Help. Confusion with Extension of stay (marriage) under consideration.

I was extending my stay on marriage visa last 3 years, always coming 30-40 days before my permit expire, and getting new permit on the expiry day. Today I submitted my documents in Phuket for another extension, but was told to contact the office after 60 days. I pointed out that my visa will expire after 30 days, but was told " Its ok" and I "Talk too much". Does this stamp of "Application of stay under consideration" extending my original visa? I'm confused, please help  me to understand.

8 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Oh holy <deleted>, they told you to overstay. Maybe you should have that in text to prove you are NOT to blame when you come in too late for next extension.

glegolo

I have their stamp to  apply again in person on 17 Jan 2020, but my permit to stay expires on 20 Dec 2019.

under consideration for 30 days is perfectly usual.. You should have been given a formal extension and the return date stamped in. 

I dont understand how you have extended on the basis of marriage without that happening.. I have ALWAYS had to add 30 days to my current permission of stay, and twice they were not done at 30 and added another 30.. When the application of extension was granted I then had the 11 or 10 months more added. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The under consideration stamp allows you to stay until your extension is approved. 

It seems they started the 30 day report back date from the day your current permit to stay ends. Many offices do it that way.

Thank you for your answer,so I dont need to worry about expiry? I just never seen that as permit to stay and dont understand their logic.

20 minutes ago, Lorin said:

Thank you for your answer,so I dont need to worry about expiry? I just never seen that as permit to stay and dont understand their logic.

No need to worry about about your current permit to stay date. You can stay until you get your one year extension stamp.

All of my report dates have been after my permit to stay date due to the the office here starting the 30 days at the end of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/19/2019 at 5:57 PM, Lorin said:

I have their stamp to  apply again in person on 17 Jan 2020, but my permit to stay expires on 20 Dec 2019.

The under consideration stamp is effectively an extension to the permission to stay while they process the extension, but they can be a bit slack with it.

I went back on the day the under consideration stamp indicated, which happened to be a Friday. They said there wouldn't be anyone available to deal with it until later in the day and said it would be best if I went home and came back the following week, which meant Tuesday, Monday being a holiday.

I wasn't too happy with that and said we would wait. Fortunately it was only about an hour before the IO that deals with marriage extensions turned up for work.

On 11/19/2019 at 5:37 PM, Lorin said:

Does this stamp of "Application of stay under consideration" extending my original visa? I'm confused, please help  me to understand.

'Under consideration' is an indefinite leave to remain ........ until they make a decision.

Don't worry, they know where you live.

Edited by BritManToo