when to pay for used motobike ?

kiever

hello , i decided to buy a second hand motobike from its owner but owner told me i should first deposit money to his account and then go to land transport authority together to transfer bike to my name with greenboook. i dont know this is normal or not in thailand ?  in my country usually people pay when they give documents to  relevant  authority for transfer process.
first time i will buy used motobike in thailand and therefore i wanted to ask it.is it ok to transfer money first and go together with owner to land transport authority ? or i shouldnt transfer money unless we give paperworks to the authority for transfer of motobike.

If it's a reputable shop or establishment you can pay before. In my case I transferred some of the money and handed over the rest in the shop and got all the documents signed, plus power of attorney, and given to me with the bike, then I went to the DLT myself later and did the transfer... 

Providing  the ID matches the green book and he provides you with a copy of blue tabien... Or LOR if foreigner and signed transfer document... You can pay fully and go to the transport office alone.  Thousands of transactions  done daily like this.... I would never shaparone a buyer for my vehicle to the transport office, no need whatsoever ... Not everything  is a scam

Just now, baansgr said:

And what about the seller.... Once it's transferred and the buyer won't pay.?????

I reckon if the transaction has progressed to the book transfer stage everything is above board.

Be a <deleted> move by the buyer to pull the non payment stuff and if the seller is Thai it will only end badly for the buyer.