Jomtien Condo Owners Sue For Sea View

george

I can only see the Admin Court's reputation for taking the tough decisions and upholding the law being sustained at the expense of VT. After all, it was the same court which dissolved TRT and there were many who doubted it was capable of such. The Admin Court, being a relatively new institution, may not yet be in the hands of the infuential. However, if the potential for a 500 million baht loss on VT7 is correct that's a lot of baht to buy some influence with. Added with the possible demolition of VT5 and there's a mighty big pot with which to pervert the course of justice if one was so inclined.

I just contacted VT-office and the manager over there told me that they will start construction again tomorrow and that my units on the 11th floor will be build as planned, just with a delay.

Amazing! The Supreme Admin Court order vt7 not to build over 14 meters or about 4 stories.

Vt7 is told you they are build your condo on the 11 floor. Are they going to build all the 27 stories?

This is getting interesting. Can vt7 piss on the court and get away with it?

He told me everything will continue as planned, so if my 11th floor will be there, nr. 27 will be as well.

Or maybe they plan to reduce the ceiling heights to about 50 cm, so we have to crawl into our appartments... :D

Has any one received an e-mail message from VT7 requesting you to stare making payments on you VT7 condo? :o

Friends tell me after visiting the VT office that payments are requested as usual and they (VT) seem optimistic about next Wednesday's decision.

There is activity at the construction site. I don't know if they're just moving material and equipment around or actually doing any building. Perhaps others can comment.

Supposedly VT has broken ground or will soon on a new luxury hotel by VT3 (near Pattaya Park). It will be a low-rise like the Avalon stepping to high-rise. Maybe someone would like to take a walk down the beach and confirm.

They sure are concreting and armoring like mad. They are actually finishing the basic concret structure. Somebody told me they can do that up to 14 metres.

I suppose if true and next week would be negative for VT7, they would build up to 14 metres

and keep on fighting until loophole big enough to go on. I suppose they won't quit before

Jomtien is covered in concrete and when tourists find out beach water brown and beach view

concrete and have nicer places to go, they will have made their millions and who cares.

I can only see the Admin Court's reputation for taking the tough decisions and upholding the law being sustained at the expense of VT. After all, it was the same court which dissolved TRT and there were many who doubted it was capable of such. The Admin Court, being a relatively new institution, may not yet be in the hands of the infuential. However, if the potential for a 500 million baht loss on VT7 is correct that's a lot of baht to buy some influence with. Added with the possible demolition of VT5 and there's a mighty big pot with which to pervert the course of justice if one was so inclined.

and would the Court order the suspension of other projects like the Northpoint and Regatta which are also in violation of the 200 meter rule?

and would the Court order the suspension of other projects like the Northpoint and Regatta which are also in violation of the 200 meter rule?

One could reasonably expect so if the matter was brought before the court. Not sure if there are enough with the courage to do it.

They sure are concreting and armoring like mad. They are actually finishing the basic concret structure. Somebody told me they can do that up to 14 metres.

I suppose if true and next week would be negative for VT7, they would build up to 14 metres

and keep on fighting until loophole big enough to go on. I suppose they won't quit before

Jomtien is covered in concrete and when tourists find out beach water brown and beach view

concrete and have nicer places to go, they will have made their millions and who cares.

I understood from the BKK Post article that Supreme Admin Court said VT were not allowed to work on VT7. Did I read it wrong?

interesting question - i live next door to Northpoint - the pilings work was completed about 2 weeks ago and there has been no activity on the property since that time - is it possible that that Raimon Land is waiting for the decision to come down from the courts prior to beginning construction?

interesting question - i live next door to Northpoint - the pilings work was completed about 2 weeks ago and there has been no activity on the property since that time - is it possible that that Raimon Land is waiting for the decision to come down from the courts prior to beginning construction?

I believe with Raimon Land they are probably playing the waiting game, Mr. M is no mug and he would realise that awaiting the outcome of any investigation and losing a few baht in late fees is better than throwing a whole wad of cash at something you were not permitted to finish. I also believe that they are probably (100%) going to complete that project. I cannot see a company renown and respected in Thailand making such a faux pas as to commencing selling and building a site that they cannot complete.

What is the latest buzz on Regatta and since when have they brought VT5 into the afray. This could get messy and who would that be good for? Not the likes of us you can bet your last on that matey boy.

Anyway chaps those are my thoughts on the mattar as it stands. :o

I believe with Raimon Land they are probably playing the waiting game, Mr. M is no mug and he would realise that awaiting the outcome of any investigation and losing a few baht in late fees is better than throwing a whole wad of cash at something you were not permitted to finish. I also believe that they are probably (100%) going to complete that project. I cannot see a company renown and respected in Thailand making such a faux pas as to commencing selling and building a site that they cannot complete.

What is the latest buzz on Regatta and since when have they brought VT5 into the afray. This could get messy and who would that be good for? Not the likes of us you can bet your last on that matey boy.

Anyway chaps those are my thoughts on the mattar as it stands. :o

What do you mean by 'this could get messy'? And who do you think the 'mess' wouldn't be good for? Who do you mean by 'the likes of us'?

People were on site today, no Bs, saw one truck and a few bods about.

could just be manitance crew.

:o

Over 18 concrete trucks and 4 truck loads of steel rod today. They added 3 more 3 meter tall foundation piers. I count over 45 works and vt7 is building to their original plans. Amazing! To watch them violate a supreme court order!

People were on site today, no Bs, saw one truck and a few bods about.

could just be manitance crew.

:o

Over 18 concrete trucks and 4 truck loads of steel rod today. They added 3 more 3 meter tall foundation piers. I count over 45 works and vt7 is building to their original plans. Amazing! To watch them violate a supreme court order!

