Terminator: Dark Fate Disappoints At The US Box Office

snoop1130

Terminator: Dark Fate Disappoints At The US Box Office

By James White

terminator-dark-fate-excl.jpg

Despite the hopes for the future of the franchise with James Cameron back more directly involved and the return of Linda Hamilton to the films, Terminator: Dark Fate is not proving to be the shot in the arm it promised.

While it opened top of the US box office this weekend, it launched to just $29 million, according to studio estimates.

Arriving well below predictions, the film cost more $200 million to make and market, and hasn't delivered in either the States or overseas, where it has earned $123.6 million worldwide in this first weekend.

Not a complete flop, then, but hardly the hit that Paramount and Disney/Fox were looking for. It's also only a couple of million ahead of 2015's Terminator Genisys, which put paid to previous franchise plans.

Full Story: https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/terminator-dark-fate-james-cameron-us-box-office/

• Thanks 1

Sorry. Some call me an ageist. But a 63 year old heroine, and a 72 year old hero does not appeal to most of us. As old as I am, I do not need to see seniors restoring order to the world. And Hamilton as an action hero is simply further evidence of the extreme emasculation taking place in the US. Some of us object to what is going on. Come on. Really? Are younger, sexy, pretty actresses really that objectionable, in this day and age? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Sorry. Some call me an ageist. But a 63 year old heroine, and a 72 year old hero does not appeal to most of us. As old as I am, I do not need to see seniors restoring order to the world.

If you're looking for realism, it sure as heck isn't going to be the Millenials restoring order to the world, lol.

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Are younger, sexy, pretty actresses really that objectionable, in this day and age? 

Apparently you've never seen any of the Avengers movies.  

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

If you're looking for realism, it sure as heck isn't going to be the Millenials restoring order to the world, lol.

Apparently you've never seen any of the Avengers movies.  

Zoe Saldana is the only one in those films who I would describe as hot. Scarlett? If you like the 1950's look. Chubby and sort of cute. Hollywood is scared to death of really hot actresses, these days. It is truly pathetic. An entire industry that is totally emasculated.