Changing registered mobile number with Bangkok Bank

I would be very grateful for any assistance with the following issue.  I required to change my registered Thai mobile number with Bangkok Bank a few months ago and duly visited my local branch that I set up the account with in the first place.

I provided the teller with the new mobile number and identification and thought that would be the that.  I checked my online account a few days later and it appeared that the old mobile number was still active on the account.  I was also informed during the visit that the mobile number could be updated at the ATM.  Rather than go back to the branch I updated my mobile number at a local Bangkok Bank ATM.  I returned to the UK for a few months and tried to use BB internet banking for a transaction that required a OTP and nothing happened.  So, two attempts to change my registered Thai mobile number have proved fruitless.

Has anyone else experienced this?  

9 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

Has anyone else experienced this?  

I went into the branch and asked them to change mine.

They said do it in the ATM, but the ATM wanted my Thai ID number, back in the bank they reluctantly did it for me. You get several OTP messages during the process.

Best to check everything works when you're in the bank with them using the phone app, than to trust what they do/say actually worked.

I wasn't prompted for a Thai ID number at the ATM at the time and all appeared uneventful, BritManToo.  I'll revisit the branch tomorrow and hopefully encounter the ever competent lady that set up the account in the first place.  We've had dealings with her in the interim and she's the only one that seems to get things done in that branch.  I've also noted your kind advice to check all is in order before leaving the building.  TiT.  

Archived