Don't write anything in your passport or you won't be able to fly

webfact

I am really struggling to believe this ... this symbol is on the page for personal information, and has no bearing on stamps, permits, visa, or validations.  And who exactly has the authority to stop someone from boarding an aircraft, if all the stamps and visas are correct. and all OFFICIAL pages are in tact?  It is actually by chance anyone would even look at this page!  If they were not allowed to board ... this is not the reason.

This thread is about not being able to fly with an altered passport well you want some real fun, wait until a Thai agency makes a mistake on your Visa

One year New York Congen missed the -A on my newly acquired O-A Long Stay Visa, and even though the IO could see that It said O multiple and cost $200, he would only sign me in for 30 days.  I was required to go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs so a clerk could put my Passport into a typewriter and type the A on the visa

I then had to go to Bangkok Immigration to be stamped in for my year, learned later that I could have had it stamped in Jomtien,  but I just followed instructions and did what the clerk told me to do @ MFA 

10 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

would only sign me in for 30 days.

Do you mean 90 days?

Non Immigrant "O" multiple also costs 200 USD, is also valid for 12 months, and allows a permission of stay of 90 days per entry.

I understand that you corrected your visa category at MFA, and then got your entry stamp corrected, I just don't understand why he did not stamp you for 90 days initially.

1 hour ago, lkv said:

Do you mean 90 days?

Non Immigrant "O" multiple also costs 200 USD, is also valid for 12 months, and allows a permission of stay of 90 days per entry.

I understand that you corrected your visa category at MFA, and then got your entry stamp corrected, I just don't understand why he did not stamp you for 90 days initially.

He may have, but when you pay for a multi year visa, 90 or 30 make no difference, it's still a PITA, with no one accepting responsibility, especially when the Passport had 4 used O-A Visas.  Took a cable from NY to get it done correctly  

On 11/5/2019 at 10:34 AM, metempsychotic said:

Staples, and notes by immigration  are considered defacing?  You are a sensitive soul.

Nothing may be added, attached of changed !

In fact a sticker with a visum, a 90-day with a staple, changing of stamped visas are not allowed.

Of course the wording was invented before stickers appeared on the scene, but staples are in fact damaging the passport pages......

On 11/5/2019 at 10:30 AM, Bournville said:

Thailand government has defaced my USA passport many many times the bloody hypocrites!! Lots of staples..jotting down notes on several pages. NO OTHER country has done this to me. None!

One time I had to visit immigration the IO had the brilliant idea to be useful and remove all the staples they've put there. Took him about five minutes to get half a kilo of them out.

13 minutes ago, Nsp64 said:

The fact remains that someone thought that a few scribbles in their passport would protect them from danger when travelling abroad.

Totally childish and insecure.

As the person was not allowed to travel, I think it worked well ????

On 11/5/2019 at 6:55 PM, sunnyboy2018 said:

Then you have never worked in the MENA region.

I don't think he has much experience at all, my passport is a collection of notes, staplessignatures, annotations etc. From eastern and western countries. 

It is a travel document. It is meant to be used. Immigration officers from both your home country and any country you visit are authorized to make marks or add stamps as required. Barring any significant damage or alteration to content officers are expected to accept normal wear and tear in a document asong as the chip, content and laminated photo page is sound. 

Archived