Jomtien Condo Owners Sue For Sea View

george

got news for you guys in usa ... you can sue on environmental grounds, or maybe some municipal mumbo-jumbo

yod get laughed out of us court w/ a suit because the bldg is blocking your view.

this is PRECISELY why you should never buy anything w/ a view in pattaya

Actually jinjok, a slight correction... Many major cities in the USA, with major high-rise developments and low space availbility, have what in the U.S. are called "Sunshine Laws". Those laws, while not preventing view blocking construction do require developers to pay compensation to tenants of neighboring buildings for blocking the direct sunlight with a new building. New York is a good example of this.

Additionally, if a law says no construction over a certain height within a certain number of yards/meters of some physical landmark (such as a tide-line), then permits would not be given by the issuing authority in the first place. And if for some reason they were, the court could place a hold on all construction until an investigation determines if the planned construction violates that building code. With the loser being required to pay all court costs and investigation costs resulting.

However, as many have said, TIT. The mayor and crew will never take responsibility for incorrectly issuing a permit, and by the time the Administrative Court gets around to it, the building will be near completion likely.

Probably the Plaintiffs need to request the court freeze construction until such a time as the court can rule on the case.

.......and by the time the Administrative Court gets around to it, the building will be near completion likely.

Probably the Plaintiffs need to request the court freeze construction until such a time as the court can rule on the case.

Please read from post #33 onwards.

Stop this now. It has ceased to be fun or even topical. None of the pro or nor anti VT7 or Regatta persons here posting has any idea has to what will happen. You obviously have far too much time on your hands. Surely you can put your lives to better use?

Sorry I do not mean to offend I just think it needed saying.

Stop this now. It has ceased to be fun or even topical. None of the pro or nor anti VT7 or Regatta persons here posting has any idea has to what will happen. You obviously have far too much time on your hands. Surely you can put your lives to better use?

It didn't need saying at all. From the outset, it was never meant to be "fun" and it still is "topical", although you're correct that the outcome remains unknown.

I suggest that you refrain from pointing your mouse cursor to the topic and don't open it........put your life to better use or are you still engrossed in the "Worst Value for Money Meal in Pattaya" topic. :o

You must admit it has been dragged out dragged back and then thrown on the pyre of the worst value meal in Pattaya more than a few times. BTW I do have better things to do with my time that is why I am an infrequent poster however I do like to see what is going on from time to time and have my threepenneth. :o

Well said, they'd be better off helping KOTO with his crusade of helping clean the beaches up!

Well said, they'd be better off helping KOTO with his crusade of helping clean the beaches up!

For those of you who don't know, Mark Bowling is Sales Manager for Indochine Asset Management Ltd., the developer of The Regatta. Not that this doesn't give him every right to post on this board. It's just that many of us who read opinions here value transparency and good faith. I, for one, quite admire KOTO's crusade to clean the beaches up. I should think he would also. As a co-owner at Jomtien Condotel, I value the quality of the environment.

For those of you who don't know, Mark Bowling is Sales Manager for Indochine Asset Management Ltd., the developer of The Regatta. Not that this doesn't give him every right to post on this board. It's just that many of us who read opinions here value transparency and good faith. I, for one, quite admire KOTO's crusade to clean the beaches up. I should think he would also. As a co-owner at Jomtien Condotel, I value the quality of the environment.

I fully agree and admire KOTO's endeavours of keeping the beaches clean. We also value the quality of the enviroment and endeavour to improve the beauty of Dongtan Beach, by means of progress and modernisation of the surrounding area.

I fully agree and admire KOTO's endeavours of keeping the beaches clean. We also value the quality of the enviroment and endeavour to improve the beauty of Dongtan Beach, by means of progress and modernisation of the surrounding area.

Nice to see you come out of the closet, Mark. I presume the "we" is Indochine Assets Management, Limited. "Progress and modernisation" do not always mean "improvement", as I'm sure you will agree. Some things are lovely just as they are: the picturesque citiscapes of Florence and Kyoto, the byways and boulevards of Paris, the unspoiled, tranquil sands of Koh Samui. None of those would be improved by "progress", even if the result was huge profit for those who would deface them.

I would place Dongtarn beach in that category.

Mark, it will be great when Indochine builds a super-duper 14 meter high Regatta condo and cleans up the environment, especially the walking street, the drains, the filthy dustbins, the pee from under every palm tree, the thousands of plastic bags, the garbage around the toilets and around the seadoo operators. Indochine ads make the area sound so idyllic when in reality it is anything but.

Mark, it will be great when Indochine builds a super-duper 14 meter high Regatta condo and cleans up the environment, especially the walking street, the drains, the filthy dustbins, the pee from under every palm tree, the thousands of plastic bags, the garbage around the toilets and around the seadoo operators. Indochine ads make the area sound so idyllic when in reality it is anything but.

