Jomtien Condo Owners Sue For Sea View

george

Thank you Mark for posting this news. It is hardly surprising that City Hall have come out and confirmed that their original decision did not break any laws or regulations. Any other statement would have had serious consequences for not only Regatta but also VT7 and a number of other developments (and of course City Hall themselves). Let's hope someone has the courage to see this through to the Courts so that we have at least a chance of hearing an independent decision.

PS - does anyone know please what the new building work is between VT3 and Pattaya Park (just inside the VT3 boundary wall) and very near to the beach?

Any news from Regent Pratumnak? Have the purchasers received their deeds yet?

Just asking.

Thank you Mark for posting this news. It is hardly surprising that City Hall have come out and confirmed that their original decision did not break any laws or regulations. Any other statement would have had serious consequences for not only Regatta but also VT7 and a number of other developments (and of course City Hall themselves). Let's hope someone has the courage to see this through to the Courts so that we have at least a chance of hearing an independent decision.

PS - does anyone know please what the new building work is between VT3 and Pattaya Park (just inside the VT3 boundary wall) and very near to the beach?

Just asking.

I know that some have received their documents but not all, I think. I heard, rumour only, that Indochine had financial problems, this is purely heresay so do not give it any credance however there is a saying about smoke and fire, I seem to remember.

Just asking.

Press_Release.doc

Just asking.

I know that some have received their documents but not all, I think. I heard, rumour only, that Indochine had financial problems, this is purely heresay so do not give it any credance however there is a saying about smoke and fire, I seem to remember.

Please be very careful what you say in this forum, heresay can get people into huge trouble.

Just asking.

Please be very careful what you say in this forum, heresay can get people into huge trouble.

I agree and all through my comment I stated that it was heresay. Certainly got a rise out of you though. Just stirring things up, I recall someone else saying that earlier in this thread. Please do not make threatening or what could be thought to be threatening statements here either please. I also gave a positive to your company by stating that I had heard that people were indeed in possession of their deeds of title. Lighten up and lay off the Littigeous Light stick with a heineken or 2. :o

Oh yeah and don't take yourself so seriously it does not become you.

Just asking.

I agree and all through my comment I stated that it was heresay. Certainly got a rise out of you though. Just stirring things up, I recall someone else saying that earlier in this thread. Please do not make threatening or what could be thought to be threatening statements here either please. I also gave a positive to your company by stating that I had heard that people were indeed in possession of their deeds of title. Lighten up and lay off the Littigeous Light stick with a heineken or 2. :o

Oh yeah and don't take yourself so seriously it does not become you.

Thank you, you're correct there are only a few of people waiting for title deeds. Some more were given yesterday and there are a couple more due to arrive from Bangkok next week. I understand the meaning of hearsay but such comments could be misinterpreted by others. Now, where's that Heineken?!

I have received information that the Administrative Court will have two hearings in August.

August1 at 10:00AM the Bangkok Supreme Administrative Court will give it's decision concerning VT7 appeal at the Rayong Admin Court Building . VT7 asked the court for promising to start back to work.

August 8 at 10:00 the Administrative Court of Rayong their will have the finial hearing or arguments concerning the Pattaya City Hall issuances of the questionable building permit.

They have some very good news. Rayong Adm Court received a letter from Bangkok Department of Civil Engineering and City Planning. In the letter they give a answerer to Rayong Administrative Court inquiry concerning Ministerial Regulations Issue 8 and 9. It states that Ministerial Regulations Issue 8 (old law) had not specifies were the 100 meter measurement was be taken at or the start from.

But Ministerial Regulations Issue 9 has specified that the 200 meters measurement be taken only at MSL (mean sea level) to the shore side.

VT7 questionable building permit was give to build at 100 meters from the MSL line. Ministerial Regulations Issue 9 specified that the 200 meters measurement be taken at MSL (mean sea level). VT7 is 100 to close to the MSL line. It looks like the stopvt7 group has a strong case for the final hearing at Administrative Court in Rayong on August 8.

Good luck to the stopvt7 group!

Have just received a phonecall from a friend who states that VT7 will resume work following the hearing at the administrative court.

Sorry I don't have any further information or details about the particulars.

Perhaps StopVT7 or other posters who are involved in this can shed any more light?

WE WON! The August 1, 2007 answer to VT7 appeal at the Bangkok Supreme Administrative Court was that VT7 can not build over 14 meters high building.

The court upheld Ministerial Regulations Issue 9 has specified that they must be over 200 meters from MSL before they may build over 14 meters.

VT7 started their 27 story building at 100 from the MSL line so their 100 meters to close to the shore line.

Now, on to the final hearing on August 8, 2007 at Administrative Court in Rayong,

Thailand is a country of laws! :o

Amazing???

About one hours ago , boss in vt saleoffice, took a call to me and told that work shall continue now and payment should start too :D

VT7 may build up to 14 meters in high and then they must stop construction as per the Supreme Administrative Court order! That is 14 meters or about 3 stories. What floor is your purchase on?

