have I lost out on my Tourist Visa ?

Waited patiently for my TV to arrive. Nothing came.

I logged on and NOW see a print out E appointment or collection on a print out asking me to supply more documents by post or in person ???

Does this mean I should have sent this print out back to the Thai embassy?

I never got any confirmation e-mail / phone call or anything. Much less asking me to log back on and do a print out and post it with more copies of the same documents.

Advice please.

If I've lost the chance of my tourist visa ( I am NOT going to London for it) what are my best options to stay a full 90 days?

Thanks

1 hour ago, WhamBam said:

If I've lost the chance of my tourist visa ( I am NOT going to London for it) what are my best options to stay a full 90 days?

Enter using visa exemption (30 days). Extend that stay by 30 days at immigration for 1,900 baht. At the end of 60 days do a border run and on re-entry using visa exemption and you’ll receive another 30 days.

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you don’t have a recent history of tourist stays.

The airline that carry you might insist you have an onward flight (to anywhere) — dated within 30 days — if you travel without a tourist visa.

• Like 1

The airline from nearby country eg Saigon will 100% require onward flight if entering visa exempt to Los. I do this every month. As recent as Nov 14 watched lady held back at boarding gate. She had boarding pass. They still wanted to see onward flight. She did have. 

Please no one listen to "it might be required". 

For those that skipped through the net save your advice.

• Like 1

I am assuming you are still in the UK, but I dont know where you are based. Why not visit one of the Thai consulates in Hull, Edinburgh or Cardiff. They will issue while you wait I believe. Look up the requirements at the venue closest to you.

Edited by jimn

Whambam, did you use the online service for the London Thai consul ? Many people report its very complicated. But, it does say you have to go in person to pick up the passport with visa ! Only the documents are sent online. Have you checked all documents asked for and sent ? I think you can try and call them? You do need a return ticket , or a ticket out of Thailand within 30 days  ( a cheap ticket to Penang for example ) if you board your flight in GB without a visa. Then do as Elviajero above says.

Mine wasnt a SETV but a postal SE non imm O -90 day retirement. After my application was accepted and payment made, the confirmation had 2 or 3 documents with a barcode on it. I wasnt sure if I had to send the original copies of all the documents and photo that I had uploaded so I phoned the London embassy to find out. they said I only need send my passport and any one of the confirmation documents with the barcode on it. So did u send a print out of one of the confirmation docs. with a barcode on it? If u did then best to phone them to find out whats up. I was told by Cardiff only to phone after 2.30pm or 3.30pm, I forget which.

Edited by SunsetT

Where are you based? Just go to Hull or one of the other consulates and get a visa while you wait.

Until they get their act together and employ (read pay for) staff that can actually create software solutions that work, I wouldn't trust anything Thai that's online. The only Thai online service I've ever had that works continually is my online banking.  I did have TM30 registration but that stopped working a while ago.

Quite a lot of Thai websites are supposed to support other languages but on many of them when you click on 'Eng' for example, the link either doesn't work or most of the page is still written in Thai.

You would have thought that Thia Immigration would have learned from past mistakes and got it right with E-Visa but from the reports I've read about it, they haven't.

Edited by KhaoYai