Do you lose your visa days if you only stay 1,5 month out of a 2 month visa?

If I visit Thailand regularly, how are they going to count visa days?

3x a 2 month visa = 6 months
or....
3x 1,5 month in the country = 4,5 months - ergo, can stay another 1,5 month with a tourist visa

So do they count the days you are actually in the country or the visa days?

• Confused 1

Each time you enter on a valid 2 month (Tourist) Visa, you are given a Permission to stay for 60 days. That can be extended for 30 days at a domestic immigration office. If you leave during that 60 days, that Permission is gone, unless you get a Re-Entry permit. That permit will be valid until the same date the permission to stay it applies to. If you are out of Thailand say 5 days, you return on the Re-Entry Permit and are stamped in until the date of that Permit. IE You do not get a 'refund' on the days out.

If you return on a tourist visa (you have a multiple or obtained a new one while outside Thailand) and no valid Re-Entry Permit, you are given a new Permission to stay for 60 days.

Clear as mud!

Edited by jacko45k

Since there are no official rules that restrict either the number of entries or number of days you can spend on tourist visas, there is no clearcut answer to your question. I believe the number of days in country is probably a more important criterion, but some officials might also be influenced by the number of times you visit. Currently, much more important than either is where you are trying to enter Thailand.

a multi entry tourist visa give you unlimited 60 day entry stamps up to the expiry date of the actual visa , therefore if you enter on the day before the expiry date, you can get a fresh 60 day stamp and extend by 30 days, so in fact the visa is good for a period of 9 months almost, but if you try and use it as a way to stay full time in Thailand, you may run into trouble entering at border/airport

You a

On 11/22/2019 at 5:12 PM, jackdd said:

I guess OP thinks there is a 180 day limit for staying in Thailand

Such a limit does not exist, if an IO should mention this he just made it up

You are right. I guess I confused myself. 

I can just keep going on visa runs.