Lost my license plate in Pattaya

galenjones

I lost the license plate of my motorcycle. The license plate is from Bangkok, because i bought it there.  I made a police report yesterday in Pattaya, because I stay there. I feel save with this report in my pocket to drive. There are some locations in Pattaya for official inspections etc. One told me, that they would charge 2000.-Baht (incl. check up, tax and gov. insurance) and it would take about 3 months, but I had to go to the immigration first. Another guy from the same company, but another location, told me, that the police report would be enough. So, does somebody know it better from his own experience?

i had a similar experience - bike bought in bkk and lived in another region.....

Lost number plate - got police report, took it to the local LTO office by me - but told have to either go to the office where the bike is registered (in your case BKK) and request a duplicate plate - or the regional office where you live (in your case Chonburi LTO) to change the book over to the area you're living in - (in your case pattaya / Chonburi) and they will issue new pattaya / Chonburi plate / tax disc and amend the book....

In either case, you're going to have to make 2 trips - which is a PIA .....

You may be able to find an agent who can do this for you - but of course, they won't do it for free !

Hope this helps ....

Edited by piston broke

8 hours ago, galenjones said:

Thanks "Piston Broke", this is just another option: change the green book from Bangkok to Chonburi.  I will drive to the DLT next week and I will check all options.  

if you decide to do this - you have to go to the main Chonburi LVO - you cannot do changes from one region to another at the local one by Regents school....

And as said before - you will have to make two trips, 1 week appart.......PIA ...

good luck !