If VT7 will violate a supreme court order with impunity, imagine what they will do if they have to repay their investors. Either they know something no one else knows or this is a last ditch desperation effort to forestall collapse. Who knows? Stay tuned!

Amazing! This dog not to smart?

http://www.viewtalaycondo.com/index.htm

The 8 of August final court hearing in Rayong is going be interesting!

I just received a reply to my email, in which I asked several questions, from VT-office in which they state that they will continue the project.

Then they must either know Wednesday's ruling already or they simply are fools to resume the construction. My guess is the former. The skids have been greased and the project will move forward.

The court may rule that the current projects (VT7, Northpoint, etc.) would be grandfathered along with former projects (VT3, VT5, etc.) and the 200 meter limit would apply going forward. There should be monetary damages to the stopVT7 complaintants. City of Pattaya saves face and is off the hook for potential liability issues.

Bangkok supreme admin court rules vt7 can’t build over 14 meters. Vt7 ignores the court order and stares building their original building. It a fix had been made? They would of made it at sup adm court.

I would not want to be vt7 or city building department lawyers in Rayong admin court.

Have you ever seen a pissed off judge? Their nothing fare about it. It’s like a pitbull at a cock fight. I love to see those lawyers get their head tore off!

Amazing! This dog not to smart?

http://www.viewtalaycondo.com/index.htm

The 8 of August final court hearing in Rayong is going be interesting!

I just received a reply to my email, in which I asked several questions, from VT-office in which they state that they will continue the project.

Then they must either know Wednesday's ruling already or they simply are fools to resume the construction. My guess is the former. The skids have been greased and the project will move forward.

The court may rule that the current projects (VT7, Northpoint, etc.) would be grandfathered along with former projects (VT3, VT5, etc.) and the 200 meter limit would apply going forward. There should be monetary damages to the stopVT7 complaintants. City of Pattaya saves face and is off the hook for potential liability issues.

I don't know where this idea that there will be a final ruling on Wednesday is coming from. As far as I can tell, a hearing is scheduled for Wednesday. Arguments will be presented regarding the measurement of the two-hundred meter distance. I would think the Administrative court will need time to take these arguments into consideration before writing what will probably be a long and comprehensive decision. They may even require another hearing.

The amount of exposure this case has had will make it very difficult for the court to be seen to be corrupt. Don't forget, these are the guys who demolished Thai Rak Thai.

The documents VT7 has posted on its website are dated well before this case came to court. The letter stating that the building is 100 meters from the sea and the building permit are precisely what are being litigated. So far, I have not seen a translation of the Supreme Court's decision. I hope it will be posted on this site.

Edited by brooklynbridge

"Supreme Administrative Court decide was read and give in Rayon on 1 of August 2007.The following is an English translation of the court last 3 pages of their order:

Has been posted at: http://stopvt7.blogspot.com/ "

"200 meter line measured from the construction control line shown in the map annexed to the Royal Decree"

Is the Supreme court saying that the contruction control line is mean sea level in accordance with the map annexed to the royal decree?

Can someone post this map and point out where the construction control line is?

Does anyone know if there is a certified English translation of the decision of the Supreme Administrative court?
Supreme Administrative Court decide was read and give in Rayon on 1 of August 2007.The following is an English translation of the court last 3 pages of their order:

Has been posted at: http://stopvt7.blogspot.com/

Thanks to stopvt7 for posting this translation. I understand now how VT could legally resume construction but they would certainly be crazy to go beyond 14 meters. I question why VT would spend more money on a project with it's future in serious doubt. Doesn't make much sense.

Anyone know the outcome of todays hearing at Rayong Admin court?

Go to http://stopvt7.blogspot.com/ for a posting about the 8 of AugustAdmin Court hearing.. :o

Pattaya City hall and VT7 could not agree with Department of Civil Engineering and City Planning from Bangkok explanation of issue 9. They keep confusing how to measure from MSL.

The Bangkok man could not answer any of the judge’s questions which were not written in his office letter. This left unanswered questions.

The court is going to order the Thai Port Authority and the Bangkok Department of Civil Engineering and City Planning to take measurement and make a map for the court. The map will show where VT7 building is located as to issue 9 alignment.

The stopvt7 group is going to hire an expert to watch over the taking of measurement and making of the map.

VT7 can keep working but not build over 14 meters high.

Their will be another court hearing.

My understanding about the Bangkok letter form Department of Civil Engineering and City Planning explains the following?

The distance of 100 meters in Issue 8 and the distance of 200 meters Issue are not the same alignment.

The alignment of Issue 8 had not specified the measurement be taken at MSL.

Issue 9 specified that the measurement of the alignment of the cost line be taken only at MSL (mean sea level). This setting a 200 meters measured from MSL for alignment.

So after all the debate and court cases a decision is still not made. The reason why is very simple. Issue 9 does not state that a building cannot be constructed within 200m of mean sea level and it does not show this on the map attached to the decree. If it did VT7 or all the other projects would never have started. I will put my cards on the table and bet that VT7 and all the other projects will go ahead as planned.

So after all the debate and court cases a decision is still not made. The reason why is very simple. Issue 9 does not state that a building cannot be constructed within 200m of mean sea level and it does not show this on the map attached to the decree. If it did VT7 or all the other projects would never have started. I will put my cards on the table and bet that VT7 and all the other projects will go ahead as planned.

So, I wonder, why does the Law bother stating anything about MSL and 200 meters?

So, I wonder, why does the Law bother stating anything about MSL and 200 meters?

Tammi please show me on a map or document where it states 200m from Mean Sea Level. It doesnt. Thats the whole point.