Regatta is planned to be 23 meters high -- eight stories.

Edited by brooklynbridge

Regatta is planned to be 23 meters high -- eight stories.

I agree it will be splendid when Regatta is completed as planned, the surrounding area cleaned and litter taken away, something we fully intend on doing. At least KOTO does something about the enviroment, what do you do? You choose to live in surroundings which quote 'sound so idyllic when in reality it is anything but' unquote. Maybe if 'residents' all along the Pattaya & Jomtien coastline took a bit more pride in their surroundings things wouldn't look as bad as you portray. The lower pool area at JC & V is a disgrace, don't they have a committee to take care of such eyesores? Hardly what one would call a pleasant 'view'

I would have thought that paying Regent owners back was a more pressing matter for IA. I understand that IA need a sales manager as they are no longer on speaking terms with most of the Pattaya Agents.

All matters are of great importance to IAM. A sales manager has been employed to liaise with and assist local agents. There is only one agent who refuses to answer telephone calls as far as I'm aware. Everyone else I have personally visited this week distributing brochures and banners and they all spoke! If you insist upon listening to and spreading gossip, please make sure it's correct before you make such remarks.

Mark Bowling, before being outed you made some pretty inflamatory comments in order, to quote yourself "stir the hornets nest" I do not think anonymity should be used as you did to cause a stir amongst the board members. VT7 was the brunt of more than 1 of your jibes. I think you are a troll as I stated earlier and as such should be ignored. Not nice what you did. Do not like it one bit.

Sorry just MVHO. :o

I would have thought that paying Regent owners back was a more pressing matter for IA. I understand that IA need a sales manager as they are no longer on speaking terms with most of the Pattaya Agents.

All matters are of great importance to IAM. A sales manager has been employed to liaise with and assist local agents. There is only one agent who refuses to answer telephone calls as far as I'm aware. Everyone else I have personally visited this week distributing brochures and banners and they all spoke! If you insist upon listening to and spreading gossip, please make sure it's correct before you make such remarks.

So, Mark, in the interests of correcting spreading gossip, perhaps you can explain exactly why many of the residents of Regent Pratumnak were overcharged for their units and exactly when Indochine Assets intends to make good. I read the gobbledygook on the ‘public notice’ on your website and could not make head nor tail of it. Perhaps I am not educated enough to comprehend the subtlety and complexity of the prose.

Also, on your way down to the site of the proposed Regatta, be sure to take in the large, beautiful gardens in front of Jomtien Condotel. Notice how carefully looked after they are. Also, notice that work has been ongoing with regard to the “eyesore” pool and entrance area next to the beach. It goes without saying that the residents at the back of your proposed condo will look out on our gardens, most likely free of charge.

On the other hand, the Regatta takes up every square millimeter of its proposed site, not room there for even one flower. And that ground floor parking lot!. So elegant!

So, Mark, in the interests of correcting spreading gossip, perhaps you can explain exactly why many of the residents of Regent Pratumnak were overcharged for their units and exactly when Indochine Assets intends to make good. I read the gobbledygook on the 'public notice' on your website and could not make head nor tail of it. Perhaps I am not educated enough to comprehend the subtlety and complexity of the prose.

Also, on your way down to the site of the proposed Regatta, be sure to take in the large, beautiful gardens in front of Jomtien Condotel. Notice how carefully looked after they are. Also, notice that work has been ongoing with regard to the "eyesore" pool and entrance area next to the beach. It goes without saying that the residents at the back of your proposed condo will look out on our gardens, most likely free of charge.

On the other hand, the Regatta takes up every square millimeter of its proposed site, not room there for even one flower. And that ground floor parking lot!. So elegant!

Any resident of Regent Pratumnak is welcome to speak with us directly regarding the unfortunate situation. Perhaps you are not educated enough to understand the notice on the website or perhaps it has nothing whatsoever to do with you.

If you value your prize gardens, when didn't you purchase the Regatta site when you had the opportunity, to ensure that no views would be obstructed and to have a larger garden. Crying over spilt milk eh? You must realise a seaview is not a god given right and cannot be guaranteed forever, unless you are absolute beachfront, which you are not.

More nonsense from you once again, Regatta doesn't take up every square millimetre of the site. If you had any knowledge of what you are talking about you would understand that. Ground floor parking lot, where would you prefer, on the roof? Incidentally where do you park your cars in the Jomtien Condotel?

I agree it will be splendid when Regatta is completed as planned, the surrounding area cleaned and litter taken away, something we fully intend on doing. At least KOTO does something about the enviroment, what do you do? You choose to live in surroundings which quote 'sound so idyllic when in reality it is anything but' unquote. Maybe if 'residents' all along the Pattaya & Jomtien coastline took a bit more pride in their surroundings things wouldn't look as bad as you portray. The lower pool area at JC & V is a disgrace, don't they have a committee to take care of such eyesores? Hardly what one would call a pleasant 'view'

To answer step by step:

I am so pleased that you "fully intend" to clean up the surrounding area. How big an area are you talking about?

