October sees surge in registered capital of new firms

October sees surge in registered capital of new firms

By THE NATION

comp.jpg.5024c4cf46fadd2ce2e54dd480c98b3d.jpg

FILE photo

The number of newly registered companies in October stood at 5,751, down 7 per cent year on year, according to Sorada Lertharpachit, deputy director-general of Department of Business Development.

However, their total registered capital amounted to Bt98.590 billion, up 393 per cent year on year.

In terms of numbers, the top three applicants were construction firms, property developers, and restaurants.

The number of the firms dissolved in October stood at 2,116, up 2 per cent year on year with a total capital of Bt8.050 billion, down 20 per cent from the same period last year. Most of them were in the construction, real estate, and restaurant businesses.

The number of newly registered firms in the past ten months (January-October) totalled 63,359, up 1 per cent over the same period last year. Their combined  capital amounted to Bt284.618 billion, up 9 per cent. 

There were 14,070 firms closed in the period, down 2 per cent year on year, with a total capital of Bt82.959 billion, up 15 per cent.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30378779

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-11-27

Fewer companies being registered but each having higher levels of capital, I wonder what that's all about. It sounds as though some serious construction is being planned.

There's a really high rate of business start up/closures here each month so when the headlines read that X number of businesses have closed, it doesn't really mean much.

• Like 2

I am sorry I have zero confidence in Thai government produced figures or any data they give. Under the current conditions coming out with a 300%+ rise in anything kinda stinks of at best a decimal point out by 2 or 3 at worst just simply a lie. 

1 hour ago, Scot123 said:

I am sorry I have zero confidence in Thai government produced figures or any data they give. Under the current conditions coming out with a 300%+ rise in anything kinda stinks of at best a decimal point out by 2 or 3 at worst just simply a lie. 

Try coming up with a reason why rather that same old mantra that the government numbers can't be trusted, that's just an excuse not to think.