Motorbike exhausts must meet Euro 4 standards

webfact

24 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

The latest clean diesel (emissions) technology requires a regenerative exhaust system (regen) on diesel vehicles which utilizes DEF (aka Diesel Exhaust Fluid) to remove all particulates and meet clean air standards in the USA and other countries.  This is the common sense solution which is now mandatory in most countries that have pollution problems... not that common sense exists here (at ANY level).

That would be Euro 4, and Thailand complies with that standard already for diesels.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, CGW said:

Great ! ???? 

No more noisy motorbikes, all the aftermarket shops selling exhausts will go out of business ????

Not in my lifetime though, more pointless "we will" do and no meaningful action! 

Every morning I hear one guy going to work and I reckon he has a BS 4 exhaust fitted.

Back Street 4 shops down.

• Sad 1

Most motorcycles are already Euro 4 as the mandatory compliance in the EU that went into effect in 2016.

2020 will also see the effect of Euro 5 being mandatory for motorcycles sold in Europe. And since a lot of motorcycles assembled in Thailand are exported to Europe, most motorcycles sold in Thailand will also be Euro 5 already, apart from Thailand/Asia exclusive models that aren't exported. 

• Like 2

everyone with a pm2.5 meter please put them behind your scooters and then your cars and then diesel pickups and such..

It's the diesels!!!

Any bike of the last 30yrs regardless of exhaust mods creates very little pollutants unless severely out of tune, bad valves, combusting leaking oil and so on...

2strokes are pretty bad though.

This is more idiot bs this story....

I have race bikes that dont polute with straight through pipes and the only bike i do have that polutes is a 2017 2stroke trials bike.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seismic said:

What utter utter nonsense. The US pulled out of the Paris agreement for two simple reasons, Trump doesn't understand it and Trump wants to dismantle anything done under the administration of President Obama. As far as the 'technology to reduce pollution, yes, it was available to poor developing countries as long as they paid large amounts to rich developed countries. On top of that developed nations (like the US) are still some of the largest polluters in the world, so that kinda destroys your whole argument right there.

the tech is available to any nation free thru many souces, not really complicated.  The only thing I agree with is that the great Trump wants to dismantle anything done by Obama.   Why would ending the burning of farm waste and the jungle for planting of rubber trees, palm oil trees, etc and the control of vehicle pollution cost them any more?