Development of online TM30 and 90 Days ?

We came back home yesterday from a nice holiday in Chiang Mai and Sukhothai, my wife made the required TM30 report in the evening. We have started making these TM30 after out of province trips this September.

Today I made an on line 90 days and to my big surprise after a couple of failure, probably due to the lack of available sessions, I got my report through, and instantly approved: “see you on January 28”.

So, I am wondering if they are checking if the last TM30 reported address matched the 90 days report address. If not, which was my case for all my earlier reports, the would have forwarded the report to the relevant IO for verification and approval, hence the 3 or 4 days delay. If yes, they’d let the computer send the approval right away.

My little theory is also backed by the fact that the IO name and “signature” remained blank today.

So, it seems they make some progress, but on the downside, they have the means to automate the issuance of fines when we have inconsistent address reports. ????

CW stated, when they set up my TM30 reporting using the Section38 online app, that they only require us to notify them via TM30 when we exit and reenter Thailand. They do not require notification when we visit anywhere in Thailand and return home.

2 hours ago, Estrada said:

CW stated, when they set up my TM30 reporting using the Section38 online app, that they only require us to notify them via TM30 when we exit and reenter Thailand. They do not require notification when we visit anywhere in Thailand and return home.

Same in Sisaket

I would be very surprised if there is a linkage between the online TM30 and 90-days reporting as you are suggesting.

Reason for my doubt is that you can file TM30s also in person or by mail to your provincial IO, and in that case the documents are simply filed but the data NOT inputted in the nation-wide IO TM30 database.

Also, there have been several reports that the on-line 90-days reporting website which originally worked fine, wasn't working anymore.  So your successful uploading of your 90-days report might just be due to the fact that they finally got it working again.