You are quite right that it would be great if more/all residents would get out early mornings and clean up the mess. But why don't the local authorities do it? I have written before on the cleanliness of other beach areas to the north of us - everything spick and span, organised, and not a plastic bag in sight, and am sure the local residents don't have to do the cleaning.

I came to live here when I had the whole of Dongtan Beach to myself. Heaven on Earth! I have given serious thought to moving but can't just up and go anymore.

You are talking nonsense about lower pool at Jomthien Condotel but am sure the Committee Member in charge would be pleased to hear your thoughts on how to further improve the area.

Word has just come to me that the vacant plot of land on the absolute beachfront between the Regatta and Dongtan beach has been sold for a very significant amount. This means that whoever develops it will, most likely, put up the largest possible structure. At the very least, a 14 meter building on that site would block the views of the first four or five stories of whatever building was built directly behind it.

Perhaps Indochine Assets would like to join the co-owners of Jomtien Condotel in seeking an injunction against any 23 meter building built within 200 meters from the sea.

But, hey, as you said, a sea-view is not a god given right! Don't cry over spilt milk, Mark.

Edited by brooklynbridge

Word has just come to me that the vacant plot of land on the absolute beachfront between the Regatta and Dongtan beach has been sold for a very significant amount. This means that whoever develops it will, most likely, put up the largest possible structure. At the very least, a 14 meter building on that site would block the views of the first four or five stories of whatever building was built directly behind it.

Perhaps Indochine Assets would like to join the co-owners of Jomtien Condotel in seeking an injunction against any 23 meter building built within 200 meters from the sea.

But, hey, as you said, a sea-view is not a god given right! Don't cry over spilt milk, Mark.

25 million was what I heard was being asked. And another 25 million for the house beside the vacant land.

25 million was what I heard was being asked. And another 25 million for the house beside the vacant land.

Maybe, but did you know the regualtion about being able to build on only 25% of the plot? Look it up.

That won't have a significant impact on the proposed Regatta as the building there is already 3-4 stories. A little scare mongering going on here. I do not think any unit in Regatta below floor 4 will get much of a view any way.

That won't have a significant impact on the proposed Regatta as the building there is already 3-4 stories. A little scare mongering going on here. I do not think any unit in Regatta below floor 4 will get much of a view any way.

Scare mongering just as I thought, still can't blame them for trying as they've already declared there's nothing they can legally do to stop the Regatta. You're almost correct in what you say about sea views but in actual fact you would get some sea view from the 3rd floor, though the trees would obscure them somewhat. Even with a building in front it wouldn't make much difference, especially if you check the regulation about being able to build on only 25% of the site, why do you think it wasn't sold before? Just about all it is good for is a very expensive private house. So no I'm not crying over spilt milk!

Mark you are not much of a sales manager, there is not a single post you have made that I can see that would inspire anyone purchase from the company you work for, your F@#k them we are right attitude is appalling. At least View Talay have had the good sense to shut up while the courts decide what is correct rather than trying to inflame the situation.

Scare mongering just as I thought, still can't blame them for trying as they've already declared there's nothing they can legally do to stop the Regatta. You're almost correct in what you say about sea views but in actual fact you would get some sea view from the 3rd floor, though the trees would obscure them somewhat. Even with a building in front it wouldn't make much difference, especially if you check the regulation about being able to build on only 25% of the site, why do you think it wasn't sold before? Just about all it is good for is a very expensive private house. So no I'm not crying over spilt milk!

I don't know where you got the idea that anyone from Jomtien Condotel has "already declared there's nothing they can legally do to stop the Regatta." You should read our press release! We are taking legal steps.

I don't know where you got the idea that anyone from Jomtien Condotel has "already declared there's nothing they can legally do to stop the Regatta." You should read our press release! We are taking legal steps.

It was stated by residents of the Jomtien Condotel at a recent meeting held there with Indochine representatives and their lawyers.

It was stated by residents of the Jomtien Condotel at a recent meeting held there with Indochine representatives and their lawyers.

Read our press release. Check out our website: www.jomtiencondotel.com

Mark you are not much of a sales manager, there is not a single post you have made that I can see that would inspire anyone purchase from the company you work for, your F@#k them we are right attitude is appalling. At least View Talay have had the good sense to shut up while the courts decide what is correct rather than trying to inflame the situation.

I'm not saying F@*k anyone, your word not mine, I thought this site was designed to be a forum for both sides to put their points across. Jomtien Condotel believe they are right, I KNOW we are right. Enough said.