Buying or importing gold coins in Thailand

Maybe I am wrong (I hope I am) but it appears to be difficult to buy gold coins (Chinese panda, Canadian mapple leaf...) in Thailand. 

I am talking about new coins, fresh from the mint, not second or third hand coins in a corner of a small shop. 

Other countries, such as Singapore, offer plenty of opportunities, including buying online, but I can't find anything in Thailand. 

Yet, before placing an order, I would like to know what to expect from the Thai customs upon receiving gold coins. 

Do any of you have some experience with importing gold coins, or have you found a reliable source to buy them in Thailand? 

if your intention on buying those coins are for collection and not investment then I have not tried importing them before but reckon you would be taxed or the dealer will not ship to you in the first place. Singapore is probably best place to buy those coins in the region. Maybe take a flight there to buy them? Or if anyone you know flies Emirates maybe pick up some for you at Dubai airport. 

if your intention is for investment or for savings then there is no better place to buy gold than within thailand itself. there is such a small margin between buying and selling and secondly gold is so liquid here. Aurora which has shops in many malls is where I buy bar from. Need money back just sell back to them with a margin of 100 baht, its really a good deal. You can also order online from Ausiris which make quite a number of collective gold bars. I tell everyone why look elsewhere for gold when Thailand is the best place to  buy and sell it at. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tigerbeer said:

if your intention on buying those coins are for collection and not investment then I have not tried importing them before but reckon you would be taxed or the dealer will not ship to you in the first place. Singapore is probably best place to buy those coins in the region. Maybe take a flight there to buy them? Or if anyone you know flies Emirates maybe pick up some for you at Dubai airport. 

if your intention is for investment or for savings then there is no better place to buy gold than within thailand itself. there is such a small margin between buying and selling and secondly gold is so liquid here. Aurora which has shops in many malls is where I buy bar from. Need money back just sell back to them with a margin of 100 baht, its really a good deal. You can also order online from Ausiris which make quite a number of collective gold bars. I tell everyone why look elsewhere for gold when Thailand is the best place to  buy and sell it at. 

I have already many small Thai gold bars. 

I want coins for diversification. 

Gold coins, such as the Chinese panda, have an international fixed price, which is not the case for Thai gold, in whatever shape. 

Thai gold is great as long as you buy and sell locally, but I think coins are better if you want to deal outside Thailand. 

8 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

I have already many small Thai gold bars. 

I want coins for diversification. 

Gold coins, such as the Chinese panda, have an international fixed price, which is not the case for Thai gold, in whatever shape. 

Thai gold is great as long as you buy and sell locally, but I think coins are better if you want to deal outside Thailand. 

agree for collection not for investment. cannot get back close to what i would pay for it when i need to sell it back. different priorities i guess.