Bangkok Bank Code (Not Swift Code)

Hi, Forum.

Does anyone know the Bank Code for the Bangkok Bank? It’s a required field in a money transfer form, but it's separate from the SWIFT code. I have searched online, but I can only find reference to the SWIFT code. There’s still a field for that, but it’s no longer enough, apparently.

If I don’t hear back by tomorrow, I’ll pop in and ask at one of the local branches. I’ll then post an update here just in case anyone else is needs it in the future.

Thanks, in advance,

Stubby

1 minute ago, simon43 said:

Hmm, I've only ever been asked for the SWIFT code - it's BKKBTHBK, you should definitely not need any other routing code!

There's a field for it, Simon, and it's mandatory.

Hey, I assume you wish to have the possibility for other banks to locate a specific Bangkok Bank Branch in Thailand

Attached is a dokument with all branches and you will need to combine the numbers in section 1 and 2 for people in the business to be able to translate it to a specific branch.

If it´s not those numbers you are looking for, then you are probably metioning an International transfer, and the sending bank is asking for an IBAN. That is a common mistake they do, and they just have to be teached they are wrong, and that Thailand do not use IBAN. In that case it´s the swift code: BKKBTHBK

Bank Code - All Branches.xlsx

14 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

If you are talking IBAN that is not used here.  The name of bank, address and account number and perhaps SWIFT code should be all that is required.

It's most likely a UK or Europe thing. I got a message to say it's to do with new banking regulations. It was the same a couple of months back with the UK mobile-only phone number. I can't even do online transactions now without entering a code sent via SMS to a UK mobile. I might be wrong, but my guess is that online banking is in the process of adding extra security measures, at least in the UK or Europe.

4 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Hey, I assume you wish to have the possibility for other banks to locate a specific Bangkok Bank Branch in Thailand

Attached is a dokument with all branches and you will need to combine the numbers in section 1 and 2 for people in the business to be able to translate it to a specific branch.

Bank Code - All Branches.xlsx 606.14 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you, Matzzon ???? Going by the spreadsheet, the code is 002. I'll try that.

Just now, Stubby said:

Thank you, Matzzon ???? Going by the spreadsheet, the code is 002. I'll try that.

If it is the head office you mean, the code would be: 002 0000 (You have to combine the to section into one number. Otherwise there will be a lott of 002, which will mean nothing.

19 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

If it is the head office you mean, the code would be: 002 0000 (You have to combine the to section into one number. Otherwise there will be a lott of 002, which will mean nothing.

I'm only asked for the Bank Code, not the branch code (if there is such a thing). It also says the number is up to 3 digits, Matzzon. See attached. Note that the branch address (which isn't mine) auto-fills after entering the SWIFT Code.

BKKBnk.png

8 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I'm only asked for the Bank Code, not the branch code (if there is such a thing). It also says the number is up to 3 digits, Matzzon. See attached. Note that the branch address (which isn't mine) auto-fills after entering the SWIFT Code.

BKKBnk.png

I use switch all the time but never seen this. I would ask the bank

15 minutes ago, Stubby said:

BKKBnk.png

Ok, I can see that. If they only ask for 3 digits then it will suffice with 002, as the branch is autofilled. Actually my online bank also auotfill that adress, but they never ask for the code. That is because the swift code is originating from the head office, and all international fund transfers are received and administered to the right accounts from that office.

As I see it, all will be correct with only 002. Of course, I can not guarantee. ???? 

4 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I use switch all the time but never seen this. I would ask the bank

It's probably the best idea, but there's no harm in checking here first, in case others are familiar, Sunnyboy ???? 

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

Ok, I can see that. If they only ask for 3 digits then it will suffice with 002, as the branch is autofilled. Actually my online bank also auotfill that adress. That is because the swift code is originating from the head office.

As I see it, all will be correct with only 002. Of course, I can not guarantee. ???? 

I think so too, but I will check tomorrow and update here once I know ????

6 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Here is another information if you scroll down the page, you will find they say a 3 digit code works with XXX

https://bank-code.net/swift-code/BKKBTHBKXXX.html

Yes, but strange there's no such code simply called the 'Bank Code' like there is Branch and Swift. It would make life so much simpler lol ????

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

The first three digits of a Bangkok Bank account number is the branch code.

That's useful to know, thanks, LopBuri3 ???? I've just been through my bank book and there's no reference to a Bank Code in there, though. It must be an insignificant number - until now.

Howdy, folks.

OK, I've been informed that the Bank Code for the Bangkok Bank is indeed 002. Actually, the advice was to try it as it should be okay. We'll see ????

Thanks for all the input yesterday, it was much appreciated ????

Stubby

Archived