DHL Domestic Express Shipping 10 Baht Promo

sraisin

Thought I would share a DHL promotion I just stumbled onto. I booked a 4XL (H+W+L=200cm) 18kg delivery from Bangkok to Samui using DHL Domestic Web Portal at the flat promo rate of Baht 10, box arrived next day. Hard to believe, so I booked a second box, same flat rate Baht 10. The rate is a start up promo for the web portal so make sure you use the right channel. Flat 10 baht rate applies to any size parcel from small to 4XL. Great way to avoid Bangkok Airways excess baggage limit. I am sure it won't last long.

https://ecommerceportal.dhl.com/retail/#/booking

I am trying to return a Kindle reader to Amazon in USA.  DHL express shipping is over 2,000 baht.  Thai Post registered surface is 300 baht.  Except it appears that they will not accept any item with batteries even by surface.  The parcel has been turned back 2 times.  One time sent by air TP 800 baht and 1 time TP surface 300 baht.  The The battery is lithiun Ion 'not restricted' (PI 967).  Time for delivery is not an issue.  Any ideas please about how I can send this back?  Or must I bite the bullet and pay the DHL price? Thank you 

• 2 weeks later...

Worked very well.

They even picked up the package for free. 

You can insure the package for about 1% of its value.

I sent a TV and they didn't break it. 

Just don't expect next day delivery,  with all the holidays it took 5 days. 

Edited by uhuh

17 minutes ago, uhuh said:

Promotion finished

I figured that wouldn't last long if it was genuine.   

My experience has been DHL Thai domestic is pretty slow vs Kerry.   It could vary by region which carrier is dominant in that region.

But in general, sending a heavy package via Kerry or other local carrier seems to be superior to checking in the bag via air travel.   Especially if you don't reserve the weight ahead of time (you try to do it at the check-in counter).  And it is door-to-door.

On 12/10/2019 at 2:41 AM, uhuh said:

They even picked up the package for free. 

That's nice they pick it up for you.

DHL Express Thai domestic is slow because they use Kerry.

Here were are talking about ecommerce DHL, a completely different operation and separate from DHL Express.

About prices: a package of 20x30x40 cm costs 100 B with Kerry, 105 with ecommerce DHL. The latter will pick it up at your place,  with Kerry you have to bring it to their station.