What kind of screwdriver do I need for this?

Daffy D

It's a throw away society, it's what they want, you can't gain access so throw it away and buy another.

64 years ago they started to get it right, I'm 64, so is my fridge, yep born the same year I was and it works better than me now.

But why would you make something to last a humans lifetime, when you could make it to last 13 months avoid guarantee issues and have people buy dozens of them throughout their lifetime.

The general attitude here is avarice, and of course they don't care who or what they stuff up along the way as long as they make their profits...!

Hope you can find the appropriate screw driver bit to open it and fix it.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, millymoopoo said:

It's a throw away society, it's what they want, you can't gain access so throw it away and buy another.

64 years ago they started to get it right, I'm 64, so is my fridge, yep born the same year I was and it works better than me now.

But why would you make something to last a humans lifetime, when you could make it to last 13 months avoid guarantee issues and have people buy dozens of them throughout their lifetime.

The general attitude here is avarice, and of course they don't care who or what they stuff up along the way as long as they make their profits...!

Hope you can find the appropriate screw driver bit to open it and fix it.

AKA, planned obsolescence.

Many products are made today as "snap together" instead of screw together. Take it apart and you probably have broken the plastic parts that hold it together.

(An art perfected by the Chinese manufacturers)

• Like 2

On 11/26/2019 at 10:16 AM, sirocco said:

Hello,

it's a "crucifix", there are 3 or 4 fins,
sometimes flat at the end, or pointed;
In my pack of screwdrivers and bits, I have them.
See in DIY surfaces.

leave religion out of this

????????????  exact, ATYCLB,  but I think to have garnished my "Christmas palm", this
had to inspire me.
So, let religion aside and "cruciform" will go very well.
Each mouthpiece has its name, but I only know them in my mother tongue. So, I avoid another blunder.

On 11/26/2019 at 10:20 AM, worgeordie said:

Try a small flat end screwdriver first,so it wedges in ,might work,

if not you will have to buy a screwdriver set the includes that type.

regards Worgeordie

medium Philips head with rubber band also works

On 11/27/2019 at 7:54 AM, canthai55 said:

Power strips - Toshino

Have 3 for over 15 years. Never missed a beat

Toshino  been thru loads of them  all  junk havent found a decent  one yet, one with individual switches which usually dont  after a few  months..................source, wife has   condos she rents out regularly replacing them