Does any have the requirement for a Marriage Visa in English?

I asked my IO if they had instructions on what I would need to submit a marriage visa applications for extension to stay on a Non O visa.  They gave me an instruction sheet in Thai.  They told me have your wife read it.  As if she knows anything about the terms used at Immigration.  I also found out that Pathumthani gives out the same instructions which is also three pages long.  Does anyone have these instructions in English?

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure what you are asking about.

Are you wanting to apply for a non immigrant visa with a tourist or visa exempt entry at immigration.

Or a one year extension of stay based upon marriage.

The one year extension of stay based upon marriage

26 minutes ago, Mango Bob said:

Thank you Joe.  That is what I knew.  This instruction sheet I got is 3 pages long and have 14 items.  But I can't read it so I am not sure.

There is not much more that they can ask for than what I have on my list. 

Perhaps only the financial proof requirements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mango Bob said:

I have 800K in bank now and that will be used to start the O visa for marriage.  I know you only need 400K.

Fine. No problem then. You could in fact go for a retirement extension if you wished. The paperwork is a lot easier and it only requires one visit to the office.

Whatever, good luck.

2 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

I have 800K in bank now and that will be used to start the O visa for marriage.  I know you only need 400K.

You have a non O visa and  you want to change it in a marriage visa O in you I.O ?

I know that some I.O don't want to do it, too much work !

Is it possible to do it somewhere else ? I read here that some people  speak of Penang or Vientiane 

14 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

You might want to reduce your balance to less than 800K so your IO isn't tempted to take the easier retirement route. I have read over the years this has happened to some.

• Like 2

Just doing mine now. Here is what the Agent wants:

Passport

Marriage Certificate

Thai Wife ID Card

Thai wifes Tabian Baan (blue house book)

I also included my Yellow House book and Thai ID Card

Map of your residence - print from Google maps OK

Photos of you and wife outside and inside house. One showing address (we took kitchen, living room, bedroom as well as outside

Bank balance of 400K for 2 months before and must remain above for 3 months after

The agent has contacts at BKK Bank so we did not have to go get a letter. They can access themselves

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

There is one thing that is a must have on all new extensions based on marriage only and that is an updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registration paper which costs 20 baht at your local Amphur office, it must not be any older than 2 weeks. Be careful about some of the posts on here as there is a lot of misinformation being supplied, ubonjoe is the best person to take notice of.

1 minute ago, Russell17au said:

There is one thing that is a must have on all new extensions based on marriage only and that is an updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registration paper which costs 20 baht at your local Amphur office, it must not be any older than 2 weeks.

How old the updated Kor Ror 2 needs to be depends upon the immigration office where the application is done. Many will accept one that is no older than 30 days.

Some offices do not want a newly updated one. But best to get a print out of it at a Amphoe incase they do want it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chrisinth said:

You might want to reduce your balance to less than 800K so your IO isn't tempted to take the easier retirement route. I have read over the years this has happened to some.

Thanks for the information.

I think the other pages of bumph written in Thai are just to do with your making true and correct statements,  understanding the restrictions of your extension of stay,  overstaying, 90 days reporting, Black List (confirming you're not on it), criminal convictions etc etc.

One usually submits the docs and photos as per Ubonjoe's list and just keep or sign (if required....IO will show you where) the others....in blue pen.

Note it appears that Pathum Thani Immigration are now requiring 2 months bank statements as well as updated passbook and Bank.letter.

4 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Just doing mine now. Here is what the Agent wants:

Passport

Marriage Certificate

Thai Wife ID Card

Thai wifes Tabian Baan (blue house book)

I also included my Yellow House book and Thai ID Card

Map of your residence - print from Google maps OK

Photos of you and wife outside and inside house. One showing address (we took kitchen, living room, bedroom as well as outside

Bank balance of 400K for 2 months before and must remain above for 3 months after

The agent has contacts at BKK Bank so we did not have to go get a letter. They can access themselves

For Marriage extension I do not believe that the 400k must stay in the bank for 3 months AFTER. This is only for Retirement extensions

2 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Mine done in CNX

This is the list they sent me. This is what I provided

And I got what I asked for

That's good. Once approved just forget the (non) "requirement " to keep the 400k in the bank for 3 months. Maybe you will anyway but it's not a requirement.

Btw, did they ask for 3 months bank STATEMENTS, as well as bank letter and passbook?

46 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

That's good. Once approved just forget the (non) "requirement " to keep the 400k in the bank for 3 months. Maybe you will anyway but it's not a requirement.

Btw, did they ask for 3 months bank STATEMENTS, as well as bank letter and passbook?

500K sits there year round

No bank statements asked for, or provided

12 minutes ago, chakeeoyen said:

Are you able to post or possibly PM me photos of the sheets? I'm looking for specific information on doing the extension based on income from a Thai company.

Which sheets of paper?

Basically you need copies of tax payment receipts to prove the 40k baht income and your tax return for last year if you filed one. And a copy of your work permit.

Some office also want a copy of the company registration. It can vary greatly from office to office so best to ask the office where you are applying about what they want.

• Like 1