New requirement this year at Pathumthani for marriage extension

I also use Pathum Thani for 90day and yearly extensions.(and TM30 )

Never heard of "bank statements" for a passbook account??

Where is it stated that 3 months statements are required for a marriage extension?

Just B400,000 in your account seasoned for TWO months at application time.

From previous threads over the year I understood that the Bank Letter was good for at least a week?

Perhaps Ubonjoe could comment ?

We have also paid B1000 for an "Express" home visit...ie, the next day. My wife works overseas and can't afford to sit around waiting weeks for this visit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

I would have refused to give them that 1000Bt, or at least tell them what I think of it

and no doubt you'd be happy not to get an extension as well?

Do you think we have any power?

Another immigration office making things up. Chiang Mai is great at doing that. Every year another stupid and pointless obstacle to overcome.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I think they sit around during tea breaks thinking up ways to annoy farangs. Every office competing to see which can come up with the most annoying obstacles.

Can't say that I miss the stupidity and futility of it all. No more getting there at 4am just to get a q number.

As they're quite close by (15 mins) , think I'll pop in before next renewal (January  2020) and get them to state exactly.....at THAT TIME...who docs and statements they require.

They've never in the past mentioned TM30,  but did one yesterday just so that box is ticked.

On 11/21/2019 at 5:18 PM, Monomial said:

New this year however is that they also require a 3 month statement from the bank that covering the day of application.

Seems paradoxical, unless the application office was working on after banks closing time. Do they really think people would be out the night before application blowing all there savings on a party.

(I've only noticed how random things are since 2018, for the immigration aspects, and wonder if it is pollution. I always keep remembering that movie where the military jet crashes and releases a chemical into the towns water table, could be a similar low level version of that theme. Still 7/11 are stopping the plastic bags). 

If I ever go to immigration the account I use does not have a passbook, so that information is most useful, yet another variation, it is all so strange ????

Edited by UKresonant

Pathumthani, compared to other immigration offices, seems to be quite by the books and more difficult than others. Maybe I'm mistaken but from what I see, experienced, and heard, it seems to be so. Yeah that 1k for the home visit is super shady.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

Pathumthani, compared to other immigration offices, seems to be quite by the books and more difficult than others. Maybe I'm mistaken but from what I see, experienced, and heard, it seems to be so. Yeah that 1k for the home visit is super shady.

I recall reading another post here where one gentleman got a home visit from two I.O.'s  which seemed friendly and cordial but before leaving they asked for 500 baht for fuel (and lunch I believe) and when he handed over the 500 baht to one of the officers, the next things he heard was "each, 500 baht for him and 500 for me".  So he reluctantly complied.

I don't know if this was true or not but his post sounded genuine and I remember he was a bit worried that now they might stop by more often (or maybe even on a regular basis). 

Edited by MeePeeMai

Last year the local Bangkok Bank took a couple of days to do the letter (I think they had to get it from Head Office ?).

Maybe that's changed, but,  if not, then there's NO WAY I can get a letter covering the same day as we go to submit the application !

As I said earlier,  I think the bank letter is good for a week.

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I would have refused to give them that 1000Bt, or at least tell them what I think of it

These people obtain more pleasure when they see an expat is upset or aggravated with them. If you smile and say: "It has been a pleasure!"  They become confused and disappointed...????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am not surprised. I've been in Pathum Thani since 2005 and no visit is ever the same. Because of that, I've never tried to get a marriage extension. I've always gotten a Non O ME from a neighboring country and traveled as necessary at least every 90 days, which was easy when I was working. Now, it's a day trip to Phu nam ron. I enjoy the freedom, the drive (I rent a car) and scenery.

I really appreciate your report. I was going to ask for a 30 extension for my last border bounce, but think I'll just make the trip to Laos instead.

Cheers, James

• Like 1

Well i got asked those 3 months bank statement too this month at the Si racha office, and now i wait the visit of an officer at my home (will see if they ask anything for gaz, but last time they visited me i got asked nothing).

Back to the requirement, in 4 extentions i have never be able to complete one at the first try. Every year they asked for a new ramdom requirement, and usualy dish the special requirement they asked me in the precedent year that i have prepare as "not need anymore".

On the list of "one time requirement" i got asked they was a special paper to make sign from 2 Thai witness, extra set of photo with me and my wife in the home (with different clothing than in the first set) and this time its was bank statement.

They are very imaginative to find new requirement you will never think about.

16 hours ago, orchidfan said:

Last year the local Bangkok Bank took a couple of days to do the letter (I think they had to get it from Head Office ?).

Maybe that's changed, but,  if not, then there's NO WAY I can get a letter covering the same day as we go to submit the application !

It is at Phitsanulok Immgration.

19 hours ago, orchidfan said:

My bank sends E mail to head office takes around 30 min to come back.

