Thai public asked for views on hemp legalization for industrial and medicinal purposes

rooster59

Thai public asked for views on hemp legalization for industrial and medicinal purposes

อนุทิน-ชาญวีรกุล02-728x485.jpg

Anutin Charnvirakul, the leader of the Bhumjaithai party gestures during an interview with Reuters in Bangkok, Thailand, November 22, 2017. Picture taken November 22, 2017. REUTERS/Panu Wongcha-um

Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul is urging members of the public to give their opinions about a draft ministerial regulation, which would allow each household to grow up to 0.06 hectares of hemp plants.

Mr. Anutin’s concept is to make hemp a new cash crop for Thai farmers. The plant contains two important chemicals, namely tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabinoid (CBD), and is related to
cannabis.

Currently, hemp is classed as a Category 5 narcotic, in accordance with the Narcotics Act and, hence, cultivation of hemp is currently illegal.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-public-asked-for-views-on-hemp-legalization-for-industrial-and-medicinal-purposes/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-11-02

Well I just googled 0.06 hectares and it answered 600 square metres which is 30 by 20 meters which is great for growing high grade high THC level plants which would be all I need to sustain my consumption for medicinal purposes but it would also be great to be able to grow 60 Rai of industrial hemp.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

10 % THC in the oil in Chiang Mai. Still not legal. 

Not sure I follow.Do you mean the oil you buy in Chiang Mai is not legal or the oil that has 10% THC is not legal?I get oil from Bangkok from a shop and it has THC though I'm not sure of the percentage and it seems to be legal.Or are you saying if you get tested positive for THC then it's illegal even though you bought it legally?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, justin case said:

backwards country thailand, that in 2019 sees CBD with no THC as a class WHATEVER drug

I'm waiting for the smoke to clear (pun intended) on the legalisation process before I pass judgement and when it does clear I'm sure Thailand will still be a backwards country.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Hey Tayaout thanks for this link which is very helpful as I have found the nearest cannabis clinic to me is in Ubon Rachathani which is 100kms away but I often go there and will be visiting this clinic next visit to Ubon,gee I might even make a special trip to see if I can get a prescription.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Currently, hemp is classed as a Category 5 narcotic, in accordance with the Narcotics Act and, hence, cultivation of hemp is currently illegal.

I can't wait until Anutin clears up the confusion and makes it legal for farmers to grow.I wish he gave a time frame for the passage of the legislation.I like the idea of 20 by 30 meters better than the 6 plants per house hold limit as I can fit more than 6 plants in the 600 square meters.