts" to justify his war in Iraq.

I'd like to remind Thai Bob that Colin Powell was the "expert witness" at the United Nations. His "expert testimony" was completely corrupted by Dick Cheney and the CIA. So, Thai Bob, isn't it possible for the City Hall "expert witness" to be similarly fabricated?

Just asking.

Come to think of it, the View Talay developer is treating Dong Tarn beach the same way America is treating Bagdhad. Shock and awe.

It's a good thing there are some "insurgents" like StopVT7 around to make things difficult.

Edited by prospero

Still flogging the same old dead horse I see StopVT7. Don't know how many times we have to remind people, but I'll go as many as you keep posting and highlighting things out of context, but you missed that word "IF" after therefore. You have no Supreme Court support, and I would think that even your supporters should have jumped ship by now. But we'll wait and see.

Yes, it really is quite horrendous how you have handled this campaign, but fortunately we see through it all. How many times now have our side caught you out on the whole tampering with the evidence thing?

Maybe that is why you cannot find any real support from the courts, and are only finding support from those who are fundamentally against the idea of beachside development and/or the VT empire anyhow?

Still flogging the same old dead horse I see StopVT7. Don't know how many times we have to remind people, but I'll go as many as you keep posting and highlighting things out of context, but you missed that word "IF" after therefore. You have no Supreme Court support, and I would think that even your supporters should have jumped ship by now. But we'll wait and see.

Yes, it really is quite horrendous how you have handled this campaign, but fortunately we see through it all. How many times now have our side caught you out on the whole tampering with the evidence thing?

Maybe that is why you cannot find any real support from the courts, and are only finding support from those who are fundamentally against the idea of beachside development and/or the VT empire anyhow?

Exactly. We will wait and see.

StopVT7 and supporters there is no need to reply to the above by jpm76. Thre is nothing he and other pro VT7 people would like better than that this topic be closed down.

Tammi wrote: "StopVT7 and supporters there is no need to reply to the above by jpm76. Thre is nothing he and other pro VT7 people would like better than that this topic be closed down."

Why would you think that civilized discourse and debate would close this topic down?

Tammi wrote: "StopVT7 and supporters there is no need to reply to the above by jpm76. Thre is nothing he and other pro VT7 people would like better than that this topic be closed down."

Why would you think that civilized discourse and debate would close this topic down?

No,

But continued personal attacks as well as the "pros and cons" of the Iraq war might.

Buckwheat - No disrespect intended, just seeking information: would Jpm76's post be considered a personal attack?

No disrespect taken....

I have asked 3 times within the last week or so that posters please adhere to the topic at hand and refrain from personal attacks so that this important thread can continue.

Can anyone please tell me how "Bush's CIA" facts pertains to the lawsuit in Jomtien?

My third and final public warning was not the result of Jpm76's post, but a combination of several posts that are again wayyyy off topic.

Thanks in advance for steering back on topic and refraining from personal attacks.

OhdLover / ThaiBob

Here where you may find the June 19 letter:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Jomtien-Condo-Owners-Sue-Sea-View-t113118.html&st=2050

Khun Surachai explained :D to me that Issue 8 map defines the construction control line at the seashore on the map and Issue 9 map redefines the CCL at MSL.

The June 19 letter tells you to measure from MSL which the "Meeting on the Drafting of Ministerial Regulation No. 8 tells you which direction to measure.

That is you measure from MSL onto the land!

You make a measurement from a line not a Area on the maps. Adding the facts!

Below is Minutes from "Meeting on the Drafting of Ministerial Regulation No. 8

"Meeting on the Drafting of Ministerial Regulation No. 8" part of Issue 9

"Further amendment was to delete the wording "towards the shore" since the wording was clearly understood, then the following wording was used instead "to fix the 100 meters measured from the construction control line according to the annexed map at the sea shore that building of the following types are not permitted for construction" (Issue change 100 meters to 200 meters)

"The amendments were consented by the meeting because the meeting wanted to protect the beach by controlling the construction which may impact the natural look of sea beach area"

And review :

Issue 8 "to fix the 100 meters measured from the construction control line according to the annexed map at the sea shore that building of the following types are not permitted for construction"

Issue 9 "to fix the 200 meters measured from the construction control line according to the annexed map at the sea shore (now found on the map at MSL) that building of the following types are not permitted for construction"

Issue 9 has a reason attached: "Note: The reason issuing this Ministerial Regulation due to the updating of the construction control areas in Tambol Bang Lamung, Tambol Na Khua and Tambol Nhong Prue, by extending the construction restriction areas as appeared in the map annexed to the Royal Decree

OhdLover / ThaiBob

I'm sure you will not be able understand the above facts or add them. Because it is above your "paid grade?" :o

Do you understand now why Khun Surachai said the legal facts are total in our favor. :D

Edited by stopvt7

If I was being paid to represent a meglamaniac self interested plaintiff I'd probably take the case on, just like the other lawyers, but like most things in the big mango you pay more, but not usually with other peoples cash! If you stopped with your mocking laughing icons people may take you more seriously!

