Need a lawyer to write "Letter of Warning" to Condo Board of Directors and Adjacent Condo Owner

miketu

Hi all, I live in a condo on the 25th floor of a high rise condo building just south of Cha Am.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a good lawyer in Cha Am or Hua Hin to write a "Letter of Warning" addressed to Condo Board of Directors and the owner of the condo adjacent to my condo who plans to have a two to three month major reconstruction of their condo beginning in January while I am on holiday living in my condo? 

The adjacent condo owner (who does not live in their condo) has refused to postpone the reconstruction until after I vacate my condo in April although the reconstruction contractor stated they have no problem rescheduling the reconstruction until after I leave in April.

I need a lawyer to write a legal letter in Thai to the adjacent condo owner and the Condo Association Board of Directors warning that they will be held liable for any stress related illness and/or death that I and/or my wife may suffer for the up to three months of horrible reconstruction noise (8 hours daily) if the reconstruction proceeds in January.  I and my wife are both in poor health and we have no other place to live in Thailand.

The adjacent condo to be reconstructed shares a common wall the length of my condo including our bedroom!

Thank you.

Seems unlikely you will be able to achieve a delay and the work you describe will be very disturbing. They may sugest you postpone your visit until the work is finished, or is that not possible?  If not, then it will be better for you to rent somewhere else surely? And maybe you can find a tenant for yours who works in the day so will not be disturbed by the noise.

You don't make it clear whether you are a renter or owner. If an owner, why not just rent somewhere else for the duration? For a renter, easy. Just move, and tell your landlord you didn't sign up for three months of noise.

The amount you are going to spend on lawyers fighting this would probably be equivalent to the rent anyway. The lawyer writes the letter, then what? I can't see the adjoining owner lying down for you. He'll probably hire his own lawyer.

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You don't make it clear whether you are a renter or owner. If an owner, why not just rent somewhere else for the duration? For a renter, easy. Just move, and tell your landlord you didn't sign up for three months of noise.

The amount you are going to spend on lawyers fighting this would probably be equivalent to the rent anyway. The lawyer writes the letter, then what? I can't see the adjoining owner lying down for you. He'll probably hire his own lawyer.

They will not even need a lawyer. 

25 minutes ago, miketu said:

...warning that they will be held liable for any stress related illness and/or death that I and/or my wife may suffer for the up to three months of horrible reconstruction noise (8 hours daily) if the reconstruction proceeds in January.

Don't waste your time or money, there's no way you could ever enforce that.

39 minutes ago, miketu said:

the owner of the condo adjacent to my condo who plans to have a two to three month major reconstruction of their condo beginning in January while I am on holiday living in my condo? 

You can huff and puff as much as you like, but unfortunately the best scenario for you would be to let go and holiday in another condominium when you come over, alternatively the cheapest alternative for you would be to cancel your holiday and take it at a later date, perhaps after the works have been carried out, as I said before, let it go, because if you want to hold it, you will own it, and we can't control, what we can't control, the world goes on. 

36 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Probably not, although it depends on how far the OP wants to go with it.

OP can go all the way & result will be the same...money lost on a lawyer that cannot change the basic right to preform work during working hours.

Of course there is probably a cut off times like 4:30 at most condo's but he as an owner has no right to silence work during work hours.

1 hour ago, Firefan said:

That is the price for living in a condo unfortunately. As long as they only work in normal work hours/week days there is really nothing you can do, unless they are willing to be flexible. Cheers!

9 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

yet one more reason not to buy, or indeed rent, a condo here. 

Never realised it could be this bad. But I guess, renovations are necessary as time goes by...

that they will be held liable for any stress related illness and/or death that I and/or my wife may suffer for the up to three months of horrible reconstruction noise 

Thanks for the unintended humor...made me laugh out loud.

Everyday I deal with street noise that wakes me up at all hours of the night...keep your windows closed...turn the TV up...get the headset someone has suggested already...don't bring more pain to yourself by overreacting...

This is Thailand...it is a noisy place to live at times...????

44 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

that they will be held liable for any stress related illness and/or death that I and/or my wife may suffer for the up to three months of horrible reconstruction noise 

Thanks for the unintended humor...made me laugh out loud.

Everyday I deal with street noise that wakes me up at all hours of the night...keep your windows closed...turn the TV up...get the headset someone has suggested already...don't bring more pain to yourself by overreacting...

This is Thailand...it is a noisy place to live at times...????

I live in a fairly quiet location, but just recently, some old boy on a cart and bike sings his way around the place just after first light, trying to sell some of the fish he obviously caught during the night. I guess its all part of the 'colour' of living here, but it is  might irritating, as he has a terrible high pitched squeaky voice. 

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

yet one more reason not to buy, or indeed rent, a condo here. 

What? Renting is ideal, because one can walk out any time one pleases. It's owners who get the short end of the stick in the OP's situation.

If you are in a house, there's nothing to say an a###hole neighbor can't make your life hell with loud music as well.

48 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

What? Renting is ideal, because one can walk out any time one pleases. It's owners who get the short end of the stick in the OP's situation.

If you are in a house, there's nothing to say an a###hole neighbor can't make your life hell with loud music as well.

That is true all over the world, but I just couldn't stand condo neighbours all round, up and down, left and right, the almost certain noise and lack of privacy would drive me to distraction.  I can play my music at top belt and stomp around all day and not disturb anyone much. Can't do that in a condo.  I also don't have a condo council of interfering 'members' telling me the rules of living my life.  In my house, it's my rules, or at least Mrs P's rules. I would never swap a house for a condo, bad neighbours not withstanding. Mine by the way, are great.  Nobody at all one side of me and the other side are as good as Gold.  

17 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

That is true all over the world, but I just couldn't stand condo neighbours all round, up and down, left and right, the almost certain noise and lack of privacy would drive me to distraction.  I can play my music at top belt and stomp around all day and not disturb anyone much. Can't do that in a condo.  I also don't have a condo council of interfering 'members' telling me the rules of living my life.  In my house, it's my rules, or at least Mrs P's rules. I would never swap a house for a condo, bad neighbours not withstanding. Mine by the way, are great.  Nobody at all one side of me and the other side are as good as Gold.  

I'd agree a lot of condos have walls as thin as paper. Fortunately , I live in one where the walls are thick enough to damp out a brass band.

I don't have any problems with condo rules. I am occasionally entertained when I am in the corridor by a neighbor whose GF / wife is very loud when they are bonking.

Archived