Receiving satellite signals (1.7m meshed dish, c-band)

harrythai

I have a satellite dish (PSI open meshed 1.7 m) and want to receive c-band.

Orderd a new digital smart TV (sharp 4T-C40AH1X) with a built in digital tuner (DVB-T2) and Internet connection (WiFi/LAN).

sharp.JPG.839eea32571206a291629b62d0563619.JPG

My question is, if I need a PSI set-top-box to receive all c-band channels or if it's enough to connect the antenna cable direct with the tv?

Thank you in advance for your helps :-)

Harry

I don't think there is anything really worth viewing on Satellite dish any more,

unless it's Indian or Chinese,give up Satellites years ago now,as its so easy to

stream almost anything you want from the Internet.

You should not need a box ,as you said the Tv had DVB T2 ,just connect cable

from satellite to Tv, but you are going to have to know where the Satellite is

in the sky to point the dish to it.

regards worgeordie

Assume you already have the required LNA in the C-Band antenna and it has signal.  You will need a C-band tuner and PSI is a good model.  It will provide about 300 channels including all the normal land transmission channels.  You will not need the TV digital tuner or another antenna.  Channel list below.

https://psisat.com/c-band/

Edited by lopburi3

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I don't think there is anything really worth viewing on Satellite dish any more,

unless it's Indian or Chinese,give up Satellites years ago now,as its so easy to

stream almost anything you want from the Internet.

You should not need a box ,as you said the Tv had DVB T2 ,just connect cable

from satellite to Tv, but you are going to have to know where the Satellite is

in the sky to point the dish to it.

regards worgeordie

Thank you for this information. The tv is for my Thai girlfriend, I don't watch tv. So the Thai channels will match ????

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Assume you already have the required LNA in the C-Band antenna and it has signal.  You will need a C-band tuner and PSI is a good model.  It will provide about 300 channels including all the normal land transmission channels.  You will not need the TV digital tuner or another antenna.  Channel list below.

https://psisat.com/c-band/

Yes, I have the LNA with 1 exit. You mean the antenna direct to the tv won't work? C-band tuner is a set-top-box, right?

33 minutes ago, harrythai said:

Yes, I have the LNA with 1 exit. You mean the antenna direct to the tv won't work? C-band tuner is a set-top-box, right?

Yes - it is a special tuner that is auto programed to the available C band channels by PSI - it has nothing to do with TV (will connect via HDMI to TV).  These S2 models work well (have 4 in use) and are only about 400 baht.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/psi-s2-hd-auto-ota-i265416652-s413097672.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.5.311969b6JArjtt&search=1

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Yes - it is a special tuner that is auto programed to the available C band channels by PSI - it has nothing to do with TV (will connect via HDMI to TV).  These S2 models work well (have 4 in use) and are only about 400 baht.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/psi-s2-hd-auto-ota-i265416652-s413097672.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.5.311969b6JArjtt&search=1

Okay, I understood, thank you. I see there are also PSI S3-Hybrid boxes available. Worth to buy (580 Baht)?

5 minutes ago, harrythai said:

Okay, I understood, thank you. I see there are also PSI S3-Hybrid boxes available. Worth to buy (580 Baht)?

You have smart TV with wi-fi as well as the DVB T2 tuner for over the air so probably not needed but might make it easier to use if wife actually wants to watch internet TV as well as cable (probably easier to use one remote to switch modes/channels).

22 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You have smart TV with wi-fi as well as the DVB T2 tuner for over the air so probably not needed but might make it easier to use if wife actually wants to watch internet TV as well as cable (probably easier to use one remote to switch modes/channels).

Thank you so much for your great helps - much appreciated! Every Questions are answered and I can move on. Have a great day ????