Buckwheat - No disrespect intended, just seeking information: would Jpm76's post be considered a personal attack?

No disrespect taken....

I have asked 3 times within the last week or so that posters please adhere to the topic at hand and refrain from personal attacks so that this important thread can continue.

Can anyone please tell me how "Bush's CIA" facts pertains to the lawsuit in Jomtien?

My third and final public warning was not the result of Jpm76's post, but a combination of several posts that are again wayyyy off topic.

Thanks in advance for steering back on topic and refraining from personal attacks.

"Can anyone please tell me how "Bush's CIA" facts pertains to the lawsuit in Jomtien?" Sure, let me explain. This was a simple analogy. StopVT7 is a litigant in this lawsuit and makes many posts to defend his case. He posts his "facts" which are often untruths by nature of omission or taking words or phrases out of context for the purpose to mislead, distort, and deflect legitimate criticism of his case. These are the same tactics employed by his political hero, his President when Bush sold the world about WMD’s. Of course, Bush did a better job than stopVT7. Some people didn't understand this analogy so I will not longer use it in the future.

I know it's been asked before but does anyone know when we will know the final verdict on this case??

Please.... take a break!! Never ask for real facts, you won't find them in this topic!!

P.S. I asked fr it a couple of times as well.... maybe there is no case??

Khun Surachai explained to me that Issue 8 map defines the construction control line at the seashore on the map and Issue 9 map redefines the CCL at MSL.

Nothing new here.

I think you meant to say "I explained to Khun Surachai that Issue 8 map defines the construction control line at the seashore on the map and Issue 9 map redefines the CCL at MSL." He then nodded his head in agreement, smiled, shook your hand, gave you a respective "wai" and said "Sure, I'll be happy to take your case. How much did you say you had in your legal fund?"

Lawyers are not qualified map experts.

Dear ZZZ

Our appeal is at the Admin Supreme Court as of July 4. The court informed use they received our appeal and the court records on July 4 from Rayong.

We could see a decision within about 60 days? It is a estimate! :o Because we know this court is very busy as any one who been reading the Bangkok paper understands. The court keeps their work schedule and they do not make it public.

We have not receive any info that City hall or VT7 has response to our appeal which the court requested.

This 60 days is only a guess!

No disrespect taken....

"Can anyone please tell me how "Bush's CIA" facts pertains to the lawsuit in Jomtien?" Sure, let me explain. This was a simple analogy. StopVT7 is a litigant in this lawsuit and makes many posts to defend his case. He posts his "facts" which are often untruths by nature of omission or taking words or phrases out of context for the purpose to mislead, distort, and deflect legitimate criticism of his case. These are the same tactics employed by his political hero, his President when Bush sold the world about WMD's. Of course, Bush did a better job than stopVT7. Some people didn't understand this analogy so I will not longer use it in the future.

You got the analogy wrong, Thai Bob. Colin Powell was Bush's "expert witness" at the UN, justifying the invasion of Iraq with false testimony. City Hall's "qualified map expert" did the same at the Rayong Court.

Just as America imposed itself on Iraq with brute force, so the developer of View Talay 7 has imposed his monster building on the DongTarn beach environment with brute force of his highly paid lawyers and his noisy construction equipment.

I really don't know how it could be clearer. But then, there are those who are terminally dense.

Edited by prospero

Khun Surachai explained to me that Issue 8 map defines the construction control line at the seashore on the map and Issue 9 map redefines the CCL at MSL.

Nothing new here.

I think you meant to say "I explained to Khun Surachai that Issue 8 map defines the construction control line at the seashore on the map and Issue 9 map redefines the CCL at MSL." He then nodded his head in agreement, smiled, shook your hand, gave you a respective "wai" and said "Sure, I'll be happy to take your case. How much did you say you had in your legal fund?"

