Motorbike exhausts must meet Euro 4 standards

webfact

Oh.. come on.. exhaust pipes have NOTHING to do with emissions... err that is the engine.. by the way.. oh and many here will hate this from all those thinking this post will mean less noise from exhaust pipes but a fact us that loud pipes save lives, especially here in Thailand.. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/7/2019 at 3:01 PM, webfact said:

“This draft regulation underlines the government’s determination to solve the pollution caused by motorcycles,” Ratchada added. “Thailand’s emission standard is currently at the sixth level or equivalent to Euro 3.”

Woooow! This is really a "sensible" thing, what do you do with the cars, trucks, buses, factories and fires that burn daily throughout Thailand including Bangkok?
Wake up it's time to take giant steps if you really want to have an improvement.

On 11/7/2019 at 12:37 AM, watso63 said:

Noisy pipes save lives ????️????️????️

Then why do you think they have regulations against it?  Why do we even have mufflers at all if it 'saves lives'?

That's just an excuse that people use to pretend it's not because they never got enough attention as a child.

On 11/7/2019 at 3:37 PM, watso63 said:

They don't, and they play havoc with the serene co-existance of folks in the community.

Noisy motorcycles tend to be ridden by yobbos whose irresponsible attitude is, "Look out for me because I sure ain't going to look out for you".

4 minutes ago, Aj Mick said:
On 11/7/2019 at 3:37 PM, watso63 said:

They don't, and they play havoc with the serene co-existance of folks in the community.

Noisy motorcycles tend to be ridden by yobbos whose irresponsible attitude is, "Look out for me because I sure ain't going to look out for you".

They do !!! 
In a car you always hear a loud bike before you see it, becoming aware of of a motorcycle near you sooner is far safer for the rider. That’s a well known point and one which leaves little room for dispute. 

Equally so, loud modified exhausts are somewhat antisocial, there’s little room for debate there too. 

A lot of you guys are confusing noise with the regulations on emissions - hardly surprising due to how the article is written.  However, EURO4 is not about noise - its about emmissions so its not only the exhaust that matters. The bike as a whole must meet the required standard which may mean re-design of the combustion chambers and injection system etc. etc. A noisy exhaust, whilst usually not improving performance at all, without a remap etc. (you just think it does), does not necessarily mean more pollution.

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

They do !!! 
In a car you always hear a loud bike before you see it, becoming aware of of a motorcycle near you sooner is far safer for the rider. That’s a well known point and one which leaves little room for dispute. 

Equally so, loud modified exhausts are somewhat antisocial, there’s little room for debate there too. 

Plenty of room for dispute...... where's the evidence to support your assertion?

When I hear a loud motorcycle I just hear a racket, have no idea where it is coming from, and get distracted from the task at hand, namely operating a motor vehicle.

https://riders.drivemag.com/features/why-loud-pipes-don-t-save-lives

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/stop-saying-loud-pipes-save-lives

On 11/11/2019 at 7:47 AM, Aj Mick said:

Serene co-existance???

I suggest you actually come to Thailand before making silly comments such as this.

Archived