After or before ... gift or bribe ... Fine line.  Honestly, not looking for a fight just tired if all is expats moaning about how things are done or not done in a country that isn't ours.  

I've worked on Rule of Law projects all over the world and trust me Thailand is pretty easy compared to other countries I've seen.  It ain't right, but it is what it is.  None of us have to live here.

I did my marriage extension at Pathum Thani two weeks ago and had a very different experience. Last year I had the presence of mind to make a full copy of that year's paperwork and adjusted it for the current year. No issues at all and was in and out in less than an hour.

I have always done the 3 months statement just to be on the safe side since I do hear that that is often up to the whims of the officers. As for updating it the day of- the bank book is required to be updated on that day but the statement can be within 5 working days. I confirmed this by telephone prior to going and had no problem using my statement from 3 days prior. I did forget a picture of wife and I in kitchen but was told I could just give it to the officers during their home visit. I did so and they didn't really want it. Which makes sense, they retake all photos anyways during the visit. I've always found that to be odd, but they've told me if I have a Thai child they will stop doing the house visit so perhaps that's why the pictures are a part of the application. 

This year I paid the 1000 baht scam money. They did, however, show up the next day instead of 2-3 weeks later as they did the year I refused to pay it. There was also a year during the reign of Big Joke where they had the "no tips allowed" signs posted and did not ask for money. Those disappeared the day he did. 

This time they also asked if I would participate in a "service day activity" hosted by their office. Wife asked if it would be picking up trash or what exactly. The officer hurriedly replied, "oh, no. That wouldn't look good for foreigners to be picking up trash. It will be something like painting a bridge." I said they should definitely get back to me later and I'd see about going..... 

I think I am ok forgoing a token white face photo op. 

7 hours ago, Alaskan said:

I did my marriage extension at Pathum Thani two weeks ago and had a very different experience. Last year I had the presence of mind to make a full copy of that year's paperwork and adjusted it for the current year. No issues at all and was in and out in less than an hour.

I have always done the 3 months statement just to be on the safe side since I do hear that that is often up to the whims of the officers. As for updating it the day of- the bank book is required to be updated on that day but the statement can be within 5 working days. I confirmed this by telephone prior to going and had no problem using my statement from 3 days prior. I did forget a picture of wife and I in kitchen but was told I could just give it to the officers during their home visit. I did so and they didn't really want it. Which makes sense, they retake all photos anyways during the visit. I've always found that to be odd, but they've told me if I have a Thai child they will stop doing the house visit so perhaps that's why the pictures are a part of the application. 

This year I paid the 1000 baht scam money. They did, however, show up the next day instead of 2-3 weeks later as they did the year I refused to pay it. There was also a year during the reign of Big Joke where they had the "no tips allowed" signs posted and did not ask for money. Those disappeared the day he did. 

This time they also asked if I would participate in a "service day activity" hosted by their office. Wife asked if it would be picking up trash or what exactly. The officer hurriedly replied, "oh, no. That wouldn't look good for foreigners to be picking up trash. It will be something like painting a bridge." I said they should definitely get back to me later and I'd see about going..... 

I think I am ok forgoing a token white face photo op. 

Thanks very much.

This is the best up to date info for Pathum Thani.

I've never submitted anything but copies of bank book pages.

Photo in the kitchen ? Hahahaha.

In the past only lounge/dining area, bedroom and outside with house number.

I'll get the BB letter within a couple of days and hopefully 3 month "statement" similarly.

Your report much appreciated.

17 hours ago, orchidfan said:

Thanks very much.

This is the best up to date info for Pathum Thani.

I've never submitted anything but copies of bank book pages.

Photo in the kitchen ? Hahahaha.

In the past only lounge/dining area, bedroom and outside with house number.

I'll get the BB letter within a couple of days and hopefully 3 month "statement" similarly.

Your report much appreciated.

When I used to do extensions at Chaeng Wattana, they wanted pictures in the bedroom with open closets to show clothing, in front of house with address, in the living area, and a photo of wedding. I printed those same ones out for a few years here in Pathum Thani until the immigration officer asked one day, "why do you show the inside of your closet?". I explained that's what they always asked me for and was told, that doesn't make sense. But I guess a picture in the kitchen makes perfect sense....

10 minutes ago, Alaskan said:

When I used to do extensions at Chaeng Wattana, they wanted pictures in the bedroom with open closets to show clothing, in front of house with address, in the living area, and a photo of wedding. I printed those same ones out for a few years here in Pathum Thani until the immigration officer asked one day, "why do you show the inside of your closet?". I explained that's what they always asked me for and was told, that doesn't make sense. But I guess a picture in the kitchen makes perfect sense....

Yes, perfect sense. Better have one of the open fridge as well to show food inside!

And after all that, the IOs on the home visit take another 5 or 6 phone photos Including group selfies inside a.d outside the house!