Once again, Thai Bob, you keep your enormous blinkers on. As I pointed out before, Khun Surachai ONLY takes cases that he believes are important to the environment. If you read the Bangkok Post article, you will see that he's in it for more than the money. You seem to be imputing to him the same sort of corrupt motivation that you are offended by when others impute it to City Hall, AsiaLawWorks, and the developer of View Talay 7. Then you go on to ridicule the Thai "wai", implying that it is patently insincere. Talk about offending the culture!

But then, you believe that big ugly structures on the Thai seashore are not offensive while, along your precious California seashore, they are to be vigorously opposed.

Double standards. Easily explained by financial interest.

ThaiBob: "He then nodded his head in agreement, smiled, shook your hand, gave you a respective "wai" and said "Sure, I'll be happy to take your case."

Prospero: "Then you go on to ridicule the Thai "wai", implying that it is patently insincere. Talk about offending the culture!"

ThaiBob didn't disrespect the "wai" any more than he did the western handshake. Ease off.

The stopvt7.blogspot hasn't had an update in some time. Last comment was that the site seemed "frozen". More significantly, although Khun Surachai's name is appended to recent documents, there is absolutely no mention of who he is, how and why he was hired, newspaper clippings, etc. Those people can get more info on this thread than on their own site. Curious.

Nothing new here.

Once again, Thai Bob, you keep your enormous blinkers on. As I pointed out before, Khun Surachai ONLY takes cases that he believes are important to the environment. If you read the Bangkok Post article, you will see that he's in it for more than the money. You seem to be imputing to him the same sort of corrupt motivation that you are offended by when others impute it to City Hall, AsiaLawWorks, and the developer of View Talay 7. Then you go on to ridicule the Thai "wai", implying that it is patently insincere. Talk about offending the culture!

But then, you believe that big ugly structures on the Thai seashore are not offensive while, along your precious California seashore, they are to be vigorously opposed.

Double standards. Easily explained by financial interest.

My remarks were not about culture or imputing Khun Surachai but about lawyers in general. It is my nature not to trust lawyers because I have had personal experiences with lawyers similar to stopVT7's experience with Asia LawWorks. Remember they were supposed to be the best money could buy too. You should know all lawyers with your Condo Homeowners battle in a similar case.

Edited by ThaiBob

Dear ZZZ

Our appeal is at the Admin Supreme Court as of July 4. The court informed use they received our appeal and the court records on July 4 from Rayong.

We could see a decision within about 60 days? It is a estimate! :o Because we know this court is very busy as any one who been reading the Bangkok paper understands. The court keeps their work schedule and they do not make it public.

We have not receive any info that City hall or VT7 has response to our appeal which the court requested.

This 60 days is only a guess!

This is your most informative post in quite a while!!

Stop VT7 is beating his drum trying to convince us that he is worried about the beach. He is simply trying to protect his sea view. I don't blame him. On the other hand people are talking about map reading and map experts. Does it take a rocket scientist to understand the term mean sea level and that VT7 is only a hundred meters from MSL? In my humble view, the court will have no choice but to declare VT7 illegal. Will VT7 be knocked down? I seriously doubt it. This may drag out for years until the project is finished and people will eventually just give up and forget it.

Stop VT7 is beating his drum trying to convince us that he is worried about the beach. He is simply trying to protect his sea view. I don't blame him. On the other hand people are talking about map reading and map experts. Does it take a rocket scientist to understand the term mean sea level and that VT7 is only a hundred meters from MSL? In my humble view, the court will have no choice but to declare VT7 illegal. Will VT7 be knocked down? I seriously doubt it. This may drag out for years until the project is finished and people will eventually just give up and forget it.

"Does it take a rocket scientist to understand the term mean sea level and that VT7 is only a hundred meters from MSL?" Yes, everyone is in agreement on this point (actually about 103 meters). Of course, the big debate is whether you measure 200 meters from the MSL (contrary to Issue 9) or 200 meters from the Construction Control Boundary as per the Issue 9 map. The Rayong Court, based on its Court ordered survey and report has made its decision. The Supreme Court will review the evidence before it and rule on the litigants Appeal.. Do you think the SC will overturn its lower Court and throw a Court ordered report and survey from an unbiased source out the window? Everyone has read stopVT7's posts with his "facts". Do you think he has made his case with a preponderance of the evidence for the Supreme Court reverse course? You know my answer to these questions and we know stopVT7's too. We will just have to wait and see who was right. Meanwhile, construction continues.