Where can I do DNA /fatherhood test in Chiang Mai?

Cristiancjb

I got a test kit from an U.S. company on Ebay and took swabs from the babies mouth

sent the swabs back and within 10 days got the full printout emailed to me confirming my suspicions

I think after research found the only place in Thailand was the Police forensics lab in Bangkok that provide a pricey but legally proved service

Is it for your own use or do you plan on using the results in a legal dispute/situation or have you been asked for the results for purposes of citizenship, etc.?

If it is for anything other than your own use then you have to go to Bangkok and be tested there. I believe the above poster is correct that you must go to the Police forensics lab and be tested there (along with the baby) at a cost of around 15K Baht. You could also go to the Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University. Both are suitable to be used in the Thai court system but only one is acceptable by the U.S. Embassy if you are American. I don't know if it is available in C.M. or not, if you need it for your own personal use. Perhaps inquire at the lab at Suan Dok.

33 minutes ago, Mickeem said:

I got a test kit from an U.S. company on Ebay and took swabs from the babies mouth

sent the swabs back and within 10 days got the full printout emailed to me confirming my suspicions

I think after research found the only place in Thailand was the Police forensics lab in Bangkok that provide a pricey but legally proved service

How much did it cost?

5 hours ago, Cristiancjb said:

It is for citizenship purposes. Partly so that I can register my baby as Swedish citizen. So BKK is the only place? I was hoping that there was something in Chiang Mai...

You will have to contact your embassy then and ask them. I only know that the U.S. Embassy will only accept results from the Police Forensics Lab in Bangkok.

6 hours ago, Mickeem said:

6 hours ago, Cristiancjb said:

How much did it cost?

I think it was about £90 from Ebay Uk included sterile swab sticks and a pre paid envelope to the US which I sent when returned to the UK .. I got the lab report from DNA Diagnostics Center 

Archived