Facebook hackers arrested in 34 million baht fraud

rooster59

Facebook hackers arrested in 34 million baht fraud

50-6.jpg

Image: INN News

The minister for the digital economy has given details about the arrest of two men for fraud under false pretences.

Phutthipong Punnakan along with technology police announced the arrest of Wuthiwat Cheunmano and Chawan Kornrangapphai.

The minister said that Wuthiwat had set up a bogus Facebook page offering jobs. 

Once people who contacted the site were convinced he used their data such as Thai ID numbers and phone numbers  for a variety of criminal activities. 

E-Wallets were set up and money was transferred between accounts and data was sold to online gaming groups for which Chawan received 10%. 

The fraud had been going on since 2016 and there were many complainants.

Turnover was 34 million baht. 

Source: INN News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-16

16 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Turnover was 34 million baht.

Ahha, turn over, in business school i was always told never to look at the turnover figures, look at the net figures after all expenses paid and also calculated depreciation and exchange rate fluctuations...

4 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

Computer criminals should be dealt with in the harshest manner possible, they are gutless scum, don,t have the balls to walk into a bank and say "Everyone on the floor" !

Yeah, because pointing weapons at people and potentially traumatizing them for life is much better. People who do that really have "guts"...

19 hours ago, ezzra said:

Ahha, turn over, in business school i was always told never to look at the turnover figures, look at the net figures after all expenses paid and also calculated depreciation and exchange rate fluctuations...

I used to say the exact same thing to my wifes sister, she used to rush round every time her next brain-wave idea of becoming rich brought in some cash.

She would say I made X-amount baht today... I would ask how much did you pay-out to get that money in?

The smile would soon disappear.

Her reply being that's not the point?

Archived