They have started work today at noon!! Why use and 3 meter foundation for 14 meters high building?

Ask him for a copy of the court order. The last page will explain it all. The order is in Thai so take some one who can read and explain the Thai to you. :o:D

The Supreme Administrative Court order upheld the Ministerial Regulations Issue 9 which specified that they must be over 200 meters from MSL mean sea level line before they may build over 14 meters. :D

Amazing???

About one hours ago , boss in vt saleoffice, took a call to me and told that work shall continue now and payment should start too :o

If the courts order “upheld the Ministerial Regulations Issue 9 which specified that they must be over 200 meters from MSL mean sea level line before they may build over 14 meters.” Is asking for payment for condo units on floors which will not built committing fraud?

fraud >noun: 1; wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain. 2; a person intending or thing intended to deceive.

This is getting interesting, look out and be careful?

I just contacted VT-office and the manager over there told me that they will start construction again tomorrow and that my units on the 11th floor will be build as planned, just with a delay.

Amazing! The Supreme Admin Court order vt7 not to build over 14 meters or about 4 stories.

Vt7 is told you they are build your condo on the 11 floor. Are they going to build all the 27 stories?

This is getting interesting. Can vt7 piss on the court and get away with it?

I just contacted VT-office and the manager over there told me that they will start construction again tomorrow and that my units on the 11th floor will be build as planned, just with a delay.

Amazing! The Supreme Admin Court order vt7 not to build over 14 meters or about 4 stories.

Vt7 is told you they are build your condo on the 11 floor. Are they going to build all the 27 stories?

He told me everything will continue as planned, so if my 11th floor will be there, nr. 27 will be as well.

Or maybe they plan to reduce the ceiling heights to about 50 cm, so we have to crawl into our appartments... :o

He told me everything will continue as planned, so if my 11th floor will be there, nr. 27 will be as well.

Or maybe they plan to reduce the ceiling heights to about 50 cm, so we have to crawl into our appartments... :D

Has any one received an e-mail message from VT7 requesting you to stare making payments on you VT7 condo? :o

http://www.bangkokpost.com/Business/02Aug2007_biz99.php

PROPERTY / JOMTIEN COMPLEX

Pattaya high-rise protesters win court battle Residents of the Jomthien Complex Condotel have won a case at the Bangkok Supreme Administrative Court affirming their request for a temporary halt to the construction of a high-rise condominium on Jomthien beach in Pattaya.

The court upheld the decision of the Administrative Court in Rayong in a dispute that centred on the construction of the 1.15-billion-baht View Talay Jomthien Project 7, which would rise 27 storeys or about 81 metres.

The final hearing on whether the project could proceed in its present form is scheduled to be held in the Rayong Court next Wednesday.

The dispute centres on whether a project of the height in question could be constructed at the location, as the 10 plaintiffs argued that buildings cannot exceed 14 metres in height on the site because it is less than 200 metres from the mean sea level.

View Talay Jomthien Condominium (1999) Co Ltd, the project's developer, explained to the Supreme Administrative Court that halting construction would cause damages of about 500 million baht to the company.

When the court in Rayong issued its injunction to halt the construction in April, the company had already invested about 100 million baht in the project, which is scheduled to be complete in 2009. Therefore, the company appealed the decision of the Rayong court and asked to continue with the construction.

Richard Haines, one of the plaintiffs, said the Supreme Administration Court's decision upheld the Interior Ministry's regulation No. 9, announced in 1978, which allows only buildings of no more than 14 metres high to be built in areas 200 metres from the mean sea level.

''View Talay started its 27-storey building at 100 metres from the mean sea level, so the project is 100 metres too close to the shoreline,'' he said.

:o

Amazing! Vt7 starts with flurry of construction activity and they are calling for payments to be made from condo buyers. So obviously View Talay has their own interpretation of the decision and they just going to ignore the court decision?

I just heard that vt7 is violating the court order. The court said they could build up to 14 meters but they need a new building permit and plans to build a 14 meter building.

The old permit was wrongful issued for a 27 story building.

Their a new dog in this fight! The court order!

Amazing! Place your bets!

From my reading of the article in Bangkok Post the Supreme Admin Court has said that VT cannot do any work at this time. BKK Post says that there is a final hearing next Wednesday at the Rayong Admin Court on whether the project can proceed as presently planned, i.e. 27 storeys. Will a decision be made next Wednesday?

Or maybe they plan to reduce the ceiling heights to about 50 cm, so we have to crawl into our appartments... :D

Has any one received an e-mail message from VT7 requesting you to stare making payments on you VT7 condo? :o

Friends tell me after visiting the VT office that payments are requested as usual and they (VT) seem optimistic about next Wednesday's decision.

There is activity at the construction site. I don't know if they're just moving material and equipment around or actually doing any building. Perhaps others can comment.

Supposedly VT has broken ground or will soon on a new luxury hotel by VT3 (near Pattaya Park). It will be a low-rise like the Avalon stepping to high-rise. Maybe someone would like to take a walk down the beach and confirm.