Hackintosh Thread

atyclb

I am actually in the market for a laptop sometime early next year. I  was waiting for the rumored 16" macbook pro to be released, but was disappointed with some features or lack of. But I do like the operating system a lot.

What makes a regular laptop compatible or non-compatible to use OSX?

Are there any downsides of installing mac osx on a regular laptop? ie software not upgradeable or difficult to do?

5 hours ago, NiwPix said:

I am actually in the market for a laptop sometime early next year. I  was waiting for the rumored 16" macbook pro to be released, but was disappointed with some features or lack of. But I do like the operating system a lot.

What makes a regular laptop compatible or non-compatible to use OSX?

Are there any downsides of installing mac osx on a regular laptop? ie software not upgradeable or difficult to do?

there are many websites that show which laptops are compatable as people have installed mac os on them and usually post how they did it.  sometimes if you want internal wifi to work you must swap wifi card otherwise use usb wifi.  helps to be computer savvy, not as in programmer but hobbyist.  

https://www.hackintoshshop.com/1202/best-hackintosh-laptops-2017-2018/

insanelymac .    tonymac86  

below is very interesting install on lg gram, worlds lightest laptop.  can probably get onboard sound to work. 

Archived