Tot Adsl Server Problems

brianinbangkok

My TOT ADSL gives me download speeds of less then 3 KB/Sec... (1024/512 account)

This has been like this for 5 days now and its taking me hours just to post this.

This happens once a month every month ! (1 week down out of every 4 weeks)

What I mean is service goes down completely or slows down to 3 KB/Sec for a week, the other 3 weeks I get about 100KB/Sec download speeds.

The TOT ADSL service guys checked my system and phone line and said its a TOT problem.

We connected my PC directly to the TOT connection box , still same 3 KB/Sec.

Then when I called the TOT service desk the next day they told me that many other ADSL customers have this problem now.

I am staying in Nonthaburi and would like to hear from others if they have problems with TOT in Nonthaburi or its just me ?

Before I had True ADSL in my old house not far from here and that worked a lot better !

Frequently ADSL goes down during the weekend and back up as soon as TOT office hours start on Monday , this has happend many times over the last year.

Nobody on duty then during weekends ?

If it rains chances are 50/50 that ADSL will go down on me again....

Wish I could switch to True but they have no lines available :o

Thailand become the IT hub of Asia ? Wahahahahahahahahaha you must be kidding !

Edited by brianinbangkok

I having similar problems here in Phuket I use TOT Goldcyber 1024/512, no service at all form Monday afternoon till yesterday evening. Now its slower than dial up or GPRS. I spoke to TOT's customer service (Tel 1100) Tuesday afternoon and they said the DSLAM for my area has a problem but it would be fixed by that evening. Surprise surprise it wasn't fixed that evening or the next morning either. It started to work yesterday evening but very slow and still remains that way. Also your absolutely right, they ALL go home for the weekend, if it breaks Friday night, your stuffed till sometime Monday at best.

I just heard that the CAT international gateway is down according to the TOT service desk.

(according to friend who is a Thai IT system admin)

That would explain slow international downloads but for me even the Thai servers are slow.

Same thing at the office in downtown Bangkok, internet is really slow and that is a True account.

Maybe its a combination of things or more likely the Thai internet system is crashing now :D

Thanks for your reply Pomthai , I'm also using Goldcyber here , seems TOT has the same high service standards all over Thailand then :o

Edited by brianinbangkok

I having similar problems here in Phuket I use TOT Goldcyber 1024/512, no service at all form Monday afternoon till yesterday evening. Now its slower than dial up or GPRS. I spoke to TOT's customer service (Tel 1100) Tuesday afternoon and they said the DSLAM for my area has a problem but it would be fixed by that evening. Surprise surprise it wasn't fixed that evening or the next morning either. It started to work yesterday evening but very slow and still remains that way. Also your absolutely right, they ALL go home for the weekend, if it breaks Friday night, your stuffed till sometime Monday at best.

Where in Phuket are you located?

I have two TOT 512/256 accounts and are connected to the Ao Makham DSLAM.

Last weekend the problem was somewhere on the link to Bangkok because I could ping my first hop. Then on monday afternoon I lost everything except my ADSL signal. After contacting TOT I was told the transmission was down from the Ao Makham exchange. Service was restored yesterday afternoon.

However speeds are only acceptable during early hours of the day, after 10.00 and through the rest of the day my speeds drop 60-70%.

If you think this is my first problem with TOT ADSL, think again. During the 3 years I have been a subscriber I have never had a full month of uninterrupted service. If it is not my lines or the DSLAM or the link to Bangkok it is something else that does not work. As for an emergency crew for the weekends, keep dreaming...

fyrekrig; I'm also on the Ao Makham DSLAM same as you, seems we both got a the same story from TOT, a first maybe? As you said, you are getting 60-70%, thats what I normally get most of the time, but today and basically for the past week its been more like 6-7%. The are occasions when the service works great and as advertised even and I don't mean at stupid hours of the morning either. I lived in Kamala before moving here, had same TOT package there for 1 & half yrs and the connection there was really good almost all of the time. Sorry I can't say the same for here, I even thought that as I was closer to town, I'd be nearer the exchange and therefore better service. How wrong that assumption was!